Quest for Internet Access at Luanshya Secondary School

Posted April 8, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The internet has become part of our everyday life because of its ease access and diversity. Today, pupils from Luanshya Boys Secondary School on the Copperbelt Province of Zambia took part in a training on Connect. The training was blended with sessions on how to avoid plagiarism, re-blogs, and ways of creating a realist, achiveable and time-bound action-plan. The school received a router to enhance easy internet access to the pupils. This was done in a quest to assist pupils to sh...

Zambia's deforestation problem

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture MATHEWS BANDA

no picture MATHEWS BANDA View Profile

The amount of rainfall largely depends on the development of the Inter- Tropical Convergence zone (ITCZ) over Africa. Here in Zambia the poor earn their living on farming and if the ITCZ shifts away from the country, it means, therefore that there will be little or no rainfall at all hence, there will be droughts. Other causes of droughts in Zambia are deforestation and the cutting down of trees. To ensure that there is a stable water table in Zambia we should avoid the cutting dow...

Changing the role of pollutants

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture JESSY MWANDWE

no picture JESSY MWANDWE View Profile

The combustion of wood, oil and coal results in increased levels of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide acts as a greenhouse gas because it lets natural light in through but traps out on going long-level radiation. The consequence is that increased levels of carbon dioxide are slowly making the earth warmer causing climate change. Greenhouse gases can cause depletion of the ozone layer which protects humans from cancer of the skin. It also reduces...

Improper Mindset about HIV

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture NORAH KAFULA

no picture NORAH KAFULA View Profile

HIV is a virus that causes AIDS. A person can contract AIDS by having unprotected sex with an infected person, they can also spread the virus by sharing needles and through blood transfusions. Although people are aware of the disease, they still pretend to be ignorant and have the mind-set of "I cannot die alone" hence they go around having sex with the view of infecting more people. In my opinion people who behave like this should be taught the dangers of the HIV/AIDS factor and s...

Let's treat this

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture Isaac_connect_zambia

no picture Isaac_connect_zambia View Profile

The definition for HIV is human immune deficiency virus and AIDS is acquired immune deficiency syndrome. The difference between the two is that HIV is a virus while AIDS is a condition. A person can be infected with HIV by having unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected person. Circumcision may also be a risk if they use the same blade that has been used by an infected person with HIV. HIV/AIDS REDUCES ones energy and weakens the immune system of the body and hence the abili...

An Opportunity to excel

Posted April 2, 2014 no picture Pontso SA

no picture Pontso SA View Profile
Age category winners - a scholarship with $25, 000 for each winners education costs along with many other prices

Source: http://www.fundsforngos.org/cambodia/students-1318...

Dear VOY The minute I saw this I thought of you young people as an opportunity to showcase your abilities and be rewarded, it is open for all young people around the world so please grab it and shine. Best of luck.

Causes of a disease that can never be cured

Posted April 1, 2014 no picture julie mulenga

no picture julie mulenga View Profile

Causes of a disease that can never be cured Experience is a school where a man learns what a big fool he has been. During this year’s Youth Day, I had an opportunity to look at the causes of HIV/AIDS. One of the causes is that some youth have the tendency of practicing whatever is done by others. Secondly, I found that others lack support and as a result they tend to go for prostitution which can be the cause. However, youth like girls admire things which they cannot afford....

How to keep children safe in a 24\7 digital world

Posted March 31, 2014 no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA

no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA View Profile

Technology makes it so easy for kids to connect and share things with friends and family no matter where they are. But these connections can come with a huge cost if kids aren’t careful. Learning to protect personal identity information, creating strong passwords, and being cautious when downloading programs and files are crucial to the safety and security of the digital devices kids use, as well as the information those devices store. Otherwise, kids can expose themselves and th...

Climate Change and Child-led

Posted March 30, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

The Zambian economy is predominantly based on the exploitation of the country's natural resources. The adverse effects of climate conditions to which the country is overtly exposed to affects these resources. Climate-induced changes to physical and biological systems are already being felt and exerting considerable stress on the country's vulnerable sectors. Already, the country's sensitive sectors - agriculture and food security, wildlife, forestry, water and energy, and human health have been...