Posted by KristenVOY

UNICEF is calling on you to save the planet...

Let’s prove to the world that young people are key to combating climate change.How?It’s easy - all y...

Is This Really What I Want?

Posted Avatar Liam R , Student

Liam R

Don’t you think it’s funny,That you wouldn't cut a tree,But still write on paper,And use a wooden desk.Don’t you think it’s funny,That you hate fossil fuel energy,But forget to turn off the lights,And leave your computer on while you sleep.Is it not so funny,That you’d never want to waste water,But forget to turn off the tap,Or take a bath and not a shower.The world is such a funny place,Where people claim that things are bad,But they truly never care a bit,About actually making a change.I would...

What is love?

Posted no picture Ysabel Gagliardo , Student

Ysabel Gagliardo

Probably the most important thing in the world is love.Love is what keeps us going, love is putting somebody else’s needs ahead of our own without excepting anything in return, love is beautiful and magical.There are many types of love, but I want to talk especially about loving a boyfriend or girlfriend, loving someone with all of your heart, and thinking that person is "the one"What is "the one"?To me "the one" or your true love, the love of your life or whatever you want to call it, is someon...

Segregation: Tragedy of the Mind

Posted no picture Dane McQuillan , Student

Dane McQuillan

Segregation: a reflection of how our brain categorizes everything we see and do.Picture a living thing—say, a dog. Now imagine a hammer. You just activated two different areas of your visual cortex, the brain region that processes eyesight. Thinking of a dog activates an area that deals with animate objects, whereas a hammer excites one that processes inanimate things.Now a new study shows something surprising: the same thing would have happened even if you had never seen a dog or a hammer befor...

Debate with the world

Posted no picture Ameer , Just a writer

no picture Just a writer
Ameer

Slaves of the world's confines, isolated in our own minds, what is yours? what is mine? are we in control of our own time? an action does not define yet we divide humans into different lines, peace? we decline, war seems divine, kill our own race and celebrate with wine, we want it all, every dollar and every dime, we won't stop because we love crime, we don't care if we destroy a kids mind because the world and everything around seems fine, really? ok I tried so nevermind, I'll return in the fu...

All you need to liberate society – the internet?

Posted no picture Yasmin Youssef

no picture Yasmin Youssef

How the internet can help democracy – or not… The Arabic spring introduced a new era of revolution. An era of revolution whose main weapon is the internet – revolution 2.0. Like so many other revolutions also the Arabic Spring began with severe disappointment and discontent. The people were fed up with the brutally dictatorially and rigid regimes and the lack of freedom of speech and possibilities. Poverty, education, big differences in social classes, corruption etc. were all things that fru...

In a Crowd of Thousand Graduates

Posted Avatar Aida Serna , Industrial designer

Avatar Industrial designer
Aida Serna

In a crowd of thousands is a line of a song I heard in a musical I recently saw. It made me think just that. I am just one human of the thousands that have recently graduated and are unable to find a job. I certainly did not expect to be in this position back in December, when I graduated a top university with top scores. Young with a lot of dreams, it's a common thing to receive a rude awakening. Suddenly, you are not in school and you cannot control your success like you could control your gra...

Young mind

Posted no picture Francesc

no picture Francesc

Youth is a privilege many do not really appreciate because it would appear to have not cost them anything. As a young man with a youthful mind I have found my mind to burdened with a hunger I can not seem to quench. The hunger to be more than I am, to be better for myself, my family, my community and if I am lucky, my country and the world at large. This has made me ruminate as come up with this thought with hope of reflecting on it and help to inspire someone to decide to want to be more in ord...

Beautiful

Posted no picture Xix , Student

Xix

Today, I am here to remind you that you are beautiful. I know it doesn't feel like it sometimes. Some days you look in the mirror and all you can see are the negatives. The zits, the scars, the birthmark that sits right in the middle of your forehead. Some days you look in the mirror and you only see the things you want to change. Some days you won't feel as confident as you usually do. Clothes just don't look right, your hair won't stay out of your eyes, and all you want to do is turn invisible...

Food Waste: A Call For Change

Posted no picture Gali , High School Student

no picture High School Student
Gali

By 2027, we are expected to suffer from a 217 trillion calories worth of food deficiency. However, approximately 40% of our perfectly eatable food supply is wasted. Further, if food waste was a country, it would have had the third largest greenhouse gas emotions, and will only be vanquished by China and the US. Evidently, we are ought to reduce food waste and to thereby feed our growing population. Now, I know what you're thinking: It's a shame but what can I do about it?Well, there are plenty o...

VOY across the world