Improper Mindset about HIV

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture NORAH KAFULA

no picture NORAH KAFULA View Profile

HIV is a virus that causes AIDS. A person can contract AIDS by having unprotected sex with an infected person, they can also spread the virus by sharing needles and through blood transfusions. Although people are aware of the disease, they still pretend to be ignorant and have the mind-set of "I cannot die alone" hence they go around having sex with the view of infecting more people. In my opinion people who behave like this should be taught the dangers of the HIV/AIDS factor and s...

Let's treat this

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture Isaac_connect_zambia

no picture Isaac_connect_zambia View Profile

The definition for HIV is human immune deficiency virus and AIDS is acquired immune deficiency syndrome. The difference between the two is that HIV is a virus while AIDS is a condition. A person can be infected with HIV by having unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected person. Circumcision may also be a risk if they use the same blade that has been used by an infected person with HIV. HIV/AIDS REDUCES ones energy and weakens the immune system of the body and hence the abili...

An Opportunity to excel

Posted April 2, 2014 no picture Pontso SA

no picture Pontso SA View Profile
Age category winners - a scholarship with $25, 000 for each winners education costs along with many other prices

Source: http://www.fundsforngos.org/cambodia/students-1318...

Dear VOY The minute I saw this I thought of you young people as an opportunity to showcase your abilities and be rewarded, it is open for all young people around the world so please grab it and shine. Best of luck.

Causes of a disease that can never be cured

Posted April 1, 2014 no picture julie mulenga

no picture julie mulenga View Profile

Causes of a disease that can never be cured Experience is a school where a man learns what a big fool he has been. During this year’s Youth Day, I had an opportunity to look at the causes of HIV/AIDS. One of the causes is that some youth have the tendency of practicing whatever is done by others. Secondly, I found that others lack support and as a result they tend to go for prostitution which can be the cause. However, youth like girls admire things which they cannot afford....

How to keep children safe in a 24\7 digital world

Posted March 31, 2014 no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA

no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA View Profile

Technology makes it so easy for kids to connect and share things with friends and family no matter where they are. But these connections can come with a huge cost if kids aren’t careful. Learning to protect personal identity information, creating strong passwords, and being cautious when downloading programs and files are crucial to the safety and security of the digital devices kids use, as well as the information those devices store. Otherwise, kids can expose themselves and th...

Climate Change and Child-led

Posted March 30, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The Zambian economy is predominantly based on the exploitation of the country's natural resources. The adverse effects of climate conditions to which the country is overtly exposed to affects these resources. Climate-induced changes to physical and biological systems are already being felt and exerting considerable stress on the country's vulnerable sectors. Already, the country's sensitive sectors - agriculture and food security, wildlife, forestry, water and energy, and human health have been...

We all need inclusive education

Posted March 29, 2014 no picture Umenjoh

no picture Umenjoh View Profile

Around the world, we see how people contribute to the development of their societies. There is no society which is stagnant since from creation and there is no society which can really move on when there is an imbalance in development. Disability around the world has sparked much fire into the eyes of many organizations and governments. From the UN fact sheet in 2006, 25% of the world’s population is affected by disability, 70% of people living with disability are in developing...

Let's talk about health access

Posted March 28, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

We are a group of 10 girls in Yilonayili Anglican Primary School. Yilonayili is a village under the Sagnarigu District in Northern Ghana. Our community faces a lot of challenges but the most important one the Tech Girls wishes to talk about is the lack of health facilities in the community. Our community is about 10 miles from Tamale where the nearest health facility can be accessed. Due to the distance from Yilonaayili village to Tamale, we normally lose our friends, mothers,...

ICT training for Tech Girls

Posted March 26, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

Kplinyin is a community under kumbungu District in the Northern region of Ghana. Children in Kplinyin Primary school faces a lot of challenges in learning at school but the most prominent one is the lack of a computer laboratory. We the Tech Girls in the Kplinyin primary School have learnt a lot with regard to ICT training in the Savana Signatures project and have seen the need for ICT education for all children. Some of the programmes we have learnt are Microsoft word, Micro...