Another word for peace..another word for sorry

Published no picture Maya kaddah

no picture Maya kaddah

Terrorist attacks are hitting the world, from Syria to Beirut to France, and it has a name, it is called ISIS. Now every time ISIS attack, some people would immediately go on blaming Muslims around the world. What they don’t know is that ISIS and Islam are completely two different things; Islam means peace whereas ISIS means…well I can’t even get it. Thus, It will always be ISIS vs. Islam, for many reasons take these for example; ISIS believe in killing, and think...

She

Published no picture Tanusree Sen , Software Engineer

no picture Software Engineer
Tanusree Sen

The reason for my existence, the teacher of my utterance; It is ‘She’ my mother who thought me, worthy of her acceptance. Loving ‘Her’ child more than herself. Letting no harm fall on her beloved. Such is the story of the life of that one, ever comforting and all-encompassing living being one gets to know first in their lifetime-Mother. My uncle once told me the story of his pet cat, which stayed with her kittens on the attic of his house. One fateful night fire bro...

Felix is a 20 year-old young man from El Salvador. There, he studies to become a social worker. In this guest blog, Felix is calling on world leaders to put the spotlight on the violence situation happening in his country, and to work with young people to find solutions. Studying at University is the best thing that happened to me. I’m convinced that anyone who studies can get the tools, knowledge and potential to change the world. Living in the world’s murder capital...

Peace Is Our Future; Get Us Involved!

Published Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International

I am an energetic twenty-one year old girl from Jakarta, the capital city of Indonesia. I am now living in a boarding house managed by a local NGO, Sanggar Anak Akar, which provides free education for underprivileged children and young people like me. Before living in this boarding school, I lived in the slums area of Jakarta that are vulnerable to disasters like flooding. Love reading. Hate fighting. The boarding schools is for poor urban children, and I get access to a free...

Young people are making their voices heard at the World Humanitarian Summit

Published Avatar KateVOY , VOY team member

Avatar VOY team member
KateVOY

Chloe Reynaldo from the Philippines is one of the young people attending the first-ever World Humanitarian Summit in Istanbul. On Tuesday 24 May, she will speak at the Special Session on ‘Transforming Humanitarian Action with and for Young People’. To find out more check out this page and follow #ShareHumanity on Twitter. 1. According to you, why should young people care about the World Humanitarian Summit? I believe that any event concerning global welfare should be re...

Girls step up to deal with crises

Published Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International

VICKY, 19, FROM EL SALVADOR "Violence exists everywhere in the world, but in my country, we have one of the highest murder rates in the world. Last year 575 women were murdered – 3 women every other day – and just 11% of those cases ended-up in trial. When walking in the streets or even at school, the threat of being raped is omnipresent. The threat of being abused in school is so high that it is a barrier to education. "But I try to be part of the solution by providing wo...

"We are agents of change"

Published Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International

My Name is Wantoe. I am 21 years old and I was born in Liberia. My own country, Liberia, endured 15 years of civil conflict and just as we were recovering we became victims of the Ebola pandemic, with over 10,600 cases and 4800 deaths. When the Ministry of Health announced that the Ebola virus had crossed over into the country, I was in a state of denial, it was difficult, every part of the city of Monrovia, was like a civil war. As youth groups, originally working to prevent v...

BECAUSE YOU DESERVE IT

Published Avatar Mjtorres , Student

Mjtorres

In a garden full of thorns, there would be a flower that would get your attention. There would be an outcast that would make other things pretty and bright. As life goes by there would be hardships that would certainly bring you down but you are here because you deserve life. You may think that life isn't for everyone but let me tell you that you need to think twice if your view about having this life is like that. When you were born that's already a gift, you are lucky because...

Anyone can be an online activist! – And why become one?

Published no picture Abdur Rafay Usmani

no picture Abdur Rafay Usmani

Is there a cause you deeply support? Everyone has one. Some want an end to a regional conflict, others want to prevent one from occurring, some want greater rights for an underprivileged group and some want to halt the destruction being done to mankind’s heritage. But given the grinding daily routine many of us have, can it possible to play an active part in promoting positive change? Yes, it is. When we picture an activist, we imagine someone who takes part in street pro...

VOY across the world