Am I perfect yet?

Published no picture Angela Vinot , Student.

no picture Student.
Angela Vinot

Perfection. The word is so foreign but so familiar at the same time, right? We always try to reach it but we never quite get there, no matter how hard we try. Do you know why? Because it’s impossible to reach something that doesn’t exist. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It’s a phrase we hear frequently on the TV or at school, in art class. The phrase itself tells us that beauty can be different for each one of us, the same happens with perfection. What you think is pe...

Living With Anxiety - Up Close and Personal

Published no picture T A R A

no picture T A R A

"I think I'm having a panic attack" I text my best friend at 11:00 pm, laying in bed, the overwhelming thoughts hitting me all at once. I hate going to sleep, I hate laying in bed, in the dark, waiting for the thoughts to consume me. Anyone who lives with anxiety knows how I feel. I live with an anxiety disorder and have been suffering with it since I was in junior school. It has been my biggest battle so far. Anxiety for me, means living in a bubble, a bubble without air, y...

Waiting in the corridors of death

Published Avatar AnuOluwapo Adelakun , Gender Advocate

Avatar Gender Advocate
AnuOluwapo Adelakun
http://sundiatapost.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/tra.jpg

“I’d rather die in the arms of a traditional birth attendant than let a nurse touch me during child delivery.” Aunty Dele is one of my very hardworking grandaunts and the most uniquely opinionated one too. Though not formally educated, she’s quite curious and clever. Just last week, I was having a chat with her about some of the perks of being a woman in Nigeria and the issue of childbearing came up. You see, Aunty Dele has three children and is even a grandmother but...

#DefundHomophobia

Published Avatar Derwayne Wills , Blogger

Avatar Blogger
Derwayne Wills

The massacre of 49 persons at a gay bar in Orlando, Florida builds on the conversation of violence meted out to members of the LGBT community. Here in Guyana, no effort was spared by politicians to condemn the mass-shooting in Orlando. But my leaders are yet to tell me what is the way forward. Guyana's government official responsible for citizen well-being, Volda Lawrence, condemned the shooting saying it is difficult to see such biases "in this era of freedom of expression a...

To the patriarchal woman and her oppressor

Published Avatar Pabodha Hettige , Freelance Writer

Avatar Freelance Writer
Pabodha Hettige

It’s not an easy game to be a woman in a predominantly male headed society.’ At least, this is what’s being heard the most. As much as it signifies the truth to a greater degree, letting the trend to continue does not ensure a happy and bright future for women. The forced submission to control, does not define a real woman, who by nature is a strong and an outstanding power block. One cannot expect patriarchal societies to dramatically transform to treat women as equals....

#StopYulin Dog Meat Festival

Published no picture Melanie

no picture Melanie

I assume that you care about dogs or other animals. I never saw a post like this on here before that's why I wanted to make the first post about it, in hope that I can change more minds about animal abuse. As you might have heard already there's a Dog Meat Festival in China, every year in June to celebrate the summer solstice. The festival lasts ten days and in those ten days, people kill and torture about 15,000 dogs and cats! They think the meat will be tastier because of a...

The African Child

Published no picture Osumareton Egbe

no picture Osumareton Egbe

I weep for my South African brother Hector Pieterson and the more than 500 other children whose rights, visions, dreams, future and bodies were crushed by people that were supposed to protect them in the Soweto Uprising I weep for the 2.7 million children that death took in Africa's first World War in the Democratic Republic of Congo I weep for the little ones striped by poverty, murdered by starvation during the civil war in Nigeria I weep for my little brothers and sisters in South Sudan Fight...

Being utterly fascinated by social psychology, the Brexit vote made me rethink my fundamental knowledge about human behaviour and relationships. The couple EU and Britain had their ups and lows. But BREXIT sealed their break-up once and forever. Within Britain, 2 main campaigns dominated: Remain and Leave. Cameron’s ‘Remain’ campaign appealed to the logic and rationale of voters, expounding the devastating short-term economic consequences that Brexit would bring about and h...

Onism

Published Avatar Richa Gupta , Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine

Avatar Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine
Richa Gupta

(n). the frustration of being stuck in just one body, that inhabits only one place at a time […] (Source: The Dictionary of Obscure Sorrows) By the time we enter primary school, we’ve heard all about the planets in our Solar System. As we grow older, we learn that the Solar System is just a speck in the Milky Way Galaxy, and that there are thousands of galaxies out there, peppering our universe with their glow and might. The celestial mysteries that beckon to us are countle...

VOY across the world