World Water Day 2017: 'Why Wastewater?''

Posted Avatar Courage Nyamhunga , U-Report Coordinator.

Avatar U-Report Coordinator.
Courage Nyamhunga

World water day is held annually on 22 March as a means of focusing attention on the importance of freshwater and advocating for sustainable management of fresh water resources. This year’s theme ‘Why waste water’ is about reducing and reusing waste water. Waste water is a valuable resource to help achieve the Sustainable Development Goal 6 target. This target aims to halve the proportion of untreated waste water and increase water recycling and safe use. Access to safe w...

A 10 year old boy

Posted no picture Roseli

no picture Roseli

A 10 year old boy is playing football with bombs above his head, and mines underneath his legs. Another 10 year old boy plays football with rain above his head, and grass underneath his legs. The first boy will be gone forever if he puts his leg at a wrong place. The second boy will cry a tear or two if he falls on the grass. Who will be heard when they complain? And who will get a second chance to make up the mistakes?

Atmospheric Particulate Matter

Posted Avatar Yvonne Wabai , Student, Writer, Scientist, Kenya's Ambassador to Tunza Eco-Generation and W.Y.A. member.

Avatar Student, Writer, Scientist, Kenya's Ambassador to Tunza Eco-Generation and W.Y.A. member.
Yvonne Wabai

INTRODUCTION Atmospheric particulate matter (APM), also referred to as particulate matter or particulates, is the sum of all particles liquid and solid suspended in air. To refer to the mixture of particulates and air, the term aerosol is used. An example of these particulates includes gaseous contaminants, smoke, smog, dust, pollen, mold spores, viruses and bacteria.PARTICULATES IN KENYA'S ATMOSPHERE A study done by J. Karue, A.M. Kinyua and L. Njau in 1990-1991 in conjunction with University o...

At Least Water Isn't Important

Posted no picture Kelepi Baba

no picture Kelepi Baba

At Least Water Isn’t Important Romantic partners are great, right? You get to hang out, enjoy each other’s company, have inside jokes, laugh, smile, love. There’s something about a stable intimate connection with someone that makes you more content in everything you do. Now, if I know that I like my girlfriend, I love spending time with her and that I want to keep spending time with her, it’s logical that I would do things within my power to retain that relations...

The Essence of Photography: Capturing Truth

Posted no picture Dane McQuillan , Student

Dane McQuillan

“Photography is about capturing souls not smiles” - Dragan Tapshanov. Gazing at an unnaturally posed person creates a lifeless image, versus a genuine emotion on somebody’s face that enlivens the photo. I don't know about you, but I know many other people, including myself, would choose the second option. Photography should be full of life, so don't you think capturing real life moments would be a good idea? I felt my pocket for my disposable camera as we sped through Roc...

The flame of a new beginning

Posted Avatar Naimisha , Freelancer journalist

Avatar Freelancer journalist
Naimisha

When you leave behind a huge crowd that gathers from various parts of the state, when people from various sections of the society come down to show their unconditional love, when tears of every person you were associated with don't stop, when your ethics, moral values and goals live, then you are definitely very much alive. It's not time to rest in peace, but to wake up and fulfill dreams. This was your unbreakable spirit in which you even celebrated the trauma of cancer. Y...

The 'Me' in 'Spring'

Posted no picture Rajna , Student

Rajna

It is the third day of spring and I am already a new person. It’s as if this sunshine has brought more hope and enthusiasm into my soul. Till yesterday I was so confused and sorrowful, looking just as grey as the rainy clouds. But today I am a changed person. Maybe it is because I indulged in some sweets or because I may be in love. Who knows? However, all I know and all I feel is an extraordinary happiness. The one that makes me feel like a superhero. The one that makes...

Make a change. Fight for something.

Posted Avatar Alexandra N Muntean , Student

Alexandra N Muntean
http://antiwarcommittee.org/wp/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/global-warming.jpg

I know. You hear the words climate change every day and you ask yourself why you should care for that. You think these words have no effect on you. Well, maybe they really don’t. At least for now. But what about the moment when you’ll have trouble breathing? What about that instant, when you’ll realize that the scenery you used to admire will be dry and burnt to the ground? What if you’ll be thirsty, but this time your water supplies are empty? When your appetite for vege...

The Deal

Posted Avatar nikki , student

Avatar student
nikki

I've tried promising myself that I'd stop writing. The pay isn't enough, I tell myself. You're not even good at it, I tell myself. But promises aren't always kept, And I've gotten very good at breaking this one. So instead of a promise, I made a deal. I'll stop writing when the words stop calling out for me. I'll stop writing when my heart stops calling back.

VOY across the world