Re-entry Policy is Under Review in Zambia

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture GilsonTembo_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture GilsonTembo_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

As an educator I have observed both advantages and disadvantages of the re-entry policy. However, there are more disadvantages than advantages. Well, the main advantage is the girl child getting back to class. Their performance will be affected, and the main disadvantage is that she may become pregnant at a very tender age followed by complications during delivery. Unfortunately she may even be infected with HIV & AIDS.........….. Whats the way to move forward for our chi...

Girl Child

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

COULD THIS BE TRUE...!! Too much emphasis on the Girl Child makes her more vulnerable to danger.

Root Of Delinquency in Public Schools

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture Love_Educonnect_Zambia

no picture Love_Educonnect_Zambia View Profile

Are teachers responsible for pupils delinquency in public schools (government schools)?

Why should we suffer?

Posted July 7, 2014 no picture Elijah_Youth_Zambia

no picture Elijah_Youth_Zambia View Profile

My names are Elijah Lufunda from Zambia.It is very touching to find a school boy/girl walking in the streets while wearing a school uniform & when you ask them why they are not in school they answer you like "I have been chased out of school because I have not paid school fees". Now the question is why would some one chase a boy/girl out of school because of school fees as if he/she (boy/girl) pays for himself/herself? Would you do that to your son or your daughter?

Ignoring the environment is burning our own future!

Posted July 5, 2014 no picture Masauso_Connect_Zambia

no picture Masauso_Connect_Zambia View Profile

About 10 years ago, I remember myself in a classroom full of small boys and girls. I vividly remember my environmental science teacher, a Mrs. Mutale, she always teased us to plant trees as small as ourselves. So that when the trees grow big like her, they are used to make all the small things that were in our classroom, starting from the small desks that we sat on, the small chalk board in front of us, the small books and pencils, including our small uniforms that we wore. Without even botherin...

PMNCH Partners' Forum Youth Zone, Welcome Address & Press Conference

Posted June 30, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

"If you like something there is a seed and there are no seeds without fruit. So if you like something, investigate it and let it grow" - Zizipho Ndevu (CRF youth journalist) sharing her thoughts from this morning's sessions. This morning we've had the opportunity to engage with some of the key forum speakers and sit in the presence of Graca Machel (PMNCH Chair), Cyril Ramaphosa (SA Deputy President), Margret Chan (Director- General WHO) and Amina Mohammed (UN Special Advisor on...

Do you think school violence is becoming a problem?

Posted June 23, 2014 no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA

no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA View Profile
There have been quite a lot relating to this problem in news. It is shocking to hear about incidents of cyberbullying, killing, injuring or rape attempts in schools. But what is the reason behind such incidences? Why they are increasing day by day?

Source: http://www.nssc1.org/school-violence-problem.html

If you watch news channels quite often, then it is sure you must have heard a lot about school violence. There have been quite a lot relating to this problem in news. It is shocking to hear about incidents of cyberbullying, killing, injuring or rape attempts in schools. But what is the reason behind such incidences? Why they are increasing day by day? The answer to above question lies with the people who are living around the students. They include parents, school friends, teachers and society...

Save Lemurs

Posted June 21, 2014 Avatar

A movie about lemurs in Madagascar was recently made. I was astonished to find out from people overseas who share their interest for these cute primates. Indeed, an American primatologist does fight for the conservation of their habitat. Thus, I was wondering why Malagasy did not act the same way. The answer is that we have a terrible dilemma: should we protect the lemurs or should we give families a chance to live? On one hand, Malagasy families live under the exploitation...

The Problem of Child Work in Bandundu

Posted June 18, 2014 Avatar Pona Bana

Avatar Pona Bana View Profile

Following the World Day Against Child Labour, Deo, a Young Reporter from Bandundu, raises his voice against the economic exploitation of school-aged children in his hometown. Today I am going to talk to you about the economic exploitation of children in the city of Bandundu. This violation of children’s rights is widespread, to the extent that it is readily accepted by the population of the city of Bandundu, when in reality it is something to be vigorously condemned. The ec...