#NOlostgeneration "Think, Write, Discuss"

Posted March 12, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

“Winter was another major issue, with a need for children's winter clothing. 'How are we going to keep the children clean during winter if there is no hot water?'” UNICEF emergency specialist Abdulkadir Musse reports on his experiences in Al Waer, Syria in. Thanks to the US Fund for UNICEF and their latest Global Citizenship Briefs, Musse's visit gives us a first hand look into the war-torn city. Not only does this brief give YOU further insight into the conflict, but also...

Namaste! #UNSLCD Kicks Off Here!

Posted March 3, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

Namaste! Wonderful opening statements from our 5 participating countries. UN Student Leadership Conference on Development kicked off this morning at the UN in New York in a videoconference. Student leaders of the conference, Andres from Colegio Carol Baur of Mexico and Kelly from USA gave their opening remarks for the conference before the videoconferencing sites were introduced. A resounding Namaste was heard from Chennai India who “expressed profound gratitude for being...

Tributes to Pakistan teenager killed when he stopped a bomber

Posted January 9, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile
"The suicide bomber wanted to destroy the school and school students. It was my cousin who stopped him from this...destruction."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25663992

Tributes have been pouring in for a Pakistani teenager who was killed on Monday when he tackled a suicide bomber targeting his school in the Hangu area. Aitzaz Hasan, 15, was with friends outside school when they spotted a man wearing a suicide vest. Despite the pleas of his fellow students, he decided to confront and capture the bomber who then detonated his vest, his cousin told the BBC. Aitzaz is being hailed as a hero in an outpouring of praise on social media. Th...

Congratulations To the Top 3 VOY Anti-Bullying Designs!

Posted November 15, 2013 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

Thank you for all of your unique and creative submissions! We had many designs to choose from and it was a very difficult decision. However, we would like to announce the top 3 designs for our Anti-Bullying Design Contest: Winner: Miguel Angel Padilla Castro (see his Banner on the VOY Homepage!) TOP 2: Bryan Mariano Aulia Maharani Karli Congratulations to the top 3 and to all those who participated! We look forward raising awareness on the prevalence of bully...

Girl Rising

Posted June 27, 2013 no picture

As Malala Day is nearing, join the Girl Rising Movement to promote equal rights and opportunities for girls worldwide.

New Countries, New Projects

Posted May 29, 2013 no picture

We are very proud to welcome two new countries to the Voices of Youth Connect team: South Africa and Zambia. In South Africa, the Young Reporters Network has been working in different provinces implementating radio programs in youth clubs and partnering with local radio stations allowing youth participants to investigate local issues and to initiate a dialogue within the community to address these issues. Voices of Youth Connect will join this wonderful initiative by providin...

A space for discovery and exchange of ideas

Posted May 22, 2013 Avatar Zayn_VOY_Connect

Avatar Zayn_VOY_Connect View Profile

When young people from Ethiopia ask their peers in Liberia “What are you proud of”, this is their answer: “ We are proud to have access to internet program and to communicate with students in and around the world because it helps us to have computer skills”. Youth participants have voiced their opinions, shared photos of their communities, and asked questions on Voices of Youth Connect forums because they always want to know more about how their peers in other regions and a...