Forgiving Terrorism

Posted September 18, 2014 Avatar Thisuri Wanniarachchi

Avatar Thisuri Wanniarachchi View Profile

I grew up with a war. So did another 6 million Sri Lankan children of my generation. Just like most of them I've been rushed out of school through explosion sites, seen burning corpses on the sidewalks, I've waited for weeks at a time by the telephone to hear from my father, a Sri Lankan Army officer away on duty during the war. A war for peace; an oxymoron my father and hundreds of thousands other military men and women committed their lives to. Growing up, I was often pi...

Women's rights and Human rights

Posted September 17, 2014 no picture kriti

no picture kriti View Profile
Bring all the ignited minds around to the same page and channel their energies to make it a better world for all and for the generations to come.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Womens-Rights/73661...

All, Please help me to promote my page if you like my posts by sharing and contributing to it. Also please provide your valuable suggestions on how to connect more people , bring the constructive discussion on the topic and engage society for change. Kriti

Bonjour! :) I have been quite busy physically, morally and psychologically with numerous events occurring in my life lately. I have read, witnessed, realised, wondered, thought, learnt and done a lot. I realise that my life is, indeed, a wealthy one in its own way and I give thanks for everything Life gives to me. Furthermore, what is going on in my country really strikes me and I feel it’s time to start speaking up. As my piece got too lengthy, I decided to write it into two par...

This is a message from Baba Mahamat, francophone young blogger from CAR: CAR (Central African Republic) is a country located in the heart of Central Africa, with Bangui as capital. It covers an area of ​​623,000 square kilometers and has an estimated population of 4,000,000 inhabitants. Since CAR's independence (acquired on August 13, 1960), this country has gone through many political and military crises. More than a dozen "coups d'état" were attempted, among which 4 were...

Radio Workshop

Posted September 17, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

Born in the rural village of Tsolo in the Eastern Cape South Africa, Bongeziwe Mabandla's love and passion for music was a beacon during his childhood challenges. He shares with us his dream of making it big in the music industry and what inspires him and his sound.

RADIO WORKSHOP: FAMILY PORTRAIT DAY

The Red River Primary School in Manenberg recently hosted their first family portrait day. The "Rock Girls" youth reporters interviewed organizers, parents, and friends at the event to find out what family means to them.

Radio Workshop: Annual Youth Radio Awards!

On the 15th of June, the Children's Radio Foundation will be hosting its annual Youth Radio Awards in Cape Town. These awards celebrate the great work researched and produced by the Young reporters. We spoke to a few of them to hear what they had to say.

Voices of Youth Inspire! Homegrown Artist

Posted September 17, 2014 no picture Effie Johari

no picture Effie Johari View Profile

This week, I had the pleasure of interviewing my friend, Mei Lee, for my Inspire! profile. The passion she shows for her work and her endless drive to attain her goals has always been one of the reasons I was attracted to her as a person, and I admire the consistent expressions of these traits until today. Some of her notable projects include recent work for The Kitchen Guardian and Green August which ended up being sold on DFTBA. Your name Mei Lee. Your age23 Where a...

"Giving is the best thing in life"

Posted September 16, 2014 Avatar María Barba

Avatar María Barba View Profile

Certain coincidences changed the life of Lucia Lantero. Lucia is a young Spanish woman. She met a French boy who told her he was going to Haiti to help the people after the earthquake with his knowledge of food conservation. She remembered what she had seen in the TV about the earthquake and decided to join him for 3 months. It's heartbreaking how she tells what she felt when she met Haitian children living in the street of the Dominican Republic with no families at all. Sh...