Posted by MischaVOY

Applications Are Now Open!

We're happy to announce that applications for the next round of VOY Blogging Internships are now ope...

Hope

Posted no picture Meggi , Student

Meggi

You know what keeps us all alive? It's hope. Hope for life, hope to be loved, hope to enjoy those little things in life that makes us happy. It’s hope that can stop a war and bring peace and joy to our souls and world. We’re all born with hope in our hearts, but unfortunately some of us lose it. We lose it by being pessimist, by thinking "Oh no, I can’t do that", "I will never be that good" or "I will never have success in life". We lose it when we face failures , sadness , depression and t...

Why We Need Gender in International Migration Theory

Posted Avatar Jasmin Lilian Diab , Researcher and Author

Avatar Researcher and Author
Jasmin Lilian Diab

Despite the fact that understanding gender is crucial in the migration context, it has been witnessed across literature, theory and discipline, that this highly fundamental factor has been overlooked. The reality of the matter is that throughout the emerging study of the field of migration as well as the theory underlying it, scholars and experts have traditionally focused upon the reasons for international migration and movement of people across borders, rather than upon questions of who migrat...

The Starry Night

Posted no picture Maya kaddah

no picture Maya kaddah

Nobody has the right to decide how you should live your life.Some people would judge you when you decide to chose a different path from them.If you do trust yourself, that you are a grown up person who can make rational decisions in life, then do what's right for you and never listen to them. Don't wait for their approval (unless they're your parents).People will always find negative things to say and ways to put you down, and you want to know why? Because you are challenging them in the way you...

I'm sorry

Posted no picture kiki

I'm sorry for a lot of things I'm sorry for making my mum cry because she knew how bad I felt but I kept telling her she couldn't help me. I'm sorry for being so rude to my dad even though I know he struggles a lot himself. I'm sorry for not standing up to the kids in high school who bullied my best friend for an illess that couldn't be cured. I'm sorry for becoming the bully myself because I wanted to be like the "cool kids". I'm sorry for talking behind the back of my best friends even though...

Helping children who flee

Posted no picture Cam , Student

Cam

Droughts and floods, bombs and wars, violence and mistreatments…this is the reality of millions of children. When they flee, they can aspire to a better future. We can help them through their battle. When these children go away from poverty and violence, they let behind them everything they know, everything that was reassuring and calming through the storms. Every single child needs help and people who care about them. They need love, help, education and fun to overcome their difficulties. We ne...

Falling Angels

Posted no picture Tamara Tosh

no picture Tamara Tosh

It wasn't my child yet still it keeps me up at night it wasn't my child but I can still hear your little cry In the day time I try to sidetrack my mind's eye going about my regular activities ,But I've never felt like this before for someone who wasn't family, come to think of it all of us are family.I felt it to my womb even though you were not the fruit of my womb, this random senseless killing left me with a loss, I'm not your mother but I'm a mother.I cannot begin to fathom how she feels, ho...

More than only mere facts…

Posted no picture Yasmin Youssef

no picture Yasmin Youssef

How education can help us in the development of sustainabilityIt is the end of the school year. It is the time when report cards are distributed and degrees are issued. Results are compared; both between the students and between countries. Those with better educational achievements and test scores are considered better educated or have better educational systems than those with worse results. But are we maybe measuring the wrong thing? Is successful education maybe not only the simple ability to...

'We’re just children caught in the middle'

Posted no picture UNICEF Africa , Communications

no picture Communications
UNICEF Africa

Fiston is just 14 years old. He’s endured violence and displacement, yet is finding a way to keep up his studies even in the midst of the crisis in DRC.I’m in the sixth grade at Kabeya Kamuanga School. It’s been a few months since my life changed completely and I went from being a normal student to the life of struggle that we have now. For many months, there has been conflict in my region. It’s a war between adults, but of course it’s affected every child in Kasaï. Instead of letting grownups...

Being a female entrepreneur in the world requires more bravery than you would think. Beyond breaking the age-old stereotype that a woman's place is supposedly in the home rather than in the workplace, women in tech are forced to confront sexism, the barrier that is upheld by the very men who argue for innovation and progress in our world. Until very recently, women, according to Kia Kokalitcheva of Axios, have tended to withhold their experiences out of fear, as they believe that publicizing the...

VOY across the world