http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6

DOWNLOAD How do children see their rights affected by digital media and tools? In July and August 2014, 148 children in 16 countries took part in workshops to discuss the opportunities and risks associated with digital media; these discussions – and the voices of the child participants of the workshops – are reflected in this report. Findings were presented at the Day of General Discussion, a meeting focusing on digital media and child rights that was convened by the Co...

Digital Media & Child Rights - 2014 Day of General Discussion

Posted September 11, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

How many children around the world use the internet and mobile phones? How are children using social media? What are the risks to children using digital tools? What are the opportunities for improving access to information and education? The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child tells the world the rights that ALL children have. But the Convention came about in 1989 - long before the internet became available to everyone; long before nearly everyone had a mobile phon...

Photography for storytelling

Posted August 21, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

I had the pleasure of attending an event organised by UNICEF Sri Lanka today. I did a photo-post earlier inviting enthusiasts to attend the event, themed #Photography for storytelling, which was in fact a continuation of the #Y4C (Youth for Children) Dialogue. The event featured a line-up of interesting speakers, passionate undertakers of the art of photography, who delivered remarks and personal stories on various aspects of photography. The event also highlighted a promo of t...

YOU are the product

Posted July 27, 2014 Avatar Christopher Onoka

Avatar Christopher Onoka View Profile

http://www.monitoringsoftwareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/facebook.jpg

Source: http://www.monitoringsoftwareblog.com/wp-content/u...

Pertaining to my last post about the Internet

Today I’ve chosen to write to you about technology, as it has been around us for some time already and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to fade away, even the contrary: continuous development is taking place. I would like to talk to you about the Internet of Things (IoT). It sounds like a network, most like the internet but with some extra features. Well, IoT is here and it is gaining its place in our lives, or in the lives of some of us. IoT is, indeed, more complex than...

Research Project: Rights of the Child for the Digital Age

Posted July 9, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

Something pretty important is happening on the 12th of September this year. The UN Committee for the Rights of the Child will meet in Geneva to discuss updating the Convention for the Rights of the Child for a digital age. The world has certainly changed a lot since the 1980′s, the decade throughout which the convention was first drafted! To assist the Committee in their deliberations, and to ensure that young people’s experiences can directly inform their discussion, we are curr...

Young People and the Internet

Posted July 1, 2014 no picture Kesia_Connect_Zambia

no picture Kesia_Connect_Zambia View Profile

My name is Kesia and I am 18 years old from Zambia. The internet - which includes Facebook, Google, twitter - plays the big part in the average youths everyday life. The internet has been received with many different opinions. Some have welcomed it with open arms but in some extreme cases it is declared evil. A wise man once said "a knife in the hands of a chef can be used to prepare a meal but the same knife in the hands of the murderer will be used to take a life." This saying...

Call for Submissions: Digitally Connect With Us!

Posted July 1, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

We all know that the Internet, digital media, and social networks have changed the way we learn, interact, and create change. Now it’s time for you(th) to set the conversation and share their experiences. The Youth and Media Team at theBerkman Center for Internet & Society and Voices of Youth are creating a forum for youth to get their voices heard about their online experience. The best creative pieces (essays, drawings, paintings, collages, infographics, comi...

STOP BULLYING!!!

Posted June 27, 2014 no picture Sarah Grace

no picture Sarah Grace View Profile

Hey everyone! I'm Grace and im new here. I am 13 years old and turning 14 this August. I am from Indonesia. Well I hate bullying so much. Why should they do that? What's the purpose of it? To try and be popular? Seriously guys?! Do you have another positive thing to make you famous at school or wherever you are? And you guys who get bullied or whatever someone did to you, i have some suggestions for you all. You need to: -Believe in God : I'm sorry, I am Christian so I beli...