At the Climate Negotiations Table: More Women In, Oil Companies Out

Posted no picture Roy Joseph Roberto , Youth Ambassador of Goodwill, Ship for Southeast Asian and Japanese Youth Program

no picture Youth Ambassador of Goodwill, Ship for Southeast Asian and Japanese Youth Program
Roy Joseph Roberto

Climate change has undoubtedly become a global priority issue that threatens us all. However, for women and girls, especially those whose livelihood is largely dependent on natural resources—securing food and water, growing crops, and the like—the impact of a changing climate can only be more devastating. According to the United Nations, women are more likely to die than men when a disaster strikes. As in the case of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake, 70% of the death toll w...

Don't Live in The Past, Neither in The Future

Posted no picture Tiara Putri

no picture Tiara Putri

Several months ago, I had to deal with anxiety and was absorbed by many thoughts of it. Constantly, I reflected about the regrets of things that should have been done and should not have. I kept thinking about the past and distressing about the future. I blamed myself for being me, the me who has achieved nothing in her first two years of uni. At that time, I was messed up real bad and things got worse due to the lack support from my surroundings. I had no one to talk to, no one to...

Procrastination

Posted no picture Angela Vinot , Student.

no picture Student.
Angela Vinot

Hello there, I think that if you are reading this it is because you found the topic familiar or you have heard it before. But, do we really know the meaning of the word? According to the Cambridge dictionary, it means: The act of delaying something that must be done, often because it is unpleasant or boring. Now that we have the definition of the word, we realize that we all have done it at least once by leaving that big project or essay for the night before its due date or b...

WHAT GIRLS SHOULD WEAR?

Posted no picture Yeshna

no picture Yeshna

Just like every morning, I was scrolling down Facebook and reading the news when all of a sudden, among all the news on terrorism, politics, murder, an article on A boys' school tell women what to wear ,caught my attention. Can you believe it? Well ,let me tell you why I was red with anger. Can you see this picture above? The one with lots of tick and cross .The poster actually shows 16 pictures of women in a variety of outfits, and it is in fact a notice to women about what t...

In my educated opinion

Posted no picture Notsile Nkambule

no picture Notsile Nkambule

As a university graduate my biggest fear is being asked by a first year student about the bright future and life post graduation. It's not that I don't have answers, or that I happen to be shy but I can't stomach that sparkle of hope in their eyes dying with every word of my response. I know our paths as people are not carved out the same and the same applies to the blessings that life itself throws our way. I also know that I am a terrible liar who flinches and blinks way too much...

Tunisia's Next Step

Posted no picture Matthew Herskowitz , Mr.

no picture Mr.
Matthew Herskowitz

The Arab Spring redefined the meaning of a revolution in the 21st Century. In 2011, a crescendo of demonstrations and protests ranging from the subtlety of picket signs to the severity of mass killings plunged 16 nations into near chaos and social upheaval. All of them have been considered failures. Except one. Tunisia underwent its formal “Arab Spring” in December of 2010, when demonstrations and popular instability threatened to destroy the regime of’ Zine el-Abedin Ben A...

What it's Like to Live with a Rare Disease

Posted Avatar Onnolee Brown , College Student

Avatar College Student
Onnolee Brown

1 million people worldwide know how I feel. 1 in 6,000 newborns know it to. Before I was nine years old, I was a little girl running around, acting silly and then suddenly everything changed. When I started having "day dreams" and forgetting what had happened, and where I was, is when my parents knew something was up. So they had me tested, and during an EEG, I had one of those episodes, and right away the doctors knew it was seizures. I was diagnosed with Partial Complex Seizures,...

"We will give him a family"

Posted no picture Yeshna

no picture Yeshna

Dear President Obama, Remember the boy who was picked up by the ambulance in Syria? Can you please go get him and bring him to [my home]? Park in the driveway or on the street and we will be waiting for you guys with flags, flowers, and balloons. We will give him a family and he will be our brother. Catherine, my little sister, will be collecting butterflies and fireflies for him. In my school, I have a friend from Syria, Omar, and I will introduce him to Omar. We can all play...

The Shadows Stalking Society

Posted Avatar Richa Gupta , Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine

Avatar Founder and Editor-in-chief of Moledro Magazine
Richa Gupta

In a previous post of mine, I had written about the power of poetry in initiating social change. The third issue of my online literary magazine, Moledro Magazine, was released a week ago, on the theme ‘The Shadows Stalking Society’. Given my belief that poetry is an incredibly powerful vehicle to social and environmental change, I thought it necessary that the third issue contained a few poems and stories representative of this opinion. In this post, I’d like to share excer...

VOY across the world