Entrepreneurship: the best solution for unemployment

Posted October 22, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

For a nation to succeed, it is crucial that it’s people should be able to enjoy a decent life. Their purchasing power has to speak for the quality of life they enjoy. In achieving this, a major factor to be considered is the employability and the the employment status of the people. I think we all agree that the first group who should be prioritised in terms of employment is the youth. It is the youth who are employed who can contribute most effectively to the national economy an...

Youth voices must be heard in Kurdistan Region

Posted October 21, 2014 Avatar Avin Omar

Avatar Avin Omar View Profile

When the current leaders of Kurdistan get older and die… Who will lead? In the 21st century the power that is leading the world is youth's, but in Kurdistan it's Old’s. Whether it is good or bad, is a different story. The first independent Kurdish Government was declared in 1992 and after 2003 when the Baath Regime in Iraq was ended, the Region became more stable and economic growth started to raise rapidly, many doors were opened for globalization; hundreds of National...

One Young World summit - We can learn from each other!

Posted October 21, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

From the 15th October to the 18th October I was privileged to attend the one young world conference in Dublin, Ireland. The moments that stood for me were as follows: 1. Children and young people should never have to go through such abuse: at the age of 13 Yeonmi Park watched her mother be raped so as to protect her from rape. The heart wrenching story did not leave dry eyes in the crowd. 2. Everyone who spoke called for action. Our world is going into dangerous territory wit...

7 Billion to One

Posted August 24, 2014 no picture misstbn101

no picture misstbn101 View Profile

7 Billion to One That’s quite a ratio Now ask yourself this Which side is greater? Which side is worth more? Most will probably say 7 Billion: easy Now I ask you this Imagine a time you were picked on In school, online And then you told yourself you were fine But you weren’t For when you thought of that 7 billion to one you only though of that ONE Because ONE person did something to make you feel bad Sad, unloved, depressed, mad Then...

My Earth; My Responsibility

Posted October 21, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Earth is a beautiful living planet of the Universe as the common habitat of more than 7 billion human population & millions of species of biodiversity. Our Earth provides us with food, shelter & with most of our requirements. Despite unavoidable free services provided by earth to humans we are not being able to pay off her kindness to us. Rather we humans are being cruel to our Earth by our selfish activities. Mahatma Gandhi said, “Earth provides enough to satisfy every...

http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6

DOWNLOAD How do children see their rights affected by digital media and tools? In July and August 2014, 148 children in 16 countries took part in workshops to discuss the opportunities and risks associated with digital media; these discussions – and the voices of the child participants of the workshops – are reflected in this report. Findings were presented at the Day of General Discussion, a meeting focusing on digital media and child rights that was convened by the Co...

Monique Jansen

Posted October 20, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

Monique Jansen is from Atlantis in Cape Town, shares her learning journey within the Children's Radio Foundation and how her life has changed since joining Teen Express youth reporters.

My prediction on health

Posted October 19, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Healthy living for most people is an option that only “sports people” get to enjoy. For most of us, jogging on Sundays and eating salad twice a week is already good enough to look after our bodies. However the more we grow and the more committed we are to academic or professional goals the less time we take to actually be healthy. This thought came to my mind because I recently went to the doctor and went out so happy that I wondered how was it possible for me to call gover...

Horn Free Day in Lagos!

Posted October 17, 2014 no picture Ma'Reke

no picture Ma'Reke View Profile

Have you ever imagined a Horn-free Day in your city? Now imagine a horn-free day in a bustling mega-city of at least 20 million people, with frequently traffic congested roads. Imagine a horn-free day in Lagos, Nigeria! October 15 was symbolic not just because it was the International Day of Rural Women, but because the Lagos state government marked a horn free day for all motorists in the metropolis-and the compliance was great. If there is one thing Lagosians do not miss t...