3 Traits My Next President Must Have

Published Avatar Gerald , Mr

Avatar Mr
Gerald

There are three fundamental questions most voters have in common when assessing a candidate: Who are you? What do you have to become our leader? What changes will you make when you become President? These are genuine questions and concerns that all voters must have. On the other hand, the responses we always hear: I am a son of the soil. Your problems are my problems. If you elect me as your President I will make education free for all. Electricity and water will never be lacking i...

My Climate Change Stories About A Climate Refugee

Published no picture Fariya Abubakari , Country Co-ordinator of End Ecocide Ghana

no picture Country Co-ordinator of End Ecocide Ghana
Fariya Abubakari

This year’s climate conference in Paris might be the last chance to limit global warming below 2 degrees. Climate change affects everyone, but very differently among individuals. Read how vulnerable people are being affected by climate change in Ghana. Ama is a 12-year-old primary school graduate that had to abandon her home in a small industrial town in the northern part of Ghana, where 80% of the people work in agriculture and yet every day they have to face the tough...

My Climate Change Stories on The Life Of A Vulnerable Woman Farmer

Fariya Abubakari

This year’s climate conference in Paris might be the last chance to limit global warming below 2 degrees. Climate change affects everyone, but very differently among individuals. Read how vulnerable people are being affected by climate change in Ghana. Latifatu is an energetic young woman farmer from Bawku in the Upper East Region of Ghana who spends hours each day hauling water for her family to drink, wash, as well as for their livestock and crops and cooks for her families...

My Voices of Youth Blogging Internship

Published Avatar Derwayne Wills , Social Change Provocateur

Avatar Social Change Provocateur
Derwayne Wills

Writing my final blog entry at 4:24am on this last day of August, I just can't wrap my finger around this being my final blog post. Is this the end though? So soon? Or is this the beginning of something so explosive, so mammoth in proportion, that it would make the Big Bang jealous? Whatever it is, I can say that this Voices of Youth Blogging Internship has been a turning point for me. In my writing, advocacy, and even the way I see issues facing youth globally. This internsh...

Climate Change Crisis – A Lethal Game of Brinkmanship

Published no picture Bhavana Singh

no picture Bhavana Singh

As the reality of sudden climate change starts to strike many , people may ask: "How will it affect my livelihood?" Gradual climate change can have abrupt impacts on people and ecosystems.” Agriculture is one area in particular where gradual shifts in temperatures could pose problems for crops and the farmers that grow them. “Our food is already heat stressed. If we move to unprecedented levels of warmth, what will we do for eating?” Most farmers in developed nations...

Environmental Responsibility In Nigeria: A Sad Tale.

Published no picture Peace , Save The Earth Nigeria Initiative (STENI)

no picture Save The Earth Nigeria Initiative (STENI)
Peace

She was a slave girl. She did all she was asked to do. Her masters asked for water, she quickly brought some, they drank of the cup and the rest was turned on her head over her body. Her masters asked for vegetables to make food, she was given none of the meal and when they were done, they threw the stems at her. Her masters asked her to fetch wood to make fire when it was cold, this she did and she was put out in the cold without any wood to make her own fire. Eventually, she beca...

Media and the Socially Excluded

Avatar Social Change Provocateur
Derwayne Wills

When the media misrepresents marginalised or socially excluded groups, it is really an injustice to two groups of people. It is an injustice to the marginalised groups being covered, as well as an injustice to the readership, whose perceptions will be guided by inaccurate reports coming from the uninformed press corps. Sure, the media is regarded as a social and political watchdog, but there is a widening gap between civil society and the media that must be bridged. Whether socia...

Why We Need Feminism

Published no picture Andrijana Prodanic

no picture Andrijana Prodanic

It's 2015. We have stepped on the moon, but we still haven't cleaned the dust from the word FEMINISM. Just let me tell you, Feminists are not angry hairy man haters walking around with torches. Feminist are just fighting for equality, not taking over the world. When I first came out as a feminist, and spoke about sexism and rape, there were people who laughed. I, myself, don't find anything funny about it. We should all use our voices and stan...

Inspire! with Laura Golakeh: One Way Ticket to Monrovia

Published Avatar Gerald , Mr

Avatar Mr
Gerald

Living in poverty is an experience no one wants to have. Hence many young people from poor and developing countries are seeking educational opportunities in developed countries such as the United States of America, Australia and countries in Europe and Asia, to advance their studies. Quality education is key to lift their families and communities out of poverty. However, a big challenge that most of these young graduates face is returning home after their studies. This week, I...

VOY across the world