Trash dumped in some areas of Kitwe - Climate Mapping

Posted September 2, 2014 Avatar Luckson_Connect_Zambia

Avatar Luckson_Connect_Zambia View Profile

From an anti-hill to a trench and finally a man made hill of garbage. Waste disposal is of the major environmental problems that many residents of Kitwe go through, And only a few of the residents know how to manage their waste/garbage. For the past 2 years people of this township have been dumping their garage at this site illegally the images will show the exact location of this dump site in Ipusukilo Township in Kitwe, before this place become a dumping site it was an anti...

Agroforestry Education

Posted August 30, 2014 no picture Achmad_VOYMaps_Indonesia

no picture Achmad_VOYMaps_Indonesia View Profile

This year, precisely in February 4-9, 2014 there were four IGAF standing committees which worked together executing an environmental project planned previously. They were Hanny Zuyyinah L, Baskoro Pakusadewo, Achmad Solikhin and Achmad Mustaqim. The project successfully completed entitled Agroforestry Education for CCA and CCM. This project focussed on how to mitigate and adapt climate change through implementing agroforestry system. Agroforestry system is a Climate Smart Agric...

We need you to help us map your environment

Posted August 11, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

http://www.voicesofyouth.org/assets/posts/54669/524eacaf9ae4c-full.jpeg

Source: http://www.voicesofyouth.org/assets/posts/54669/52...

UPDATE 11 September: We're looking for more mappers to bring child & youth voices to the Climate Summit. To apply submit this form. Do you walk by a pile of garbage every day on the street? Do you breathe the polluted air of your city? If you believe that we should put an end to the deterioration of our planet, make your voice heard. Help us create a global map on the challenges and positive changes that impact our environment. On 23 September 2014, the UN Secre...

Series of Hunger VS TV series in Ramadan

Posted July 17, 2014 no picture Radwa Maher Ali

no picture Radwa Maher Ali View Profile

Food is the dream of of some people and it's the least available thing for them. Some people wish for a meal a day consisting half a loaf of bread and cheese, it can be their definition of luxury. In Egypt, in Ramadan 2014, there's a series of advertisements called ''Mosalsal El Goaa'' (Series of Hunger). There's one of those advertisements about aman who searches the "trash" for food to feed his kids (pic.1). And another about 2 brother having turns to eat, each one eats in a da...

Lokalizo Youth Mappers- something for the community!

Posted June 14, 2014 no picture Arta Hoxha

no picture Arta Hoxha View Profile

I was on the lookout for projects where I would be able to contribute to my society. When I first saw by chance the Lokalizo page online it looked amazing to me. After reading about this project I understood they were looking to increase the awareness of community members, civil society and government about the social issues which affect our community. The best part of the objectives of Lokalizo are to explore ways to empower small groups of citizens or young people to contribute p...

Lokalizo

Posted June 13, 2014 Avatar Brikenda Metaj

Avatar Brikenda Metaj View Profile

I was amazed when I saw for the first time the Lokalizo page online. After getting to know a little bit more about the project, the idea of becoming part of this project quickly became important to me as I wanted to help out in realizing the goals of the project but also to gather experience in this working environment. After becoming part of the team, I was happy to start learning more about this initiative, especially about how the reports created through the technological to...

Mapping Day

Posted June 12, 2014 no picture diar

I am a student at the "Sami Frashëri '' Gymnasium, studying Social Sciences. I participated in a lot of trainings and activities as a volunteer, where I had the opportunity to meet many peers, adults, and gain new knowledge. My involvement in activities of different organizations has made me understand very well the concept of active citizenship and the importance of citizen participation in governance and processes which aim the improvement of our communities. Therefore, a big pa...

Egzona Blogpost

Posted June 12, 2014 no picture Xona

The day I found out about Lokalizo there were many reasons why I wanted to get involved. I saw the potential of this project has, specifically the ability to create a strong connection between the citizens and the government which is very important, while I also thought that it will be a great opportunity for contributing to this project and gain experience. I also liked the way Lokalizo wants to appeal citizens for making them more responsible for changing their communities.While...

Youths in Post 2015 Development Agenda in Morocco

Posted June 9, 2014 Avatar Abdul Mufeez Shaheed

Avatar Abdul Mufeez Shaheed View Profile

Young people should be at the forefront of global change and innovation. Empowered, they can be key agents for development and peace. If, however, they are left on society's margin, all of us will be impoverished. Let us ensure that all young people have every opportunity to participate fully in the lives of their societies. Kofi Anan, Former UN Secretary-General In the past decade, the importance of youth participation in decision making has gained the much needed recognitio...