PLURAL+ Awards 2016: The Cops Don't Know

Posted Avatar KateVOY , VOY team member

Avatar VOY team member

Name: Sam Chegini Title of your video: The Cops Don't Know Age: 24 What 3 words describe you best? Creative, hard working, passionate Tell us about your video – what is it about? Everyday African-Americans may lose their lives in the hands of the police in the USA for no reason. The Cops Don’t Know is basically a reminder to people that black lives matter. Based on the documentary films, videos, and articles, the Cops Don't Know reviews all the painful cases w...

Welcoming refugees

Posted Avatar Vic Kino , Etudiant

Avatar Etudiant
Vic Kino

I live in a quite big and beautiful French town stuck between Luxembourg, Germany, and Belgium. The city is full of diversity, when I walk in the street, travel on the bus, I see and hear many nationalities: a lot of German tourists, people with North African origins and even sometimes some Chinese students. It's such a pleasant town to live in. Given that the situation in the "Calais jungle" was getting worse every day, the government decided to "divide up" the refugees from t...

Choose Compassion, Go Vegan

Posted no picture Manal M , Engineering Student

no picture Engineering Student
Manal M

As the Global Goals awareness increases tremendously with much more influencers, students and politicians discussing them and bringing more attention to them, I cannot help but feel inclined to share my own goal of choice. This goal is unique in a way that it actually ties in with not one, but 3 other global goals. My goal of choice is Good Health and Well Being, and it is associated with Life Below Water, Life on Land, and the most prominent being: Zero Hunger. I know many of...

Wonder Woman, the new image for emancipation?

Posted no picture Yasmin Al Bardawiye

no picture Yasmin Al Bardawiye

On Friday 21st October 2016 the UN appointed Wonder Woman, an American comic character, as an honorary ambassador for the equality between men and women. This ceremony has launched a year-long campaign. But does she really advocate the right image for the emancipation and empowerment of women and girls? Long legs, knee-long boots, red lips, erotic look, short and tight outfit in the colors of the American flag (US flag on an international UN symbol? How is this possible?). That i...

The Internet’s Fate: ever heard of ICANN?

Posted Avatar Rita Baumer , Ex VOY Intern, Current Management Student

Avatar Ex VOY Intern, Current Management Student
Rita Baumer

The Internet, the most miraculous of all miracles. I have grown fond of it ever since I started using it. I can’t even imagine the possibility of it disappearing. The worst case scenario is that it becomes truly at the mercy of an organisation we don't know and that can be manipulated. But that’s maybe about to happen. Details. The Good, The Bad and The Debatable Lately, there’s been a little bit of noise in some news websites - but nothing too noticeable. About what? About the dangers l...

Ummm...Wait! What?

Posted Avatar Just my two c€nts , Medical student

Avatar Medical student
Just my two c€nts

Dear life, I used to think you would be definite. Yet obviously perfect with opportunities infinite! Where wishes on shooting stars would come true. Days would be all gala! No worries, no blues! The perfect life, the perfect job, the perfect relations. Where love was universal, absolute and needed no mention. But now I've actually become an adult, with all the responsibilities my soul's all huddled. Getting up every morning to the shrill cry of alarm. So neatl...

Facing Literary Rejection

Posted Avatar Richa Gupta , Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine

Avatar Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine
Richa Gupta

I was excited, fifteen, and naïve. I had just been introduced to the world of literary magazines, and was amazed to know that there were so many platforms on which writers could publish and share their work. To a tenth grader whose poetry had previously been limited to her personal blog and the school yearbook, this realization opened up a myriad of avenues in my hopes and imagination. Reality #1: Not everyone will love your work Until the point I started submitting to liter...

A Visit Gone Wrong

Posted no picture Lmcve1

no picture Lmcve1

When you go on vacation or a long trip to another country one of your biggest worries is if you will be safe or not. This isn’t somewhere you are used to or know the ways of the land. But you do expect that if something were to go wrong that the police and judicial system would be there to help you even though this isn’t your home country. In the Merriam-Webster dictionary, it states that domestic violence is “the inflicting of physical injury by one family or household membe...

War and Peace Talk: in the memory of my Grandfather

Posted Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui , Translator | Writer | Human Rights Activist

Avatar Translator | Writer | Human Rights Activist
Imen Al-Nighaoui

A lot of things cross my mind everyday. I am still indecisive about what I want to see in the future. However, I clearly know what I don't want to see. A world ravished by wars. This definitely what I don't want to see in the future. I didn't witness a war myself, I only see the aftermaths on television during the evening news. However, I some how came so close to it through connecting to my grandfather. Looking at his face, and through his glassy eyes I can tell you a lot abou...

VOY across the world