I Am an Advocate For Youth!

Posted April 14, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

no picture Victor Brown Omovbude View Profile

I have seen people change and at the same time witnessed a retrograde in youths. I have been around areas where there is no hope for light and peace, but in this same situation some people still survive. I have been around youth, boys and girls, that have made life difficult for themselves due to lack of knowledge. And my countenance has dwindled, because I have witnessed a holocaust of ruined lives in the past, even now. I love peace and the prospect it brings. I love sanctuary - a foundation l...

Who is to blame for Youth(s) Illegal Act ?

Posted April 12, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

Many a time, I have tried to deduce the consequences of some arrogant notions displayed by most youths. The world we live in is profoundly able to garnish our being to prosperity, and at the same make us subjects to harsh circumstances which will carve us into strong, unrelenting and determined youths if we work towards perfection. And we destroy our aspect for a futuristic goal if we reduce our stance, by ploughing the roads of havoc. Today, we have youths in prisons, for violating governmental...

What are the causes of the increase in prostitution rates in Kabwe?

Posted April 12, 2014 no picture Mujyinja_Connect_Zambia

no picture Mujyinja_Connect_Zambia View Profile

Prostitution as a whole has become a serious draw back in the development of the country; this is because most of the men and women are practicing it instead of taking part in developmental projects. Prostitution is as a result of the following reasons like; pleasure, curiosity, ignorance and so on. Envy has greatly contributed in a way that people engage themselves in prostitution because they want to have the things that other people have. Sensitization can also help reduce the r...

Its been a good ride!

Posted April 12, 2014 no picture Kwoba @H_Kwoba

no picture Kwoba @H_Kwoba View Profile

This is my last month in the VOY internship. I have had an amazing time for the past six months; I have met some pretty amazing friends and interacted intellectually with a few great minds from Africa and beyond. I have had strong critics in my posts, and had my stories read by so many people, I have pushed my mind to greater heights, interrogated concepts and beliefs, shared opinions and inspirations and most of all I have been able to discover some truth in my quest. I have exper...

Step by Step

Posted April 10, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

We all have the right to be included regardless of our race, disabilities, religion, or birth status. We should be able to actively participate in our community regardless of our disabilities. Do you believe governments and your schools are taking the right steps to include everyone? Note about the video: This OneMinutesJr. was created in Sri Lanka by Nilani Chandrakumar, 18.

Our world of information

Posted April 11, 2014 Avatar Mukhtar Muhammad

Avatar Mukhtar Muhammad View Profile

Let me take us back through memory lane. People have been creating relentless strides in regards to developing various levels considered imparting to them. A lot is given consideration to here but to which this article is the term INFORMATION. It has though taken a lot of long and shortcut pathways in its famous regalia of concern and it is as such my bone of contention here. There are definitely countless transitions through the efforts selflessly put in place by man to see information to its...

Sanitation and Humanity

Posted April 11, 2014 no picture Fredrick -Connect- Zambia

no picture Fredrick -Connect- Zambia View Profile

Water and sanitation are simply the care of water systems, be it water systems in homes or river systems. Zambia is a country rich in terms of water systems, but unfortunately Zambia has had cases of poor water sanitation. This article will also discuss the causes, effects and solutions of poor water sanitation. Poor water sanitation is brought about mainly by illiteracy and rural-urban migration. In Zambia, there are high levels of illiteracy. Most people tend to throw waste...

Who is the victim in cyber bullying?

Posted April 11, 2014 no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA

no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA View Profile

Who's the victim: the bully who was once bullied or you who are being bullied? Lately the number of bullying has increased mainly in schools and community's here in KITWE because those who are being bullied are in turn bullying others. An example is in a schools were a child who has been bullied will put his anger and frustration out on someone else on a social media platform like Facebook, Twitter and GTalk becoming a cyber bully and the chain is made. The effect of cyber bull...

Voices of Youth Inspire! Catching Waves with Easkey Britton

Posted April 10, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

Please tell us your name: Easkey Britton Your age: 28 Where are you originally from and where do you currently live? West coast of Ireland According to your business card – what’s your job title? Surfer. Scientist. Artist. Explorer. Give us 10 words that describe your typical work day? Unpredictable, flexible, freedom, elemental, challenging, inspiring, creative, communication, connection, passion. In a nutshell, how did you get to where...