ICT training for Tech Girls

Posted March 26, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

Kplinyin is a community under kumbungu District in the Northern region of Ghana. Children in Kplinyin Primary school faces a lot of challenges in learning at school but the most prominent one is the lack of a computer laboratory. We the Tech Girls in the Kplinyin primary School have learnt a lot with regard to ICT training in the Savana Signatures project and have seen the need for ICT education for all children. Some of the programmes we have learnt are Microsoft word, Micro...

Our Health at Risk in Schools

Posted March 24, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

The Tech Girls club of Sakasaka Primary is happy to share the plight of pupils in the school with the rest of the world on the poor sanitation and health hazards they face at school. The windows of our classrooms and doors are broken and as a result, some scrupulous people in the school community defecate in the classrooms in the night. Pupils have to spend valuable time cleaning and washing the feces out every morning. Aside from this, the choked gutters in the school often gi...

Girls' demand for health facility

Posted March 20, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

Yong – Dakpemyili is in the Tamale metropolis. It is about 16 km away from Tamale. The Tech Girls club in the Yong Dakpemyili primary school is taking the lead to ask duty bearers to provide a health facility (clinic) for the people of Yong. It is captured in article 24 of the UN convention that “Children have the right to good quality care, to clean water, nutritious food and clean environment, so that they will stay healthy.” We are making our calls based on this provis...

Into a Bird's Eye View

Posted March 9, 2014 no picture Julieane M Fernandez

no picture Julieane M Fernandez View Profile

Do you use your eyes wisely? – There is a large variety of perspectives, which one of them is yours? People, especially nation leaders, could answer this question immediately; carefully evaluating its connotation, they could express their answers to such impressive and inspiring words. I am amazed how they could draw directly to their very points towards the so- called “awareness” as their expected answers. Although there are billions of global citizens and leaders who are in...

How can we save mother earth?

Posted March 18, 2014 no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA

no picture Katongo Kampamba-VOY-ZAMBIA View Profile

Agriculture is a very important sector that helps alleviate hunger and poverty. It is also essential for the development of a country, but unfortunately people are using some very poor practices which is destroying our mother earth. Land transformation, the use of land to yield goods and services, is the most substantial way humans alter the Earth's ecosystems, and is considered the driving force in the loss of biodiversity. Estimates of the amount of land transformed by humans v...

Music makes young peoples' realities better

Posted March 17, 2014 no picture Lungiswa_Connect_South Africa

no picture Lungiswa_Connect_South Africa View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

In South Africa, music is and always has been a form of escape for most of the young people, especially those from disadvantaged communities, from the harsh realities of the lives that they are living and it is through music that most of the young South Africans are able to realize their dreams live their passions. Here is an example of a young man whose life has been difficult and has used music as an inspiration to realize his dreams and inspire other young South Africans.

Zambia's First Lady Partners with UNICEF Child Ambassadors HIV Advocacy

Posted March 17, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

One third (4 million) of the Zambian population is 15-24 years old; however, every hour, 3 of these young people will become infected with HIV. Less than 40% of young people in Zambia have comprehensive HIV knowledge, with lower levels among females. A similar trend is noted for the use of HIV prevention services (condoms, male circumcision) with the exception of HIV testing among girls and their delay of sexual debuts. Young people's HIV risk is increased when they have limited knowledge about...

#NOlostgeneration "Think, Write, Discuss"

Posted March 12, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

“Winter was another major issue, with a need for children's winter clothing. 'How are we going to keep the children clean during winter if there is no hot water?'” UNICEF emergency specialist Abdulkadir Musse reports on his experiences in Al Waer, Syria in. Thanks to the US Fund for UNICEF and their latest Global Citizenship Briefs, Musse's visit gives us a first hand look into the war-torn city. Not only does this brief give YOU further insight into the conflict, but also...

The rising tide of cyber abuse

Posted March 12, 2014 no picture Babygirl_ Connect_ South Africa

no picture Babygirl_ Connect_ South Africa View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/vibe-fm-young-reporters/tnn...

Cyber abuse is continuing to rise around the world and seems to be affecting young people and children a lot more. However, there are ways to protect our youth against this so that they enjoy the benefits that the internet provides. The young reporters in South Africa have become aware of this and wish to raise awareness in their communities through the medium of radio about the effects of cyber abuse. Take a listen.