Tech Girls Reporting on Sanitation in Their School

Posted April 14, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

Watch Tech Girls from Pong Tamale M/A primary in a video report about the sanitation in their school.

What are the causes of the increase in prostitution rates in Kabwe?

Posted April 12, 2014 no picture Mujyinja_Connect_Zambia

no picture Mujyinja_Connect_Zambia View Profile

Prostitution as a whole has become a serious draw back in the development of the country; this is because most of the men and women are practicing it instead of taking part in developmental projects. Prostitution is as a result of the following reasons like; pleasure, curiosity, ignorance and so on. Envy has greatly contributed in a way that people engage themselves in prostitution because they want to have the things that other people have. Sensitization can also help reduce the r...

Sanitation and Humanity

Posted April 11, 2014 no picture Fredrick -Connect- Zambia

no picture Fredrick -Connect- Zambia View Profile

Water and sanitation are simply the care of water systems, be it water systems in homes or river systems. Zambia is a country rich in terms of water systems, but unfortunately Zambia has had cases of poor water sanitation. This article will also discuss the causes, effects and solutions of poor water sanitation. Poor water sanitation is brought about mainly by illiteracy and rural-urban migration. In Zambia, there are high levels of illiteracy. Most people tend to throw waste...

Who is the victim in cyber bullying?

Posted April 11, 2014 no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA

no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA View Profile

Who's the victim: the bully who was once bullied or you who are being bullied? Lately the number of bullying has increased mainly in schools and community's here in KITWE because those who are being bullied are in turn bullying others. An example is in a schools were a child who has been bullied will put his anger and frustration out on someone else on a social media platform like Facebook, Twitter and GTalk becoming a cyber bully and the chain is made. The effect of cyber bull...

Greening the Grey in Kwacha Community

Posted April 10, 2014 Avatar Emmanuel_Connect_Zambia

Avatar Emmanuel_Connect_Zambia View Profile

Chipembele is a club at Mitanto Secondary school in Kitwe, Zambia. It discusses more about the environment, like how to keep it clean and safe. It also works in collaboration with NGOs like UNICEF in Zambia. With the help of UNICEF, our club has contributed to the development of our community through sensitization in schools. We do exercises like tree planting which contributes to the maintainance of nature through oxygen production and provisioning of services like oxygen and be...

Quest for Internet Access at Luanshya Secondary School

Posted April 8, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The internet has become part of our everyday life because of its ease access and diversity. Today, pupils from Luanshya Boys Secondary School on the Copperbelt Province of Zambia took part in a training on Connect. The training was blended with sessions on how to avoid plagiarism, re-blogs, and ways of creating a realist, achiveable and time-bound action-plan. The school received a router to enhance easy internet access to the pupils. This was done in a quest to assist pupils to sh...

Zambia's deforestation problem

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture MATHEWS BANDA

no picture MATHEWS BANDA View Profile

The amount of rainfall largely depends on the development of the Inter- Tropical Convergence zone (ITCZ) over Africa. Here in Zambia the poor earn their living on farming and if the ITCZ shifts away from the country, it means, therefore that there will be little or no rainfall at all hence, there will be droughts. Other causes of droughts in Zambia are deforestation and the cutting down of trees. To ensure that there is a stable water table in Zambia we should avoid the cutting dow...

Changing the role of pollutants

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture JESSY MWANDWE

no picture JESSY MWANDWE View Profile

The combustion of wood, oil and coal results in increased levels of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide acts as a greenhouse gas because it lets natural light in through but traps out on going long-level radiation. The consequence is that increased levels of carbon dioxide are slowly making the earth warmer causing climate change. Greenhouse gases can cause depletion of the ozone layer which protects humans from cancer of the skin. It also reduces...

Improper Mindset about HIV

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture NORAH KAFULA

no picture NORAH KAFULA View Profile

HIV is a virus that causes AIDS. A person can contract AIDS by having unprotected sex with an infected person, they can also spread the virus by sharing needles and through blood transfusions. Although people are aware of the disease, they still pretend to be ignorant and have the mind-set of "I cannot die alone" hence they go around having sex with the view of infecting more people. In my opinion people who behave like this should be taught the dangers of the HIV/AIDS factor and s...