International Day Of Peace.

Posted September 20, 2014 no picture Artemis B.

no picture Artemis B. View Profile

September 21,1981 The United Nations General Assembly declares that on this day world peace is going to be celebrated, in every corner of the world. A year later, the International Day Of Peace is born. September 21, 2014 23 years later, things are not peaceful at all.These current situations are the proof: Israel-Gaza (thankfully the ceasefire was agreed) Syrian Civil War Russia-Ukraine Islamic State (also known as ISIS) And the ones who are affected the mo...

Hopes and Dreams

Posted September 19, 2014 Avatar Imen Nighaoui

Avatar Imen Nighaoui View Profile

A seven billion voice, a seven billion hope and a seven billion dream. The number is big, the earth is round and it is the only place we have. Different races, different beliefs, different backgrounds and different souls but we all live under one sky, we all admire the same stars and we all breathe the same air. We all have a heart, see with two eyes, hold with two hands and walk on two feet, some of us may grow wiser and some others may fall every time they walk. Maybe we...

Diminishing Diversity

Posted September 19, 2014 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E View Profile

Over the past decades human activities and experimentation with nature has been responsible for rapidly diminishing the diversity of life forms on this planet. Each species lost is a storehouse of environmental knowledge selected for over millions of years. The exploding sciences of biomimicry, bioengineering, and genetic manipulation highlight the enormous potential a single species may have in helping humanity create a healthier, more sustainable interaction with our environmen...

AN OPEN LETTER TO MR BOMBER MAN

Posted September 19, 2014 Avatar Chima F. Madu

Avatar Chima F. Madu View Profile

To whom it may concern (with all due respect).... I have heard and read lots of shocking things about you. I don’t even know which ones to believe. Most of these issues really got me thinking out loud. Firstly, I hear you plan to comfortably sit in Aso Rock one day. Are you for real? Is it the 400m monolith on the outskirts of Abuja or the presidential villa? Just in case this is true, your counterparts in much smaller nations have not yet succeeded in attaining this seemingly unattainable f...

Youth issues in the local news

Posted September 19, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hi you guys!! A lot of things are going on currently in Chile, such as political and economic reforms, and the Independence party held for pretty much the entire week. Finally it seems like the temperature is getting warmer and life goes on regularly for this beautiful country and its people. But one piece news has caught my eye and I want to share my thoughts on it with you. Chile has an agency that collaborates with the executive branch on designing, planning, coordinat...

What do we want as Algerian youth?

Posted September 18, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

Each one of us loves his country. Personally, I have no problem in sacrificing my life for the good of my country, it's such an honor to me! I am sure that we all hate to see our countries suffering and we always wish that we could do something to help our nation; actually, I have no doubts at all that it's our duty and our responsibility to preserve the future of our country! I think the thing that makes me sad is seeing my motherland suffering. It's an awful feeling and I hope...

Inspiring profile: "Not everyone can do everything but everyone can do something"

Posted September 18, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hello Everyone! I´m pleased to introduce this inspiring profile, I hope you enjoy it and share your thoughts on it down below for questions or commentaries. Our friend is Victor Quezada, Co-founder of Patagonia Compassion - an NGO that takes volunteers from Chile to Kenya to help children in need. He´s also currently leading a project to build an orphanage-school for children orphaned by HIV/AIDS. Name: Victor Quezada Navarro Age: 24 y/o Can you give us an insight...

Do one thing - Read!

Posted September 18, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

As I have mentioned in a previous post (http://www.voicesofyouth.org/en/posts/the-terrorist-s-daughter---2) I have been quite fond of reading from the very early days of my life. As a kid, I would often find a book, lay down on the floor and make myself comfortable, and I could go on like this for hours. Until I was about 10 years old, my English was quite bad and I read only the Sinhala books I could get my hands on. Things changed when I found two excellent English teachers in the...

Forgiving Terrorism

Posted September 18, 2014 Avatar Thisuri Wanniarachchi

Avatar Thisuri Wanniarachchi View Profile

I grew up with a war. So did another 6 million Sri Lankan children of my generation. Just like most of them I've been rushed out of school through explosion sites, seen burning corpses on the sidewalks, I've waited for weeks at a time by the telephone to hear from my father, a Sri Lankan Army officer away on duty during the war. A war for peace; an oxymoron my father and hundreds of thousands other military men and women committed their lives to. Growing up, I was often pi...