A Fresher’s Plight: Bagging a Good First Job

Posted November 25, 2014 Avatar Ajay Lamba

Avatar Ajay Lamba View Profile

Fresh out of college or nearing the end of your final semester in college, getting your first job is a common concern that freshers face. While it is a concern that students should be having, it isn’t a problem. The fact that freshers have to walk through hell to get their first job is barely true. In fact there are numerous companies, small and large, that look for inexperienced fresh graduates and post graduates. So where is the problem? The Fresher Mindset We all wante...

Men, Gender Equality is your issue too

Posted November 24, 2014 no picture Noelle Oputa

no picture Noelle Oputa View Profile

It's been over one month since Emma Watson's speech was presented at the UN but I relate to it time and time again. From my ongoing research on gender relations within formal schooling, I can write pages about this issue, but the underlining premise is that feminism is not synonymous with man hate or female superiority as Emma Watson rightly mentioned. It is the recognition and representation of the capabilities embodied in the woman and we have tried for so long to deal with this...

Journey with Voices of Youth

Posted November 24, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Sometimes I feel that time is running too fast and this feeling has become stronger as I am wondering how fast has time passed as it is already five months of my internship with Voices of Youth blogging. However, I am very glad that I am part of VOY and got this golden opportunity to share my views and ideas in the global online youth platform. During my internship with VOY, I got to learn about various issues of all around the globe like gender issues, FGM, environment issues...

WHY ABSTINENCE ALONE JUST WONT CUT IT

Posted November 24, 2014 no picture Katongo_VOY_CONNECT

no picture Katongo_VOY_CONNECT View Profile

WHY ABSTAINENCE ALONE JUST WONT CUT IT In this generation it is normal to see young people going out and dating but not so long ago during our parents time dating was a sign that people are ready for marriage. Unfortunately youths of today don’t take dating to be a serious thing some view it is a chance to engage in sex others view it as a way to be close with people of the opposite sex. But we must realise is that dating among youths isn’t just fun and games during a yout...

PRESSURES FACED BY THE YOUTH

PRESSURES FACED BY THE YOUTH Youths take up most of the world’s population and so when there are problems they are the most affected. In Zambia 68% of the population constitutes of young people. Therefore young people are exposed to so many problems or pressures like lack of education, HIV/AIDS, teen pregnancies, early marriages, peer pressure, abuse, unemployment and so many more. So if this is what the majority of the world’s population go through then what must we do ab...

TEEN DATING AND FLIRTING- WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE

Posted November 24, 2014 no picture Andrew Jikanza - VOY - Zambia

no picture Andrew Jikanza - VOY - Zambia View Profile

TEEN DATING AND FLIRTING – WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE Most people in between the age 15-24 are found in romantic relationships just for the fun of it. If you are dating and you fall in this age ratio ask yourself this ‘is this love or infatuation?’ then take yourself back to the times when you are together. Do you act like you love each other or do you act like you want each other, do you only talk about sex and things related to each other’s bodies. In most adolescent re...

GENDER BASED VIOLENCE

GENDER BASED VIOLENCE Why do you think men beat women is it because they want respect or because they just want to? Well, mostly from what I’ve heard men beat women because they claim that the women deserve it but that’s not the case men beat women because they want to be in control, to be respected, to satisfy their ego and finally to release their frustrations. Let’s talk about why they do it to be in control. Some men feel that it is their known right to be in contro...

I Don't Hate Men!

Posted November 24, 2014 Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

Gender equality is a topic that fascinates me, and something that I believe we should all strive for and work towards. I am a proud feminist. But what I dislike is the misconceptions that come along with saying you are one. The surprised looks and the hollow single minded questions, those really bother me to be honest. I am 14 years old and I am currently in 9th grade. The other day, I don't remember precisely what I was talking about with a guy friend. At some point in the...

What I learnt this week

Posted November 23, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

Well, there’s something I learnt last Sunday, on 16th November where the second tour of presidential elections in Romania took place. What I learned? That people matter. A lot. These elections have offered a huge surprise to all Romanians: on one hand, we selected a President which is part of the German minority in my country; on the other hand, the percentage of people who went to vote was one of the highest in the last 25 years of Romanian democracy. I won’t speak too m...