Mexicans. Not Aliens.

Published no picture Abdul Moiz Munir

no picture Abdul Moiz Munir

On October 10, 2012, just after 11:00 p.m., sixteen-year-old Jose Antonio Elena Rodriguez lay dead on a sidewalk just across the Mexican-Arizona border, after he had been shot seven times in the back by U.S. Border Patrol agents who had spotted the boy crossing the border. Rodriguez’s death serves as a metaphor for the contemporary prevalence of misunderstanding directed at undocumented Mexican immigrants. While some of these border crossers may in fact be involved in illegal activities, most...

The End Of Tunnel

Published Avatar Liv Brako-Hiapah , Student/ Blogger

Avatar Student/ Blogger
Liv Brako-Hiapah

Its sad to see, children begging on the streets Its sad to see, mothers sleeping on on the streets Its sad to see fathers jobless and broke Searching for a way out There seems to be none Some lose faith Some give up Some press on Not everyone makes it Its a cruel, cold world But dont give up You may be tired You may be weary You may be weak But there's always light at the end of the tunnel

The Light

Published no picture khushkool , khushkool

no picture khushkool
khushkool

It was always exclaimed, that She was the light of the house, She was the only reason which gave them reasons to smile, She was priceless, She was Daddy's little angel, Wrapping all the love around her, She held their hearts tight; But if she was so much..... Why was her childhood taken, her innocence killed, by the knot she was tied in. A knot which took her dreams, passion, Light away from her; loosing her identity, her charm, all she could owe was his surname.

Letter to the Class of 2020

Published no picture Jennifer Boyd , Founder and President of The Space Between the Notes; Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Onism Journal

no picture Founder and President of The Space Between the Notes; Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Onism Journal
Jennifer Boyd

We are born into a realm millions of miles above the earth. Our imaginations run rampant as we familiarize ourselves with comets, asteroids, and Orion’s belt. Star clusters and galaxies emit a brilliant glow against the onyx backdrop. Planets seem to dance in their orbits, ensconced in the light of a great star. At the nucleus of the solar system, we own a bird’s eye view of the world as we know it. Rapt in childlike wonder, we meander through space, flirting with gravity and t...

Today's Apocalypse

Published Avatar Reid T.

Avatar Reid T.

If you haven’t noticed, zombies have grown in popularity in the last decade. The enigma and horror behind the walking dead seems to entrance many, proof being the wide range of video games and movies that center around zombies, or more specifically, a zombie apocalypse. I am by no means a fan of zombies or anything in that genre, but nonetheless, here I am with a seemingly irrelevant post concerning zombies. Being a teenager, I see and hear things that have to do with zom...

Change for the Better?

Published no picture Kelley Yuan

no picture Kelley Yuan

Medical schools across the USA are changing the way students learn medicine. In 2013, the AMA (American Medical Association) launched the Accelerating Change in Medical Education Initiative, awarding grants to schools implementing bold, innovative proposals to bring medical teaching to the 21st century. However, with these new changes we risk losing the strengths of previous teaching methods. These upcoming changes should be applied extremely carefully, if not seriously reconsidere...

The Woman

Avatar Student/ Blogger
Liv Brako-Hiapah

The woman is to be loved The woman is to be protected The woman is to be seen as equal Not superior, not inferior But equal Equality means justice for all The woman faces many injustices Not just in the workplace But in the community too All this must come to and end Just like everything will come to an end

The Alluring Call of Simplicity

Published no picture Kaan Kabalak , English Literature Student

no picture English Literature Student
Kaan Kabalak

What is so irresistible about the popular culture of the United States of America? Why do individuals of different nations, nations which have a profound cultural background, let several aspects of American culture flow into their lives so easily? What makes a young English gentleman drink a hazelnut macchiato instead of 5 o’clock tea? What makes a French woman eat McDonalds instead of a meal from the very extensive French cuisine? What makes a hot dog more attractive than kebab...

Renewable Energy's Potential: Driving Growth in a New Policy Landscape

Published Avatar Maria,R Al , PWD & Social Development

Avatar PWD & Social Development
Maria,R Al

In December 2015, during the world Paris Climate Conference (COP21) countries around the world have been submitting their pledges to the United Unions (UN), demonstrating their intended contributions to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Besides to their potential economic benefits, renewable energy projects can assist in changing the traditional policies, particularly the environmental ones and it can be considered as a good opportunity to move away from the heavy reliance on...

VOY across the world