All will be fine

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture Chumya_Educator_Zambia

no picture Chumya_Educator_Zambia View Profile

Wherever you are, whatever it takes, no matter the distance, I know that one day you will get there. Today, you may fall several times and the chances of rising again seems hallow but believe you me, all will be fine in the end because the strife will not be long. The fruits of perseverance are actually more enjoyable because of the challenges one would overcome. And of course once you have achieved that goal, you probably would say "Yes I did it!" Finally, never get tired of...

Let there be ICTs for all

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture RachealNakamba_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture RachealNakamba_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

What impact do social networking sites like Facebook have on our lives? Some might say there are more advantages compared to disadvantages. However, as it changes our lives, it is more social and personal and does not add much impact on our development. Instead we should focus on platforms like Voices of Youth and Connect where real issues are discussed that affect each and every individual. Solutions can be arrived at and young people get to experience the real issues in the w...

Why are girls doing bad in science and mathematics?

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture KennedyMweetwa_educonnect_Zambia

no picture KennedyMweetwa_educonnect_Zambia View Profile

Girls and young women today are pretty familiar with computers and the Internet, and it may seem like they don't need encouragement anymore. But, to keep girls interested in science and mathematics, as well as believing they have something to contribute to areas like technology, hardware and software development, scientific research, and many other areas of technology, is still an important task. So I'm updating the site as much as possible right now. It will still seem a bit behind the times in...

Why We Should Practice Safe Sex

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture LeahPhiri_EduConnect_zambia

no picture LeahPhiri_EduConnect_zambia View Profile

The coming of technology has seen both good and bad vice in our societies. Youth are enganging in sexual activities without considering the implications. Those who are still in school and have failed to keep their sexual desires in perspective have ways of practicing safe sex. The best option is to use condoms. Safe sex reduces unplanned pregnancies and reduces infections such as HIV and AIDS which would ruin one's life. THE BEST PRACTICE IS ABSTINENCE.

Re-entry Policy is Under Review in Zambia

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture GilsonTembo_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture GilsonTembo_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

As an educator I have observed both advantages and disadvantages of the re-entry policy. However, there are more disadvantages than advantages. Well, the main advantage is the girl child getting back to class. Their performance will be affected, and the main disadvantage is that she may become pregnant at a very tender age followed by complications during delivery. Unfortunately she may even be infected with HIV & AIDS.........….. Whats the way to move forward for our chi...

Girl Child

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia

no picture MangwatuDarius_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

COULD THIS BE TRUE...!! Too much emphasis on the Girl Child makes her more vulnerable to danger.

Root Of Delinquency in Public Schools

Posted July 12, 2014 no picture Love_Educonnect_Zambia

no picture Love_Educonnect_Zambia View Profile

Are teachers responsible for pupils delinquency in public schools (government schools)?

Why should we suffer?

Posted July 7, 2014 no picture Elijah_Youth_Zambia

no picture Elijah_Youth_Zambia View Profile

My names are Elijah Lufunda from Zambia.It is very touching to find a school boy/girl walking in the streets while wearing a school uniform & when you ask them why they are not in school they answer you like "I have been chased out of school because I have not paid school fees". Now the question is why would some one chase a boy/girl out of school because of school fees as if he/she (boy/girl) pays for himself/herself? Would you do that to your son or your daughter?

Ignoring the environment is burning our own future!

Posted July 5, 2014 no picture Masauso_Connect_Zambia

no picture Masauso_Connect_Zambia View Profile

About 10 years ago, I remember myself in a classroom full of small boys and girls. I vividly remember my environmental science teacher, a Mrs. Mutale, she always teased us to plant trees as small as ourselves. So that when the trees grow big like her, they are used to make all the small things that were in our classroom, starting from the small desks that we sat on, the small chalk board in front of us, the small books and pencils, including our small uniforms that we wore. Without even botherin...