Don't Abuse Me! Use Me!

Posted July 15, 2014 no picture chilufya_connect_zambia

no picture chilufya_connect_zambia View Profile

A Child is a person below the legal age of 18 years, as stipulated by the laws of Zambia. By virtue of been human children are entitled to rights which are known as child rights. It is unfortunate that despite Zambia been a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), the majority of the Zambian children suffer from various socio-economic challenges, such as increasing household poverty, child labour, child trafficking, early marriages HIV/AIDS,...

The right to express yourself

Posted July 13, 2014 no picture Natashachileshe_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture Natashachileshe_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

Everyone has the right to express his or herself. Break the chain and stand up for your right when it is violated. Actively and assertively participate in raising awareness to issues affecting the global community.

Knowledge

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The value of the knowledge gained is in its use. It is not business as usual, we do not need to take anything for granted, we ought to be serious, meditate, ponder and act upon the knowledge gained. The acquisition of knowledge does not have end in itself, it is infinite. Let's keep on enriching our minds and be a part of Voices of Youth.

The Role of Language in Multi-lingual societies

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture Chela_educonnect_Zambia

no picture Chela_educonnect_Zambia View Profile

Language is the lifeblood of politics, political power struggles, and the legitimization of political policies and authorities occurs primarily through discourse and verbal representations. Political language, Barsamian (1992:7) points out that “The Language of Politics conveys both the linguistic meaning of what is said and the corpus, or a part of it, of the political beliefs underpinning any given statement. Largely unable, and hopefully unwilling, to coerce; political authori...

All will be fine

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture Chumya_Educator_Zambia

no picture Chumya_Educator_Zambia View Profile

Wherever you are, whatever it takes, no matter the distance, I know that one day you will get there. Today, you may fall several times and the chances of rising again seems hallow but believe you me, all will be fine in the end because the strife will not be long. The fruits of perseverance are actually more enjoyable because of the challenges one would overcome. And of course once you have achieved that goal, you probably would say "Yes I did it!" Finally, never get tired of...

Let there be ICTs for all

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture RachealNakamba_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture RachealNakamba_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

What impact do social networking sites like Facebook have on our lives? Some might say there are more advantages compared to disadvantages. However, as it changes our lives, it is more social and personal and does not add much impact on our development. Instead we should focus on platforms like Voices of Youth and Connect where real issues are discussed that affect each and every individual. Solutions can be arrived at and young people get to experience the real issues in the w...

Why are girls doing bad in science and mathematics?

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture KennedyMweetwa_educonnect_Zambia

no picture KennedyMweetwa_educonnect_Zambia View Profile

Girls and young women today are pretty familiar with computers and the Internet, and it may seem like they don't need encouragement anymore. But, to keep girls interested in science and mathematics, as well as believing they have something to contribute to areas like technology, hardware and software development, scientific research, and many other areas of technology, is still an important task. So I'm updating the site as much as possible right now. It will still seem a bit behind the times in...

Why We Should Practice Safe Sex

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture LeahPhiri_EduConnect_zambia

no picture LeahPhiri_EduConnect_zambia View Profile

The coming of technology has seen both good and bad vice in our societies. Youth are enganging in sexual activities without considering the implications. Those who are still in school and have failed to keep their sexual desires in perspective have ways of practicing safe sex. The best option is to use condoms. Safe sex reduces unplanned pregnancies and reduces infections such as HIV and AIDS which would ruin one's life. THE BEST PRACTICE IS ABSTINENCE.

Re-entry Policy is Under Review in Zambia

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture GilsonTembo_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture GilsonTembo_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

As an educator I have observed both advantages and disadvantages of the re-entry policy. However, there are more disadvantages than advantages. Well, the main advantage is the girl child getting back to class. Their performance will be affected, and the main disadvantage is that she may become pregnant at a very tender age followed by complications during delivery. Unfortunately she may even be infected with HIV & AIDS.........….. Whats the way to move forward for our chi...