What do you know about vanilla?

Published no picture Ostanie_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Ostanie_Connecte_Madagascar

Vanilla is one of the species of orchids. Maroantsetra exports this product so that developed countries manufactured aromas of vanilla. Maroantsetra has no central processing of this product. The vanilla crop starts from June and ends in late July. Vanilla provides holiday job for students. It also gives money to farmers. The price is yet lowered since a decade, though the culture of vanilla takes much time. Men get in during the flowering of vanilla so that the vanilla produce p...

Feeding mouths; is it a child's responsibility?

Published no picture christinemwanachilenga_connect_zambia

no picture christinemwanachilenga_connect_zambia

Is it a child’s responsibility to feed his family or siblings? More especially if the child is only 12-years-old? Poverty being a state of lacking, certain needs like food and clothes drags children into child labour. In Luanshya, a small town in Zambia, there are homes that are child-headed and some children are street vendors which makes it hard for them to get fed or go to school. If you were to walk in the streets that lead to the industrial area in Luanshya where scrap m...

Will Innovations Solve Africa's Pressing Challenges?

Published Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

As you may be aware one of the great things about social media is its reach and, as we saw from the various forms of the Arab Spring, its ability to bring about rapid change. A number of initiatives have been using social media platforms in Africa in innovative new ways – particularly when it comes to engaging and activating wider audiences – and particularly the youth – around issues that matter the most to them. On the 22nd of October 2014 I spoke at Strathmore Universi...

THE VOICE OF SOCIAL MEDIA

Published no picture Katongo_VOY_CONNECT

no picture Katongo_VOY_CONNECT

THE VOICE OF SOCIAL MEDIA# In today’s world people can communicate over great distances. You can even chat with someone who is on the other side of the globe as though you were in the same room. All this is possible because of social media. Social media is an essential tool in the work that we do as advocates for change and if anything voices of youth is a social networking site. Not long ago I had the privilege of attending the Zambia Children’s Climate Conference 7 and o...

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/yo...

The youth reporters at Red River Primary School in Cape Town got the opportunity to interview Patrick Gaspard, the US Ambassador to South Africa. And it seemed they hit all the right notes with this diplomat.

Zambian Chidren's Climate Conference 7 underway

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

The Zambian Children's Climate Conference 7 (ZCCC7) training of trainers kicked off yesterday in Zambia's Capital, Lusaka, with 50 child climate ambassadors drown from all the 10 provinces of Zambia taking part. The conference aims at building and grooming a new generation of youth ethical and visionary leaders from different social backgrounds, bringing them together to share ideas, identify ,and devise solution to the most pressing environmental issues in their respective communi...

A good Road network is vital

Published Avatar Luckson_VOYMaps_Zambia

Avatar Luckson_VOYMaps_Zambia

Road maintenance is vital to the well being of so many societies across Zambia - especially a good road network. Kitwe is not an exception; it being one of the major mining town on the copper belt province. If roads are in a bad state this raises major concern for the local people. Especially when transporting copper and other goods outside the province. Faulty roads were one of the major challenges in so many communities but due some positive actions that are being taken now, th...

Xenophobia

Published no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

The "Cracking It" young reporters from Kuruman in the Northern Cape, tackle the issue of Xenophobia within our communities. They discuss among themselves and interact with listeners on what can be done to get rid of these attacks on foreign nationals.

Safe Travels

no picture Children's Radio Foundation

Source: http://bit.ly/1xm0SSR

For Zahni, safety means being able to walk around without having to be watched by adults. She feels safe at school, but not at malls and busy places. Zahni recounts a time getting off the train in Pinelands station in Cape Town, when all didn't go as planned.