Series of Hunger VS TV series in Ramadan

Posted July 17, 2014 no picture Radwa Maher Ali

no picture Radwa Maher Ali View Profile

Food is the dream of of some people and it's the least available thing for them. Some people wish for a meal a day consisting half a loaf of bread and cheese, it can be their definition of luxury. In Egypt, in Ramadan 2014, there's a series of advertisements called ''Mosalsal El Goaa'' (Series of Hunger). There's one of those advertisements about aman who searches the "trash" for food to feed his kids (pic.1). And another about 2 brother having turns to eat, each one eats in a da...

Lokalizo Youth Mappers- something for the community!

Posted June 14, 2014 no picture Arta Hoxha

no picture Arta Hoxha View Profile

I was on the lookout for projects where I would be able to contribute to my society. When I first saw by chance the Lokalizo page online it looked amazing to me. After reading about this project I understood they were looking to increase the awareness of community members, civil society and government about the social issues which affect our community. The best part of the objectives of Lokalizo are to explore ways to empower small groups of citizens or young people to contribute p...

Lokalizo

Posted June 13, 2014 Avatar Brikenda Metaj

Avatar Brikenda Metaj View Profile

I was amazed when I saw for the first time the Lokalizo page online. After getting to know a little bit more about the project, the idea of becoming part of this project quickly became important to me as I wanted to help out in realizing the goals of the project but also to gather experience in this working environment. After becoming part of the team, I was happy to start learning more about this initiative, especially about how the reports created through the technological to...

Mapping Day

Posted June 12, 2014 no picture diar

I am a student at the "Sami Frashëri '' Gymnasium, studying Social Sciences. I participated in a lot of trainings and activities as a volunteer, where I had the opportunity to meet many peers, adults, and gain new knowledge. My involvement in activities of different organizations has made me understand very well the concept of active citizenship and the importance of citizen participation in governance and processes which aim the improvement of our communities. Therefore, a big pa...

Egzona Blogpost

Posted June 12, 2014 no picture Xona

The day I found out about Lokalizo there were many reasons why I wanted to get involved. I saw the potential of this project has, specifically the ability to create a strong connection between the citizens and the government which is very important, while I also thought that it will be a great opportunity for contributing to this project and gain experience. I also liked the way Lokalizo wants to appeal citizens for making them more responsible for changing their communities.While...

Youths in Post 2015 Development Agenda in Morocco

Posted June 9, 2014 Avatar Abdul Mufeez Shaheed

Avatar Abdul Mufeez Shaheed View Profile

Young people should be at the forefront of global change and innovation. Empowered, they can be key agents for development and peace. If, however, they are left on society's margin, all of us will be impoverished. Let us ensure that all young people have every opportunity to participate fully in the lives of their societies. Kofi Anan, Former UN Secretary-General In the past decade, the importance of youth participation in decision making has gained the much needed recognitio...

Lokalizo_Maps_Kosovo

Posted May 20, 2014 no picture Prosperity Initiative in Kosovo

no picture Prosperity Initiative in Kosovo View Profile

Prosperity Initiative in Kosovo (PIKS) is implementing its flagship project Lokalizo which is a youth digital mapping project supported by UNICEF Innovations Lab Kosovo and Voices of Youth Mapping Initiative. The Lokalizo project will gradually empower groups of young people, to contribute and become agents of positive change in their communities. This activism of young people will result in amplifying their voices and in getting them to proactively engage in the decision-makin...

Meet our VOY mappers from Buenos Aires!

Posted November 6, 2013 no picture

Buenos Aires is the latest city where young people are taking to the streets with smartphones to map environmental hazards in their community as part of Voices of Youth Maps. Meet Maria and Romina, two of the 20 young people who’ve been trained this past month. Stay tuned to VOY for more updates and follow UNICEF Argentina on Twitter (@UNICEFargentina) Maria E. 18 years old Why did you decide to participate in the project? So that I can show that there are proble...

50 Youth Help UNICEF Visualize “Urgency” in Prototype Media Innovation

Posted October 3, 2013 Avatar Joe @unicefgis

Avatar Joe @unicefgis View Profile

“All kinds of pets, including dogs, cats, birds, etc. are sold here along with meat from butcher shops. The sanitation conditions are horrid and the animals are kept in cruel conditions. Moreover keeping raw meat next to domesticated animals presents a huge sanitation and health issue.” – Aown K., 19 years, World Wildlife Foundation See more photographs in Voices of Youth Urgency Rank Prototype Tester Gallery:http://flic.kr/s/aHsjKaNwM5 How can we measure the urgency of...