Tales From Costa Rica – Pura Vida

Published Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante

Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante

Costa Rica’s mantra is Pura Vida, which translates to Living Purely. It is used in all kinds of scenarios from farewells to exclamations. This saying is more than just something said to appease tourists but rather it is a way of life. Regardless of the socioeconomic status, job, or location everyone is all about Pura Vida. Costa Rica exudes this feeling and it is something that I naturally needed to reflect on. So what a better place to start my “Tales of Costa Rica” serie...

Finding Wonderland...

Published Avatar Bhavana

Avatar Bhavana

"Her eye fell upon a little bottle that stood near the looking-glass. There was no label this time with the words 'DRINK ME,' but nevertheless she uncorked it and put it to her lips. 'I know SOMETHING interesting is sure to happen,' she said to herself, 'whenever I eat or drink anything; so I'll just see what this bottle does." Not that long ago, I stumbled across the VOY Blogging Internship and I decided to participate in the entry competition. Every time I write, interesting...

Letters From a Love Child

Published Avatar Mariel Alonzo

Avatar Mariel Alonzo

Time Management

Published Avatar Utsah , student

Avatar student
Utsah

These past weeks, as I was busy with 9 to 5 office work, I realized the importance of time management. Earlier, I had plenty of leisure time. I could postpone my work and still find time to complete it in the future. But today, putting off one task for later means a task left incomplete. It is hard to manage time for tasks that require your attention in the present, let alone for those tasks that were delayed in the past. It is very necessary to be able to manage time. I evaluate...

Let's Talk About Women in the Tech World

Published Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb

Hi! Long time no see, Voices of Youth community J. I am sure you have stayed as amazing as I knew you and I am more than eager to start posting more often again, as I am enjoying the summer holidays. For this post, I want to bring up the subject of gender equality in the tech world again. I have written about it in some other posts of mine, but this one will be concentrated exclusively on the subject and based on my own experience. Firstly, I think it would be quite appropria...

Social Influence

Published Avatar Eya Abidi

Avatar Eya Abidi

Our behaviors as well as way of thinking are tremendously shaped by others; normative rules constructed in our minds denoting how individuals are expected to behave in certain specific situations and perceived by us as standard for appropriate behavior. What comes out of or against the expected is negatively odd and not only unpermitted to be demonstrated publically, but also forbidden to think about within yourself. In a culture awfully detained by “what others think of you” a...

Average 20 Somethings

Published Avatar Lebera

Avatar Lebera

“We urge you to apply in the future”. “The selection process was highly competitive”. If you happen to be familiar with the latter phrases, then my heart goes out to you. I know how you feel because I too have faced the same disheartening and unsettling thing: REJECTION. I do not know about you but my high school experience did not include spending my time conducting energy related research, creating youth platforms, or volunteering in third world countries. Instead, I...

Human Rights Violations

Published no picture Finlay

no picture Finlay

Hi today I will be doing a blog about Human Rights Violations across the world. Recently our world has become fragmented in war, hate and terror, and despite the UN best efforts people across the world are having their human rights abused unfairly. Take North Korea for example, for years they have been violating and ignoring the Universal Declaration of The Human Rights, every year the kill thousands of people, they have camps similar to the Holocaust, and they torture and imprison...

My experience through Digital mapping and My story

Published Avatar priya verma

Avatar priya verma

Digital map is a powerful digital tool for raising awareness and encouraging action. Voices of Youth maps is a UNICEF initiative, which promotes the use of digital mapping to empower young people.. Selected youth mapper has to share with the world specific environmental challenges and actions in their community by uploading pictures and geo-location reports to a special UNICEF global digital map focusing on climate change and the environment. In December 2015, during the 21st editi...

VOY across the world