Education!

Posted August 4, 2014 no picture Julies_Connect_Zambia

no picture Julies_Connect_Zambia View Profile

We know education is a form of learning in which knowledge and skills of people are passed on generation after generation through teaching or even research. Why must many youths be limited when it comes to education? Is it the lack of learning institutions in many countries? Or the fact that many youths do not have the self drive/ motivation and desire to be educated? Nelson Mandela once said "education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" so as...

My treasured tree

Posted August 2, 2014 no picture Jonathan_connect_zambia

no picture Jonathan_connect_zambia View Profile

Prayer being offered by a tree: ''those who pass by hear me. I am the bed you sleep on am the firewood you use for cooking am the support of your house aren't you tired of using me spare me now'' hear the cry of the trees let us not cut down trees!"

From my own observations, the majority of people in my country (Zambia) do not really connect with issues whose effects are not instant. Climate change is inclusive! For as long as climate change effects are not directly affecting them, a greater part of the Zambian population gives a blind eye and a deaf ear to issues of climate change. However, many others among them, feel connected to climate related issues once they directly affect them. A practical example that may have pushed people to po...

Don't Abuse Me! Use Me!

Posted July 15, 2014 no picture chilufya_connect_zambia

no picture chilufya_connect_zambia View Profile

A Child is a person below the legal age of 18 years, as stipulated by the laws of Zambia. By virtue of been human children are entitled to rights which are known as child rights. It is unfortunate that despite Zambia been a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), the majority of the Zambian children suffer from various socio-economic challenges, such as increasing household poverty, child labour, child trafficking, early marriages HIV/AIDS,...

The right to express yourself

Posted July 13, 2014 no picture Natashachileshe_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture Natashachileshe_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

Everyone has the right to express his or herself. Break the chain and stand up for your right when it is violated. Actively and assertively participate in raising awareness to issues affecting the global community.

Knowledge

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The value of the knowledge gained is in its use. It is not business as usual, we do not need to take anything for granted, we ought to be serious, meditate, ponder and act upon the knowledge gained. The acquisition of knowledge does not have end in itself, it is infinite. Let's keep on enriching our minds and be a part of Voices of Youth.

The Role of Language in Multi-lingual societies

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture Chela_educonnect_Zambia

no picture Chela_educonnect_Zambia View Profile

Language is the lifeblood of politics, political power struggles, and the legitimization of political policies and authorities occurs primarily through discourse and verbal representations. Political language, Barsamian (1992:7) points out that “The Language of Politics conveys both the linguistic meaning of what is said and the corpus, or a part of it, of the political beliefs underpinning any given statement. Largely unable, and hopefully unwilling, to coerce; political authori...

All will be fine

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture Chumya_Educator_Zambia

no picture Chumya_Educator_Zambia View Profile

Wherever you are, whatever it takes, no matter the distance, I know that one day you will get there. Today, you may fall several times and the chances of rising again seems hallow but believe you me, all will be fine in the end because the strife will not be long. The fruits of perseverance are actually more enjoyable because of the challenges one would overcome. And of course once you have achieved that goal, you probably would say "Yes I did it!" Finally, never get tired of...

Let there be ICTs for all

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture RachealNakamba_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture RachealNakamba_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

What impact do social networking sites like Facebook have on our lives? Some might say there are more advantages compared to disadvantages. However, as it changes our lives, it is more social and personal and does not add much impact on our development. Instead we should focus on platforms like Voices of Youth and Connect where real issues are discussed that affect each and every individual. Solutions can be arrived at and young people get to experience the real issues in the w...