Do you suffer from Disconnect Anxiety?

Posted Avatar Nala Cheng

Avatar Nala Cheng View Profile

Hi, I'm Nala Cheng, a high school student from Taiwan. This is my very first post on this website, so if there's anything that's not good enough, please feel free to tell me! For this very first post, I'd like to talk about Disconnect Anxiety. Do you suffer from Disconnect Anxiety? Disconnect anxiety is a feeling of discomfort that occurs when a heavy smartphone user can not access the online world. In the modern society, millions of people are now suffering from it. Here in...

The Brighter Side of Social Media

Posted no picture Sarah

no picture Sarah View Profile

These days with technology, many people come quick to criticize the use of social media, saying that it provokes social pressure to fit in. Many also argue that social media distracts people from being productive, resulting to a less productive generation. While these problems do exist within our generation, it is important to note that they aren't always present 100% of the time. In fact, social media is the cause to good things too. Take the Egyptian Revolution as an example. Egypt back at 20...

INTERNET SAFETY AND PROTECTION

Posted no picture Gabriel

no picture Gabriel View Profile

The Internet can be a wonderful resource for children. They can use it to research school reports, communicate with teachers and other kids, and play interactive games. Children who are old enough to punch in a few letters on the keyboard can literally access the world - but that access can also pose hazards. When it comes to protecting children’s rights online, businesses must collaborate with other actors including governments, parents and policy makers, to take the necessary...

http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6

DOWNLOAD How do children see their rights affected by digital media and tools? In July and August 2014, 148 children in 16 countries took part in workshops to discuss the opportunities and risks associated with digital media; these discussions – and the voices of the child participants of the workshops – are reflected in this report. Findings were presented at the Day of General Discussion, a meeting focusing on digital media and child rights that was convened by the Co...

How many children around the world use the internet and mobile phones? How are children using social media? What are the risks to children using digital tools? What are the opportunities for improving access to information and education? The UN Convention on the Rights of the Child tells the world the rights that ALL children have. But the Convention came about in 1989 - long before the internet became available to everyone; long before nearly everyone had a mobile phon...

Photography for storytelling

Posted Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

I had the pleasure of attending an event organised by UNICEF Sri Lanka today. I did a photo-post earlier inviting enthusiasts to attend the event, themed #Photography for storytelling, which was in fact a continuation of the #Y4C (Youth for Children) Dialogue. The event featured a line-up of interesting speakers, passionate undertakers of the art of photography, who delivered remarks and personal stories on various aspects of photography. The event also highlighted a promo of t...

YOU are the product

Posted Avatar Christopher Onoka

Avatar Christopher Onoka View Profile

http://www.monitoringsoftwareblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/facebook.jpg

Source: http://www.monitoringsoftwareblog.com/wp-content/u...

Pertaining to my last post about the Internet

Today I’ve chosen to write to you about technology, as it has been around us for some time already and it doesn’t seem like it’s going to fade away, even the contrary: continuous development is taking place. I would like to talk to you about the Internet of Things (IoT). It sounds like a network, most like the internet but with some extra features. Well, IoT is here and it is gaining its place in our lives, or in the lives of some of us. IoT is, indeed, more complex than...

Something pretty important is happening on the 12th of September this year. The UN Committee for the Rights of the Child will meet in Geneva to discuss updating the Convention for the Rights of the Child for a digital age. The world has certainly changed a lot since the 1980′s, the decade throughout which the convention was first drafted! To assist the Committee in their deliberations, and to ensure that young people’s experiences can directly inform their discussion, we are curr...