First World Education

Published no picture Zahra Biabani

no picture Zahra Biabani

It's the Sunday night before the end of Spring break and all over your twitter feed the tweet "can't wait to go back to prison tomorrow", or "I would rather die than go to school", or "I hate school so much", is popping up. I get it- school can be stressful, people can be bullies, and it might be a dirty place filled with germs. But every time I find myself complaining about the mysterious red stain on the lunchroom chair, or the putrid smell from the upstairs hallways, I think...

Girls and Education is everywhere!

Published Avatar Francisca Lily

Avatar Francisca Lily

Since learning Amharic (here and there) I had begun listening to Amharic music. I stumbled across this song called 'Taitu'. I listened to the song non-stop for a few days. I sort of gathered by the English subtitles about educating girls and my heart leapt for joy! My favourite topic in a song! As soon as I saw my classmate who has been teaching me Amharic I immediately got out my earphones and played her the song. She told me that the song was about allowing girls to access ed...

The Eco Auger

Published Avatar Kevin.J.A.Johnson_UNSLCD_NewJersey_USA

Avatar Kevin.J.A.Johnson_UNSLCD_NewJersey_USA

One and a half billion people, that's right, billion with a b, people lack access to electricity. In this day and age that seems almost impossible, I mean this is the 21st century, people without electricity sounds as preposterous as ISIS sending President Obama a gift basket and flowers on his birthday. As the WHO explains, “For those living in extreme poverty, a lack of access to energy services dramatically affects and undermines health, limits opportunities for educati...

Child Gauge Book Launch

Published no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/se...

Young Reporters from Aganang FM and Alex FM recently attended the Child Gauge Book Lauch in Pretoria South Africa. Amongst the distinguished guests they interviewed were Social Development Minister Bathabile Dlamini,Mbuyiselo Bothafrom Sonke Gender Justice and Nadi Albino from UNICEF to mention just a few. They spoke to them about violence and the role of government in the fight against violence against children.

Powerful Young Leaders Interview: Baroness Lindsay Northover

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/po...

The Powerful Young Leaders from Mams FM got an amazing opportunity to interview Baroness Lindsay Northover from the UK. Baroness Northover is the UK Parliamentary Under Secretary of State, the chief representative for the Department for International Development, and a member of the House of Lords. Charity and Made spoke to her about her interest in South African youth and the role that youth should play in society.

Audio commentary on Eye Health Care

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: https://soundcloud.com/newcastle-young-reporters/e...

An audio commentary by Siphamandla Mbatha, a young reporter from Newcastle sharing his story as a visually impaired individual. Disclaimer: This audio commentary is not in English.

Advocates of change: e-kasi

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

The Bigger than life team had an interview with a known newspaper in South Africa – the Daily Sun - in recognition of awareness about issues affecting the community in Alexandra, South Africa. "'we are legends of change''

Let's fight together to conquer Ebola

Published no picture Salem_Connect_Zambia

no picture Salem_Connect_Zambia

Every morning someone somewhere suffers the loss of a loved one. One of the main killers of these people is Ebola. Many children have been left orphans, and this has caused a very big hindrance in the in the lives of the these children. According to the World Health Organisation (WHO) 13,500 Ebola cases have been recorded. It has been estimated that the cases might reach 20,000 by the end of November 2014. This has pushed me to participate in the spreading of the symptoms of the...

AWARENESS ON HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: https://soundcloud.com/alex-fm-young-reporters/big...

MBALI WAS INTERVIEWING ONE OF THE RESIDENTS OF ALEXANDRA TOWNSHIP SOUTH AFRICA CONCERNING THE PLACE THEY LIVE IN BASED ON WATER AND SANITATION