Our Debates

About the quality of education

We often hear that educational systems around the world have a problem of providing quality education. In your opinion, what are the characteristics or concrete examples of "good" quality education?

Participate

On Advertising

Should marketing & advertising to children and youth via social media be allowed? WHY?

View Debate

Internet Safety

Restricting access to the Internet, is it the best way to make children and adolescents safer?

View Debate

Syria #NOlostgeneration

The conflict in Syria has been going on for almost 3 years. Everyday, children are missing school and are afraid for their lives. What can we do as individuals and/or organizations to stop this conflict and prevent the loss of a whole generation?

View Debate

© UNICEF/NYHQ2009-2037/PHUONG NGUYEN

Our Disaster Relief debate question is inspired from Emilia Tiurma Savira Siahaan

What is the first and most important thing we should give to a country affected by a natural disaster? (i.e. Food? Money?)

View Debate

HIV and AIDS

Do you think students should have to make their HIV/AIDS status public in schools?

View Debate

Our Anti-Bullying Debate Question is Inspired from Salman Javed

Bullying has taken many forms and we may experience it in school and/or online. "What are some creative ways we can stop bullying?"

View Debate

The debate question for the next two weeks is from Lydia Muyu

"Exams are society’s methods of telling you what you’re worth. Should we let our exam results decide of our fate or not?"

View Debate

Girls’ Education

In your opinion, what are the most creative and innovative ways to give girls equal access to education?

View Debate

About Violence and the Media

Do you think that violence in the media influences acts of violence in real life?

View Debate

War and Peace

"Sometimes violence is needed to bring peace.” Do you agree with this?

View Debate

About charity

What do you think is more effective: donating to charitable organizations or to a person begging for money on the streets?

View Debate

International Youth Day

“Do you think days like the International Day of Youth are helping to address the challenges that youth face around the world? Yes or no and why do you think so?”

View Debate

© UNICEF/NYHQ2012-0755/SHEHZAD NOORANI

Gender inequality

What are the worst manifestations of gender inequality in your country? How can individuals challenge this phenomenon?

View Debate

School & job market

Do you think that your school is providing you with the adequate skills to be competitive on the job market?

View Debate