Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Posted July 30, 2014 no picture Marissa

no picture Marissa View Profile

Hey everyone! I've been debating for a couple of months now on whether or not I want to participate in this online community. There was no particular reason why, I just didn't if I was ready to take a leap into the unknown. As you can tell, I ended up taking the leap, and I'll just have to see where I land. I can't tell you exactly what this blog is going to be about, because honestly I do not know. I am just going to see where the wind takes me. Okay so I am currently a freshm...

We Are Just As Important

Posted July 30, 2014 no picture Micheal Ighodaro

no picture Micheal Ighodaro View Profile

The International Aids Conference AIDS2014 has come and gone, but we have learnt from this conference is something we all should individually define in our own ways. For many this conference was the one for the youth, and for others it was the one we finally have a clear roadmap to ending Aids. But for young MSMs*, transgenders and adolescent MSMs it was the one where our issues weren't that important for discussion. During this conference there were several panels of discuss...

Progress, Peace, and Palestine

Posted July 29, 2014 no picture Christina Nguyen

no picture Christina Nguyen View Profile

The month of June was the month when the world saw gasoline being poured onto the Arab-Israeli conflict of 10 decades--ceasing the optimistic idea of peace within this region that followed the cease-fires a few years back. The world watched as the fire grew. The world watched as the fire consumed thousands of people into this hatred. The world watched as Israel and Palestine played a intense game of dodgeball. But in place of those rubbery colorful round balls, their balls cons...

Trans Rights Movement in Malaysia

Posted July 27, 2014 Avatar Effie Johari

Avatar Effie Johari View Profile

I regret not having written this sooner while the event was still fresh in my mind, but better late than never. On the 12th of July, I went to ‘Beyond Binary’, a talk hosted by national trans ally campaign, I Am You. This was my first exposure to the Malaysian trans community. I went with a friend and her friend. None of us knew anyone else there, not personally. Most of those in attendance seemed to know one another, though, which was overwhelming in the beginning. The eve...

Be Careful In Social Network

Posted July 27, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

I believe you know about dangers which can be in social networks. But I would like to tell you a little story I heard lately. It is not up to me to say where I found it out as any recording was not allowed at this school. This story is about tricking in facebook. One band of journalists created a faked page with news. Some of photos and texts were very provocative and a lot of people wrote to leaders. There was one man and he sent a message where he asked for a job. He was a...

YOU are the product

Posted July 27, 2014 Avatar Christopher Onoka

Avatar Christopher Onoka View Profile

http://www.monitoringsoftwareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/facebook.jpg

Source: http://www.monitoringsoftwareblog.com/wp-content/u...

Pertaining to my last post about the Internet

YOU are the product

Avatar Christopher Onoka View Profile

Source: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-XTwJC47xtMY/TxS-Qkskv_I/...

What matters to the youth in Sri Lanka

Posted July 27, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

This is a topic I have given a lot of time to ponder over, even before I was selected for the VOY internship. In fact, if one gives sufficient time and attention to the matter, one would find a spectrum of youth considerations that have found place among the Sri Lankan communities. I decided to sum up the whole gamut of things into one word: Rights. Over the years, even during the young days of my parents and much before that, the Sri Lankan youth have been very particular about...

Phenomenon Of Social Sites

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

Phenomenon of social sites has become one of the most important parts in the Internet environment and communicating technologies. Social sites have a big influnce on the lives of people. Due to Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein's social media (synonym to «socail sites») «create highly interactive platforms through which individuals and communities share, co-create, discuss, and modify user-generated content. It introduces substantial and pervasive changes to communication betw...