THE IMPORTANCE OF EDUCATION

Published no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: https://soundcloud.com/alex-fm-young-reporters/big...

THE YOUTH IN ALEXANDRA TOWNSHIP WERE ADDRESSING CHALLENGES ABOUT EDUCATION

A womens celebration in alexander

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: https://soundcloud.com/alex-fm-young-reporters/wom...

ISSUES AFFECTING WOMEN IN OUR COMMUNITY OF ALEXANDER IN SOUTH AFRICA

http://imgur.com/h6PAQWu.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/h6PAQWu

We travelled to the Ahangaran Valley in the Bamyan province of central Afghanistan to work with local children as they produced videos about their school, their lives and their dreams for the future. Bamyan made headlines back in 2001 when the Taliban destroyed the ancient Bamyan Buddha statues that had been etched into mountainsides. For more than 1,500 years, pilgrims from across Asia had set up camp near the Buddha statues and the huge caves beneath them. Now, only the c...

Holiday Activities

Published no picture Herico_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Herico_Connecte_Madagascar

The school holidays start from June 26th (national holiday) and end at the end of September. Our team took advantages of the holidays to plant trees and to take care of coconuts trees at the seaside. Coconut trees grow easily at the seaside; they protect shorelines against erosion, slow violent wind and can become a source of money too. We saw beautiful beaches on the internet and still coconut trees are always seen around. After 4-7 years of growth, coconut trees are able to give...

Antseranampontsy Maroantsetra

Published no picture Arlin_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Arlin_Connecte_Madagascar

Literally Antseranampontsy means banana’s port. Bananas come from the countryside and arrive in Maroantsetra at Antseranampotsy. Before, marketers of bananas were traders of yams but because the latter begin to be scarce so, the people sell banana. There are 5-10 canoes per day arriving at Maroantsetra to bring bananas. Now banana production decline because there is also banana diseases. Disease may come from climate change. Farmers do not usually maintain the plantations of ba...

The fight: a traditional sport of Maroantsetra

Published Avatar Marc_Connecte_Madagascar

Avatar Marc_Connecte_Madagascar

The fight or "moraingy" is a Malagasy traditional sport like Kung Fu in China. Many countries around the world practice this sport but perhaps there are specificities for Maroantsetra. It consists in a fight between two people. The fight takes place in three rounds. The one who is the strongest during these three rounds wins the fight. Each participant earns a cash bonus. The one who manages to K.O the opponent is awarded. One or two referees judge the fight. So far, there are no...

Transport Maroantsetra

Published Avatar Eraldo_Connecte_Madagascar

Avatar Eraldo_Connecte_Madagascar

In Maroantsetra, the main roads of the inhabitants are the waterway. The villages are connected by waterways. Therefore, water plays a very important role in the economy. Yet people practice shifting cultivation or Tavy and damage much of the primary forest. When the forest begins to disappear, sand and sludge discharge into waterways. Tree roots have set them before. The rain also becomes irregular. One can even say that the cause of the climate change comes from the slash and b...

Carpentry in Maroantsetra

Published no picture Bevelo_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Bevelo_Connecte_Madagascar

Maroantsetra is a city surrounded by primary forest. The inhabitants of Maroantsetra depend a lot on the trees. Daily activities need wood: house construction, canoe wood, firewood, furniture. No other raw material can replace trees for daily activities in Maroantsetra. For our research, we visited carpentries workshops. We met some people who have worked with wood for over 20 years. They told us that the price of wood begins to rise. The woods for carpentry begin to be scarce....