Be the voice of your community!

Poverty, violence and hunger affect many lives in our communities and around the world. All of these issues – whether related to the environment, poverty, health, or violence and armed conflict – need to be highlighted, and who better take on this responsibility than YOU.

It is often said that young people are the leaders of tomorrow. Here at Voices of Youth, we believe that we do not need to wait that long to see you flourish and make a difference. We believe that you already are leaders and that your opinions matter.

Share your stories and views through articles, photos and videos. Open a window into your community and share issues that you and your friends and family face. Tell us about the experiences you live, share your success stories and show us the beauty of your cultural background. Post on Voices of Youth and make your voice heard!

You don’t have to write a lengthy article to share your opinion and story. You can post a video or photo, or even reblog an article you have read somewhere else. Be the voice of your community by reporting on specific topics that matter to you.

Need ideas? The entire Voices of Youth community is here to help. Check the site to see what other young people are reporting on, and join the conversation.

Clean your community!

Is there a public space in your city or village that needs a good cleanup, some repair or general improvement? Is it a park, riverbank, schoolyard, sidewalk, playing field or even parking lot? Most likely, the answer is ‘yes’.

Like you, we want to improve our environment – and we understand that the solution is in our hands.

Actions speak louder than words. You can be a source of positive change by collecting waste across your community, painting damaged playgrounds or even planting trees. Change is contagious, and it begins with you. Invite your friends, family and teachers!

You are not alone. Voices of Youth is here to show you the way and help you clean your community. You can access an array of tips and ideas in our Action Toolkit and by reviewing similar actions taken by other youth worldwide.

Advocate for the rights of children!

All children, regardless of their gender or ethnic background, have the rights to play, express themselves and be educated. Very often their rights are neglected and even violated. Every day, around the globe, children are trafficked, forced to work in dangerous places like textile factories or even coerced into fighting wars as soldiers.

Voices of Youth stands against these violations and invites you to join its network of advocates. Your voice, along with millions of other young voices worldwide, is a powerful force for change. Advocate for the rights of children!

Interested to know what young people from Madagascar, Turkey or Viet Nam have to say about child rights? Join the conversation on Voices of Youth Connect or Voices of Youth Citizens. Explore, advocate and take action!

Share the love!

Are you a Facebook or Twitter fanatic? Great! Your support will be valuable. Voices of Youth needs more people like you – driven, ardent and opinionated young journalists, leaders and activists who can continue to put the voices of young people at the forefront. Join us at Facebook or Twitter for news and discussions!

Invite your friends, relatives, classmates and teachers to join the Voices of Youth family. Come learn about new cultures and new ideas. Voices of Youth is yours to promote your opinions, hopes and wishes. Spread the love!

Be a volunteer!

We can all make positive contributions to the lives of others – whether it’s by working in a homeless shelter, supporting children with disabilities, or assisting elderly people by helping them buy groceries or run errands. The simplest action can sometimes have the biggest impact.

Volunteerism starts with you and springs from your compassion and desire for change. Join thousands of young people worldwide in making a positive difference by taking action and volunteering.

Identify a cause that speaks to you and dedicate yourself to it. Voices of Youth is your platform to meet and learn from other volunteers and to promote your success stories.

We want to know everything about your volunteer work, so make sure to share your project or experiences with the entire Voices of Youth family. Promote your grassroots organization and tell us how you are helping other people!

Recommended Actions

Be the voice of your community!

Bring your community to the world. Tell us about the issues you face and the amazing experiences you live. Be a Voices of Youth journalist, post on the website and comment on articles written by others!

Learn more

Clean your community!

Tired of watching your community decay environmentally? No worries! You ARE the solution.

Learn more

Advocate for the rights of children!

Children have rights, too. Be their voice! Help improve their lives by sharing their stories on.

Learn more

Share the love!

Are you a big fan of Voices of Youth? Great! Help our digital family grow even faster by inviting your friends to join the network.

Learn more

Be a volunteer!

Do you want to have a positive impact in your community? You can do it! Help those in need.

Learn more