https://i.imgur.com/h6PAQWu.jpg?fb Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet

Source: http://imgur.com/h6PAQWu

We travelled to the Ahangaran Valley in the Bamyan province of central Afghanistan to work with local children as they produced videos about their school, their lives and their dreams for the future. Bamyan made headlines back in 2001 when the Taliban destroyed the ancient Bamyan Buddha statues that had been etched into mountainsides. For more than 1,500 years, pilgrims from across Asia had set up camp near the Buddha statues and the huge caves beneath them. Now, only the c...

#NOlostgeneration "Think, Write, Discuss"

Posted Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY

“Winter was another major issue, with a need for children's winter clothing. 'How are we going to keep the children clean during winter if there is no hot water?'” UNICEF emergency specialist Abdulkadir Musse reports on his experiences in Al Waer, Syria in. Thanks to the US Fund for UNICEF and their latest Global Citizenship Briefs, Musse's visit gives us a first hand look into the war-torn city. Not only does this brief give YOU further insight into the conflict, but also prov...

Namaste! #UNSLCD Kicks Off Here!

Posted Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY

Namaste! Wonderful opening statements from our 5 participating countries. UN Student Leadership Conference on Development kicked off this morning at the UN in New York in a videoconference. Student leaders of the conference, Andres from Colegio Carol Baur of Mexico and Kelly from USA gave their opening remarks for the conference before the videoconferencing sites were introduced. A resounding Namaste was heard from Chennai India who “expressed profound gratitude for being a...

"The suicide bomber wanted to destroy the school and school students. It was my cousin who stopped him from this...destruction."

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25663992

Tributes have been pouring in for a Pakistani teenager who was killed on Monday when he tackled a suicide bomber targeting his school in the Hangu area. Aitzaz Hasan, 15, was with friends outside school when they spotted a man wearing a suicide vest. Despite the pleas of his fellow students, he decided to confront and capture the bomber who then detonated his vest, his cousin told the BBC. Aitzaz is being hailed as a hero in an outpouring of praise on social media. Th...

Congratulations To the Top 3 VOY Anti-Bullying Designs!

Posted Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY

Thank you for all of your unique and creative submissions! We had many designs to choose from and it was a very difficult decision. However, we would like to announce the top 3 designs for our Anti-Bullying Design Contest: Winner: Miguel Angel Padilla Castro (see his Banner on the VOY Homepage!) TOP 2: Bryan Mariano Aulia Maharani Karli Congratulations to the top 3 and to all those who participated! We look forward raising awareness on the prevalence of bully...