A Woman's Journey

Posted September 3, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

Source: http://bit.ly/1AfG6Ae

From a rural South African childhood, through family challenges to becoming a social entrepreneur and role model to many. Lillian Masebenza is a woman who celebrates her experience and shares her expertise. She also reminds us that South Africa's freedom was nursed by a generation of women who stood united. She shares her story with the Radio Workshop in celebration of Women's Day.

Safe Travels

Source: http://bit.ly/1xm0SSR

For Zahni, safety means being able to walk around without having to be watched by adults. She feels safe at school, but not at malls and busy places. Zahni recounts a time getting off the train in Pinelands station in Cape Town, when all didn't go as planned.

Challenged by fear of the unkown

Posted September 1, 2014 no picture Moonga

no picture Moonga View Profile

Your name: Brighton Mukupa Kaoma Your age: 20 Where are you originally from and where do you currently live? I’m born and bred Zambian, grew up in the mining town of Kitwe, and currently living in Lusaka which is the capital city of Zambia. According your business card – what is your job title? I am a UNICEF Youth Ambassador and currently serving as Zambia In-Country Coordinator for the Voices of Youth Connect-a UNICEF global network for in-school and out-of-sch...

Zambian Chidren's Climate Conference 7 underway

Posted August 27, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The Zambian Children's Climate Conference 7 (ZCCC7) training of trainers kicked off yesterday in Zambia's Capital, Lusaka, with 50 child climate ambassadors drown from all the 10 provinces of Zambia taking part. The conference aims at building and grooming a new generation of youth ethical and visionary leaders from different social backgrounds, bringing them together to share ideas, identify ,and devise solution to the most pressing environmental issues in their respective communi...

Can People Change

Posted August 27, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: http://bit.ly/1uDgOKM

The Siviwe Youth reporters in Cape town, share their views and personal testimonies on whether or not people can change.

Education!

Posted August 4, 2014 no picture Julies_Connect_Zambia

no picture Julies_Connect_Zambia View Profile

We know education is a form of learning in which knowledge and skills of people are passed on generation after generation through teaching or even research. Why must many youths be limited when it comes to education? Is it the lack of learning institutions in many countries? Or the fact that many youths do not have the self drive/ motivation and desire to be educated? Nelson Mandela once said "education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world" so as...

My treasured tree

Posted August 2, 2014 no picture Jonathan_connect_zambia

no picture Jonathan_connect_zambia View Profile

Prayer being offered by a tree: ''those who pass by hear me. I am the bed you sleep on am the firewood you use for cooking am the support of your house aren't you tired of using me spare me now'' hear the cry of the trees let us not cut down trees!"

From my own observations, the majority of people in my country (Zambia) do not really connect with issues whose effects are not instant. Climate change is inclusive! For as long as climate change effects are not directly affecting them, a greater part of the Zambian population gives a blind eye and a deaf ear to issues of climate change. However, many others among them, feel connected to climate related issues once they directly affect them. A practical example that may have pushed people to po...

Don't Abuse Me! Use Me!

Posted July 15, 2014 no picture chilufya_connect_zambia

no picture chilufya_connect_zambia View Profile

A Child is a person below the legal age of 18 years, as stipulated by the laws of Zambia. By virtue of been human children are entitled to rights which are known as child rights. It is unfortunate that despite Zambia been a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC), the majority of the Zambian children suffer from various socio-economic challenges, such as increasing household poverty, child labour, child trafficking, early marriages HIV/AIDS,...