Inspire! Julia Warren: celebrate! RVA

Published Avatar Noor Samee

Avatar Noor Samee

Julia Warren is a passionate lover of Lilly Pulitzer, cake pops, and all things colorful. She loves life, but she doesn’t stop there. Julia wants to make sure that everyone has the opportunity to feel celebrated and joyous, which is why she started her very own non-profit organization in Richmond (USA) at 16 to do just that. Currently, 3 years later, she is the Executive Director of the rapidly growing nonprofit called “celebrate! RVA”. She runs the organization around a uniq...

The Period Revolution

Published Avatar Itumeleng Mphure , Ms

Avatar Ms
Itumeleng Mphure

2015 has ushered in a new revolution that has made civil society, feminists and young people as a whole, from developed and countries, vocal. I call it the period revolution! Young people from different parts of the world have taken to social media and even started campaigns highlighting the social issues that women of different ages face in connection with their monthly menstrual cycle. In Africa and other 3rd world regions statistics have been released of how girls miss sch...

Finding My Voice in the Noise

Published Avatar Derwayne Wills , Social Change Provocateur

Avatar Social Change Provocateur
Derwayne Wills

Being a journalist at age 22 is no easy feat. Neither is juggling that profession with blogging and activism. But hey, I managed to turn out alright. Sometimes I have to remind myself of how far I’ve come and how one thing lead to the other. Allow me to throwback to where it all began. The year was 2012. It was July. I was fresh out of High School. Around that time, there was a small resistance movement happening in one of the towns of Guyana because of some surprise government...

Kenyan Girl Advocates on NTV

Published Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International

Receiving the support of the first lady and other distinguished guests last week after an impressive speech at an event about the Post 2015 Agenda, the Kenyan Girl Advocates are continuing to raise their profile further. On an appearance on live NTV – one of Kenya’s leading TV stations, Hope, 16, confidently reached out to the general public discussing work with Adolescent Girls on the Post-2015 Development Agenda and the ‘Because I am a Girl’ campaign. Here is the vide...

Is Climate Change Pushing the Caribbean Towards a Health Crisis?

Published Avatar Advira Shand , Climate Tracker, Adopt a Negotiator on the path to Paris

Avatar Climate Tracker, Adopt a Negotiator on the path to Paris
Advira Shand

I still cringe when I remember the agony I encountered when I was brought to my knees by the chikungunya virus in late 2014. Almost everyone within my community in South Manchester got a taste of this vicious virus. Sure enough, nearly a year after the outbreak in Jamaica, the mere mention of the term “ChikV” will inspire long harrowing and often times comedic tales from individuals within my community concerning their experiences with the virus. Incidentally Jamaica was just o...

Preserving species is one of the main causes of biodiversity protection. Statistics show that the extinction threats are not mere theories but existing realities. The species extinction continues and is growing to become one of the problems in the world in the early 21st century. Nearly 80% of the Malagasy biodiversity are threatened. The situation seems much more serious as the biology department of the University of California Berkeley conservation published in the American magaz...

Pratibha15

Published no picture Sailesh Singhal , General Secretary

no picture General Secretary
Sailesh Singhal

Pratibha, an intra-college festival organized by St. Joseph’s College- Students’ Council, celebrates the energetic talent of the youth on the occasion of the International Youth Day. It creates a platform for the students to participate in the different activities and events, showcasing their creativity and innovation. ‘Pratibha’ which also means ‘talent’, was a one-day event, brought the youth together to a common platform giving an opportunity to celebrate the energy...

A group of four young humanitarians from Sierra Leone and Liberia, who responded to the Ebola crisis in their countries, are attending the World Humanitarian Summit Global Youth Consultation in Qatar on the 1st and 2nd of September. They will work with over 200 other young people from around the world to finalise a global consultation process to ensure young people are listened to ahead of the first World Humanitarian Summit(WHS) in Turkey in May 2016. The WHS is an initiative...

Inspire! Eddie Komane: A Young Man Chosen By the People

Published Avatar Itumeleng Mphure , Ms

Avatar Ms
Itumeleng Mphure

There are many ways to make a meaningful contribution to society. Small acts make ripple effects which have the power to change a community. For my Inspire! article, I interviewed Eddie Komane who has thus far dedicated his life to public service with a zeal to improve the quality of life in Katlehong township. Eddie Cecil Komane is the Ward Councillor of Ekurhuleni ward 60 in Gauteng Province in South Africa. At his appointment, in 2011, he was 27 years old making him the younge...

VOY across the world