Published Avatar Wabai Yvonne Wairimu , student

Avatar student
Wabai Yvonne Wairimu

I remember the day I enrolled in high school, I was nervous. Almost all my family members came to see me before I went off. I had done them all proud, being accepted to one of the most prestigious high schools in Kenya. On that day I could eat anything I wanted at the family restaurant, free of charge. I got various amounts of money from different people, all well-wishers, to go into my pockets. I had more than what I needed - no complaints there. At about 2 o’clock, we drove...

Pizza Love or the Real Thing?

Published Avatar Raquel - Frescia CM

Avatar Raquel - Frescia CM

The following was said by Mary Beth Bonacci and someone wrote it, well I think so. People use the word 'love' a lot of different ways.Take me, for instance. I am often heard saying that I love my mom and dad. I am also often heard saying that I love pizza.What am I saying when I say I love my mom and dad? I'm saying that I care about them. I'm saying that I love spending time with them and that I talk to them every chance I get. I'm saying that if they needed me, I would do every humanly possi...

The war of our generation

Published no picture Flora Dan Hua

no picture Flora Dan Hua

By exploring what we know of the past, it only raises more questions about the future. I often wonder to myself, why does history always seem to repeat itself? Is there a pattern in society? Do people not learn from their mistakes? Why do governments commit to such atrocities when we know of corruption it may bring? And I can only come to an incomplete conclusion that for each question I make, another will arise. I remember in grade eight history classes, my history teacher hos...

PLURAL+ Awards 2015: Another Kind of Girl

Published Avatar KateVOY , VOY team member

Avatar VOY team member

Name: Khaldiya Aamir Film: Another Kind of Girl; PLURAL+ Partner Award Country: Jordan Age: 18 What 3 words describe you best? Compassionate, sentimental, and stubborn Tell us about your film - what is it about? The film talks about what life is like in the Za'tari refugee camp. Through this film I wanted to show the world who us Syrian children are and the challenges and risks that we face and overcome despite the difficult circumstances we are curren...

Published no picture Nancy Saili

no picture Nancy Saili

196 countries will this year meet to sign a new climate change agreement in Paris. This summit is being labeled the most important climate conference of the decade. As the December 2015 Paris summit draws near, it is evident that climate finance in increasingly vital to the success of a universal agreement to decarbonize the global economy . The French government is aiming for 20% of the overall budget of cop21 to be privately financed. As the deadline creeps even nearer, the org...

Let's Be the Change

Published Avatar Reid T.

Avatar Reid T.

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Gandhi Hello there, I am Reid, and this is my voice, a voice which I intend to help people with. I started a project around five months ago, determined to see the end of it, but now, five months later, I have realized something, I need help. This project that I speak of is a magazine by the name of ‘Real Life’. I started this magazine in hope of enlightening our communities on the situation at hand, with all profits going t...

LGTB vs Society's Stigma

Published no picture Mariano B. Akle , Student

Mariano B. Akle

For a very long time, humanity has worked to face the toughest of all tasks. Tasks that required the total input of many and the loss the majority. Today we live in a society that challenges the most basic human moral principles. And for what? Money? Power? Wealth? If we cannot establish the definite line between dreams and reality, then where are we leading our future generations? The community in which we are, shapes our definition of society. Why? Because we look at all of tho...

Dose my community need me?

Published Avatar Magezi Bashir , CEO/Founder

Avatar CEO/Founder
Magezi Bashir

I was born here, I grew up from here, I studied from here, I learnt my first lessons from here, I made my first friends here, it’s the only place I understand most on earth because even when I sleep, I can explain the whole map of it, and tell the names of every one in it and everything there. What makes it unique from other places? It’s where I grew up from. So it gave me all what I needed, and supported me when I needed it, and IT MADE ME WHO I AM TODAY. But I ask mysel...

PLURAL+ Awards 2015: Blue

Avatar VOY team member

Name: Breech Asher Harani; Film: Blue, PLURAL+ International Jury Winner, PLURAL+ Partner Awards Winner Country: Philippines Age: 23 What 3 words describe you best? Creative, Hard-working, Open-Minded Tell us about your film - what is it about? "BLUE" is a short film that talks about the experience of leaving a family for a new life in a foreign place, and being misunderstood for being different, including the effects especially on young people....

VOY across the world