Me and You: Life and Death

Published Avatar Just my two c€nts , Medical student

Avatar Medical student
Just my two c€nts

I don't know what happens later, is their life after death? I don't know what happened to him after I placed over his coffin a wreath I wonder if there was a flash of light or a whisper in his ear The moment when he bid goodbye to those he held near & dear I need to know how he felt when he knew his death was near Because I need to know he was okay and not in fear We all have that one person we wish we could bring back from the dead We all wish that even...

Beyond Victimization: Women in Genocide

Published no picture Miranda Wolford , Student Ambassador

no picture Student Ambassador
Miranda Wolford

The Tom Lantos Institute is an independent human and minority rights organization empowering others to learn, educate, and act for religious and ethnic groups. To stay informed, go to http://www.tomlantosinstitute.hu/. Reflecting on major instances of genocide, we often develop archetypes on what the perpetrators of such dehumanizing crimes look like. In the Holocaust, white German men bearing the ominous Swastika characterized the perpetrators. In the Rwandan genocide, barbaric...

Don't Quit

Published Avatar Aurna , Creative Director, CEO, Volunteer

Avatar Creative Director, CEO, Volunteer
Aurna

This blog post is meant as a piece of advice. Due to the amount of advice I get every day, I thought: let’s give back a little bit to the world. It can be helpful or a waste of time - it clearly depends on your perspective. The world is getting more technologically advanced and with that, our lives are becoming more competitive. From our personal life to our professional life, we are handling stress every moment. Often times we find ourselves feeling insecure. But it gets even...

Your dreams are worth fighting for!

Published Avatar Dianne Mae , Student, Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University

Avatar Student, Don Mariano Marcos Memorial State University
Dianne Mae

Many people at some point will discourage you to stop and quit on trying. Many of them will tell you that what you are doing isn’t helping, what you are making isn’t that good as what others’ can. And many of them will pull you down and will kick you off on your feet. In my case as a student, I always encounter some individual such as those, and I admit that not even once, I heard them saying, “You don’t actually deserve to be where you are now.” At some corner in m...

An Ersatz Epoch

Published Avatar Richa Gupta , Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine

Avatar Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine
Richa Gupta

We’re so surrounded by manmade articles, that we sometimes forget to notice and appreciate the subtle, modest hints of nature. Although nature has borne humanity, humanity often neglects to acknowledge her presence… leading us into an ersatz epoch. An Ersatz Epoch Tube lights imitate the pallor of the sun's rays at noon—white, violent, illuminating. Lamps replicate the lighting at dusk, as the sun gradually dips below the horizon— a soft orange glow, mildly r...

The Indian Unity in Diversity

Published Avatar Harsh Mahaseth , Student

Harsh Mahaseth

Food has been seen as a medium which mirrors the culture of a community. It is indeed seen that one’s personality influences one’s taste preference. The taste of sweet and spicy is what defines the flavors of the Indian cuisine which is generalized in the Indian population: including the fiery spices, such as the hot Indian chilies, to the sugary Indian sweets, such as ladoos, which excite your sweet tooth. The Indian diversity can be seen from the different types of food found...

Let's do this!

Avatar Medical student
Just my two c€nts

I've got this fire raging inside of me My then hazy goals now I can clearly see They used to seem too far,too invincible But now I know that I am definitely capable I promise I shall never give up or despair I promise I shall never about the gossips care Because now I see, now I see What I can truly step up to be So come on you all! Let's do this! Let's take life head on for whatever it is Let's not worry about unnecessary things Let's chase our d...

Pyrrhic

Richa Gupta

This poem describes the misery and bereavement associated with war. It talks about the unhappiness, the destruction, and the fact that no one truly wins. Most of the time, the costs are so great that they undermine the triumph of the victor. Pyrrhic. Pyrrhic Land, fragments of stone to lord over, decaying vegetation, collapsing petals. People genuflecting with shock, under the rule of new skins, people with a foreign accent, strange syllables melting on their tong...

The Power of Living in the Present

Published Avatar Nafees A. Siddique , Writer

Avatar Writer
Nafees A. Siddique

I know how hard it is to lose someone, how hard it can get to know that your friend is no more, and how hard it is to see your loved ones dying. But after all these things you have to learn to move ahead, no matter what has ever happened and going to happen with you. This is life and we have to learn to smile again. People think it’s easy to talk about motivation and all but let me tell you it is the hardest thing to do in this world. People will get you wrong, they will misund...

VOY across the world