Country Maps

Argentina Map

Youth participants in the neighbourhood of San Miguel in Buenos Aires identified the environmental and physical issues related to garbage disposal, the poor conditions of the streets and general safety. The youth mappers and officials from the municipality of San Miguel created a plan of action to address these issues.

Bhutan Map

Youth participants of the Bhutan Centre for Media and Democracy (BCMD) investigated how public spaces are maintained and how efficient is the public transportation in Thimphu. The young mappers undertook community activities to enhance the debate on these issues.

Brazil Map

In Brazil, young people are mapping their communities and schools to identify social and environmental issues. The findings of the digital mapping are presented to local authorities to influence policies and bring change to vulnerable communities.

France Map

In Sainte-Genevieve-des-Bois, high school students are focusing on how their school and their community are youth-friendly environments.

Haiti Map

In Haiti, youth are mapping issues related to sanitation, HIV AIDS prevention and violence against women in their communities. The final digital map is introduced to local authorities and NGOs to inform the preventive work that took place in Port-au-Prince.

Kosovo Map

In Kosovo, university students are mapping environmental risks, man-made pollution and access to recreational spaces for children and youth in different neighbourhoods in Prishtina. Their findings are shared with local media to revisit how the city of Prishtina is shaped.

Madagascar Map

In two rural communities in Madagascar, Maroantsetra and Tamatave, youth participants focused on problems related to the environment, biodiversity and conservation and investigated activities undertaken by youth to address these issues. In parallel, they identified other social issues such as unemployment and child labour.