We all need inclusive education

Posted March 29, 2014 no picture Umenjoh

no picture Umenjoh View Profile

Around the world, we see how people contribute to the development of their societies. There is no society which is stagnant since from creation and there is no society which can really move on when there is an imbalance in development. Disability around the world has sparked much fire into the eyes of many organizations and governments. From the UN fact sheet in 2006, 25% of the world’s population is affected by disability, 70% of people living with disability are in developing...

Let's talk about health access

Posted March 28, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

We are a group of 10 girls in Yilonayili Anglican Primary School. Yilonayili is a village under the Sagnarigu District in Northern Ghana. Our community faces a lot of challenges but the most important one the Tech Girls wishes to talk about is the lack of health facilities in the community. Our community is about 10 miles from Tamale where the nearest health facility can be accessed. Due to the distance from Yilonaayili village to Tamale, we normally lose our friends, mothers,...

ICT training for Tech Girls

Posted March 26, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

Kplinyin is a community under kumbungu District in the Northern region of Ghana. Children in Kplinyin Primary school faces a lot of challenges in learning at school but the most prominent one is the lack of a computer laboratory. We the Tech Girls in the Kplinyin primary School have learnt a lot with regard to ICT training in the Savana Signatures project and have seen the need for ICT education for all children. Some of the programmes we have learnt are Microsoft word, Micro...

Our Health at Risk in Schools

Posted March 24, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

The Tech Girls club of Sakasaka Primary is happy to share the plight of pupils in the school with the rest of the world on the poor sanitation and health hazards they face at school. The windows of our classrooms and doors are broken and as a result, some scrupulous people in the school community defecate in the classrooms in the night. Pupils have to spend valuable time cleaning and washing the feces out every morning. Aside from this, the choked gutters in the school often gi...

Girls' demand for health facility

Posted March 20, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

Yong – Dakpemyili is in the Tamale metropolis. It is about 16 km away from Tamale. The Tech Girls club in the Yong Dakpemyili primary school is taking the lead to ask duty bearers to provide a health facility (clinic) for the people of Yong. It is captured in article 24 of the UN convention that “Children have the right to good quality care, to clean water, nutritious food and clean environment, so that they will stay healthy.” We are making our calls based on this provis...

Into a Bird's Eye View

Posted March 9, 2014 no picture Julieane M Fernandez

no picture Julieane M Fernandez View Profile

Do you use your eyes wisely? – There is a large variety of perspectives, which one of them is yours? People, especially nation leaders, could answer this question immediately; carefully evaluating its connotation, they could express their answers to such impressive and inspiring words. I am amazed how they could draw directly to their very points towards the so- called “awareness” as their expected answers. Although there are billions of global citizens and leaders who are in...

How can we save mother earth?

Posted March 18, 2014 no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA

no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA View Profile

Agriculture is a very important sector that helps alleviate hunger and poverty. It is also essential for the development of a country, but unfortunately people are using some very poor practices which is destroying our mother earth. Land transformation, the use of land to yield goods and services, is the most substantial way humans alter the Earth's ecosystems, and is considered the driving force in the loss of biodiversity. Estimates of the amount of land transformed by humans v...

Music makes young peoples' realities better

Posted March 17, 2014 no picture Lungiswa_Connect_South Africa

no picture Lungiswa_Connect_South Africa View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

In South Africa, music is and always has been a form of escape for most of the young people, especially those from disadvantaged communities, from the harsh realities of the lives that they are living and it is through music that most of the young South Africans are able to realize their dreams live their passions. Here is an example of a young man whose life has been difficult and has used music as an inspiration to realize his dreams and inspire other young South Africans.

Zambia's First Lady Partners with UNICEF Child Ambassadors HIV Advocacy

Posted March 17, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

One third (4 million) of the Zambian population is 15-24 years old; however, every hour, 3 of these young people will become infected with HIV. Less than 40% of young people in Zambia have comprehensive HIV knowledge, with lower levels among females. A similar trend is noted for the use of HIV prevention services (condoms, male circumcision) with the exception of HIV testing among girls and their delay of sexual debuts. Young people's HIV risk is increased when they have limited knowledge about...