Condition of Child Marriage in Nepal

Posted July 25, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

A report entitled ‘Ending Child marriage – progress and prospects’ which was released by UNICEF during the ongoing first ever Girl Summit in London, highlighted that Nepal has the ninth highest prevalence of child marriage in the world with one in every three child brides living in the country. Nearly 18% of women aged 20 to 49 years were married before age of 15 while about 34 % of women were married or in union after age 15 but before they turned 18 in Nepal, the report...

The Plight of Nigeria's Legacy

Posted July 25, 2014 Avatar Mukhtar Muhammad

Avatar Mukhtar Muhammad View Profile

Legacy as the word sounds and implies, takes its meaning synonymous to ethics and values passed down to generations. Though, Nigeria as my domain and lineage, I hate to say, I grieve in bewilderment of unremorseful deterrence within my subconscious. Its state I longed to see way pass when it deserved. Self-preservation and fulfillment is a resolute nature that scores if not devours, thawing enough the heart of its gearing non unanimous thought. I would hopefully like to take a...

Were are the Latin Americans at AIDS2014?

Posted July 24, 2014 no picture Keren Dunaway

no picture Keren Dunaway View Profile

Today is the last day of the AIDS conference, it has been such a great experience and opportunity that obviously is once in a lifetime. The meeting were great but for the entire week I've been asking: where are the Latin Americans representatives at the conference?. It seems that there are no Latin Americans at the conference at all, great disappointment because there's a lot of struggles going on, specially in Central America. We had an little space today on the plenary room w...

One Million: Use It To Enrich Libraries

Posted July 24, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

I usually hear that people read less than in the past. Should we accuse them of this? On the one hand I agree. Technologies alter paper books. There is also the other side of an issue. It is a lack of books in libraries, especially in villages. It may sounds funny. But this is the problem which I see in Ukraine. And if I were a millionaire, I would spend money for libraries The situation is similar on whole territory of Ukraine. But I am going to view Lviv region where I live....

Education

Posted July 24, 2014 no picture Karrengunalan

no picture Karrengunalan View Profile

It is every child's right to get the best education in the world. But when they are in a classroom, the teachers should always give equal rights to all students without seeing their background whether they are poor or rich, dark or fair, a smart student or a failure student. I think it is in the teachers' hands to bring up the failing student to a smart student by encouraging what he or she is best for, but not forcing them to do something they do not like. Every child in this worl...

Have You Seen The Future?

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

no picture Victor Brown Omovbude View Profile

That's the kind of question, you don't get often. Well, i have seen it; and how the firmament, with gaudy clouds and safe havens made a home for man. How a nation, as mighty as fate, worked in peace. How employers revised no preferential treatment; how schools were built and laid on transparent education, and how girls ''ill-fated right'', to education and health care became a thing of the past. The world is going to change soon, but when? Some may ask. The issue is, we're the CHANGE! The gover...

Remembering Prof. Mills

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar Kwasi Bekoe

Avatar Kwasi Bekoe View Profile

I am no poet. Lend me your eyes on a piece I prepared for former President of Ghana, John Evans Atta Mills who moved on to join very distinguished leaders in the silent world. Tomorrow will mark second anniversary since his sudden demise. It would be disheartening on the part of organized labour made up of Trade's Union Congress (TUC) and public sector workers if its one-day industrial action proceed as planned in protest of the current government's unpopular decisions. Not only wi...

Is migration wrong?

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hello guys! I´d like to talk about something that’s been concerning to me very deeply ever since I came to Chile. A couple of months ago I was at the PDI office (sort of a police investigation device) looking for a personal document, and there was a woman, Colombian by the way (I could tell because by her accent), and when I first arrived she was already having a discussion with someone while holding a baby, but I didn’t even came close to her. However at a certain mo...

Paris

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Daanial Chaudhry

no picture Daanial Chaudhry View Profile

Bonjour! It was only a couple of weeks that I paid a visit to the beautiful city of Paris. The city of love and so much more. A city like no other. A city full of culture, commerce, and contentment. The nature of my visit was an artistic one, but it ended up being much more than that, and within my 3 short days in the city I explored the Parisian way of life.. Each of my days would start with a metro journey, but unlike my usual gruelling commute to work, I enjoyed these...