introspecive experience

Posted July 20, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Legalising prostitution: the two sides of the argument

Posted July 20, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

One Saturday morning about a year back, I was walking down a road in one major suburb of Colombo (Sri Lanka’s commercial capital). It was 6 am and the road was deserted, far from the image of the bustling city you’d see in the day time. About 20 feet in front of me was a woman. Probably in her late 40s, this plump woman was eyeing both sides of the road suspiciously, walking backwards and forwards on nervous feet. I passed this woman without taking much notice that day. L...

Youth and Environment - a poem

Posted July 20, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Humans are your little kids mother, Being factors for you to bother. They cut trees & make you naked, By global warming earth is being baked. Mountains & oceans are your scenic view, Glacier outbursts & tsunamis are hurting you. Humans are being cruel, rude & selfish, Extincting are valuable plants,wildlife and fish. Teach humans mother or scold or slap, But let our offsprings play on your lap. As your kid & youth, promise I make, T...

The youth of the AIMS region (Atlantic, Indian Ocean and Mediterranean and South China Seas) decided it was time to take a stand, to create a legal entity and create a dedicated network for young people to advance their aim to promote sustainable development in the region.

"Hidden Youth": A Rising Phenomenon in Asia

Posted July 19, 2014 Avatar Grace O

Avatar Grace O View Profile

“Hidden youth” is an increasingly popular term in Hong Kong and across Asia (especially Japan). So, who are these “hidden youth”? These are young people who are neither in education nor employment, and spent most of their time at home, playing video games. They typically have limited social interactions with the outside world, and attention has been drawn to them due to extreme murder cases. “Hidden youth” have withdrawn themselves from society, unable to establish or e...

NO CHILD SHOULD BE IGNORED. SPEAK UP!

Posted July 19, 2014 no picture Fritzgeralde Georges

no picture Fritzgeralde Georges View Profile

Today, There are 1 out of 5 children that are currently being molested, raped, victimized in there very own homes. Many people underestimate Child Abuse but it is a crime. The United States have prompted stricter litigation on child predators and pornography. The question I pose, What rights do children have when the abuse is occurring in their own home? I believe that the United States and other countries that also find child abuse becoming an epidemic, should have more awareness...

BRINGING BACK OUR GIRLS TO SCHOOL AND SAFETY

Posted July 19, 2014 no picture Ma'Reke

no picture Ma'Reke View Profile

In mid-April this year, we woke up to the heart-breaking news that over 200 girls were taken hostage from a secondary school at Chibok, Borno state, North-Eastern Nigeria. Although, this was one in the series of the stories of insurgency in Nigeria, things took a new turn. A month after the awful event, it became global news after much protesting and campaigning-including the popular #BringBackOurGirls on Twitter. Every news media ran a story or more on the unfortunate happening, c...

Palestine talks to come

Posted July 19, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Chile has the biggest Palestinian community outside the Arab world and that has been shown all over the country thanks to many peaceful manifestations with the participation and support of Palestinian, Chilean , foreigners and Jewish people who don’t support the genocide that’s taking place right now, I am currently in talks to post something and share with you more about this topic. hope you life the video for now :)

Tourism great wonder

Posted July 19, 2014 no picture Ericsson

no picture Ericsson View Profile

TOURISM My most interesting topic was absolutely tourism. It was the topic I enjoyed and caught my attention. One may ask what is tourism? Well tourism is any activity that involves the movement of people away from their homes to other places of interest for leisure, pleasure or studies. The commonly visited areas as such are wild life conservation areas, historical sites, museums and beaches, just to mention a few. What made me interested in this topic? First and foremos...