Dear World...

Posted Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante

Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante View Profile

What is one message you want to share with the world? Dear World, Never forget to be idealistic and revolutionary. Never lose sight of your dreams… Dear World, is an innovative book, in the making, which compiles short letters addressed to the world from its youth. The goal is to show that a group of “kids” can do something profound, something that will leave its mark and ultimately something that can change the world. The central question of the book i...

Global Voice for Change Learning Video

Posted Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International View Profile

Plan International spoke to young people we work with in four countries to explore how they are communicating with each other and what they would like to do if they were able to connect with young people in other countries. The video above summarises what they said. Click here to learn more about the Global Voice for Change project and the Youth Steering Committee. Click here for a longer video which explains our learning in more detail.

Words can destroy people

Posted no picture binaila

no picture binaila View Profile

A few months ago, I was diagnosed with depression. I knew I was depressed, but after I was diagnosed, I felt even more depressed. Some days I am happy and spunky, while other days, I feel like I am in a pit of despair and as if there will never be a day where I will be happy again. What triggers the bad days are what people are saying or doing. For example, one day a girl was sitting next to me in class and she said, "I don't know how people could be depressed, it's weird, like I'm...

Name: Marius Esparon Age: 23 Occupation: Benefit Officer Explain to us what is Ile Perseverance? Ile Perseverance is a reclaimed artificial island on the north eastern coast of Mahe, less than five minutes drive from Victoria. How long have you been living there? I’ve been living there since February 2011 among the 1st batch of people to receive their House keys to stay on the island. You were the young pioneer what did you have to do? As Perseverance lack...

Art is forever (?)

Posted Avatar Cathleen Lee

Avatar Cathleen Lee View Profile

Almost every piece of writing from Baekje or Goguryeo* isn't available to us. Why? Because they don't exist. Silla's unification of the three kingdoms surprisingly left few documents written by people other than Silla. So, wherever you go, you won't be able to find anything from Goguryeo and Baekje, except for a few statues and wall paintings. People often say that art is forever. And this is mostly true. We can easily feel the immortality of art in our everyday lives. From Del...

In The Name Of Religion

Posted no picture Rafia Saleem

no picture Rafia Saleem View Profile

September 2012 - “What is this?” I exclaimed, couldn’t believing what I saw. My car was jammed in the midst of hundreds of Madrasah students. In the small city of Bahawalpur, this was a very unusual sight. There were children of all ages, carrying posters and chanting against the blasphemous video. “Baji, these children study in nearby Madrasahs. Today, they have come out to protest,” my driver informed. “But they are so many. They cannot be all from seminaries,” I do...

Real Stories of Ebola

Posted Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International View Profile

"Every day and night, I sit in my family's little home in Monrovia and watch people from my community cry as their family members are taken away by the National Ebola Taskforce to be cremated. They cry that they won't see their family any more, they won't even be able to talk about them at their graveside. As these dead bodies are taken away, I wonder how life will be for their family and how will their children survive as most of the victims of Ebola are usually the heads of...

Forced marriages on the rise in the time of Ebola

Posted Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International View Profile

Posted by Christiana, Plan youth blogger 21 November 2014: My name is Christiana. I am 17 years old. I live in a small village in the Moyamba District in southern Sierra Leone. I lost my father when I was a baby and my mother is a petty trader. I have experienced issues affecting girls’ rights to education because I was forced into marriage. I want to be a voice to tackle forced marriage in Sierra Leone and the world. I dropped out of school twice: when I was 7 years old...

We will not give up !

Posted Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui

Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui View Profile

A bullet and a gun can end someone's life but death will not make us weak. I was in the hall of the Tunisian Parliament, when a security officer screamed " Stay away from the windows someone opened fire at the Bardo museum " Still, I couldn't believe that what I am hearing is true, again for a second I thought that there was a mistake and those sounds coming from the vicinity of the ancient Ottoman campus are an illusion, I tried to convince myself that what I am hearing is...

VOY across the world