My Advice to Next Year's High School Freshman

Posted Avatar Rikyelle , Student

Rikyelle

Yo,It's Riky,I'm a high school senior who's graduating in a few months to come and I'd like to give a piece of advice to people who will be in high school next academic year.If I could says something to my younger self on entering high school, it would be this:Love yourself and stay true to who you are, because you're going to change a lot; your mentality, your entourage, and your perspective of the world, among other things, will change drastically over the years to come. People will sometimes...

WHY should I get out of bed while others sleep?

Posted no picture Nada Alshikh , Student

Nada Alshikh

One day I met a girl by chance and we talked about a writer and inspirational speaker called Simon Sinek. This writer wrote a book, called "Start with Why?", which answers the question: Why are some companies or some people more successful than others? Or how can I best move towards my goal more?In fact, I did not read the book, but I saw a lecture by Simon Sinek on TED Talk discussing the idea of the book. Sinek addresses: Why is Apple always innovative? Or why are some people doing things beyo...

A Story of Forgiveness with Bullets

Posted Avatar Matthew Rindel , The Nguvu Man

Avatar The Nguvu Man
Matthew Rindel

I am South African. For what it is worth, I come from one of the most diverse countries in the world, with 11 official languages and a cosmopolitan society which features the wisps of souls from every corner of the Earth. While I have never been to places like the USA, Sweden, Kenya or Zimbabwe, I have been able to envisage each by the strength of the words and conviction shared by people I have met originating from those places. There are even more I could name, because my life has had encount...

A Wingless Dream

Posted Avatar Soulfully, A Butterfly , Psychology Student, Mental Health Activist, International Youth Representative

Avatar Psychology Student, Mental Health Activist, International Youth Representative
Soulfully, A Butterfly

Love gives you wings, They sing. But if its two souls intertwined, That you define. The flight, Is nothing but a cheap glint. Love is but a dream, It’s never weak But a peak, On the horizon’s seams. Love in not only for two, But for a chorus, Of a never ending sheet. It is a united beat, Of every heart in synch. In love there is nothing, About your racist thinking. And it is love, Which defines, A united globe. It is a stove. For success. If only you knew, Or com...

Thank You

Posted no picture Cailey Larmore

no picture Cailey Larmore

Do you feel it?The pulse beating in the side streets,Haunting our TV screens,Pounding in my head as I speakBecause there’s so much to doI should write this down soonI’m always short of precious timeCaffeine fueled, needing that American Dream, right?One of my beloved elementary teachers told meThat Santa Clara used to be all treesAll fruit, all leaves, All orchard, all aroundUntil the wildlife was severed from the groundBut not on purpose! that’s just the way it evolvedBesides, we need technolog...

BEAUTY; In our own way

Posted no picture Francesc

no picture Francesc

Beauty is a thought, it is a feeling. It is a feeling of calm even if everything else seems out of place. Beauty is a thought of perfection even when there is evidence all is not perfect. It is a feeling that there is no wrong. It is a feeling that spurs expectation for the future. It is seen in every thing, in every way, In the green, the leaves blossom, In the blue, the sky smiles, It is in the smile of a little baby, a blessing to us all. The chirping of the birds, the galloping of the horse...

International Vacancies - UNV and UNICEF Youth Advocates Programme

Posted Avatar MischaVOY , Voices of Youth Team

Avatar Voices of Youth Team
MischaVOY

Below is a list of international vacancies that are part of the Youth Advocates Programme. Please visit the United Nations Volunteers website here to search and apply for the positions.For further information, please contact unv@unicef.org BeninUNICEF Youth Advocate for Monitoring and Evaluation Cotonou, BeninComoros (the)UNICEF Youth Advocate for Partnership, Advocacy and Reporting Moroni, Comoros Congo (the)UNICEF Youth Advocate for Technology, Youth and Innovation Brazzaville, Congo EritreaU...

National Vacancies - UNV and UNICEF Youth Advocates Programme

Avatar Voices of Youth Team
MischaVOY

Below is a list of national vacancies that are part of the Youth Advocates Programme. Please visit the United Nations Volunteers website here to search and apply for the positions.For further information, please contact unv@unicef.orgAlgeriaUNICEF Youth Advocate for Technology, Youth and Innovation Algiers, AlgeriaAngolaUNICEF Youth Advocate for Social Protection Luanda, AngolaUNICEF Youth Advocate for Social ProtectionLuanda, AngolaAzerbaijanUNICEF Youth Advocate for Technology, Youth, and Inno...

Student Stress

Posted no picture Kayla Riggs , Student

Kayla Riggs

“Wish we could turn back time, to the good old days/ When our momma sang us to sleep but now we’re stressed out.” In 2015, when Twenty One Pilots released their now infamous single, “Stressed Out,” these memorable lyrics reverberated throughout houses, schools, and stores, causing the song to eventually reach the #5 spot on Billboard’s “Year End Charts Hot 100” in 2016. There is a reason, however, as to why this song became instantly popular–– and it is not due to its unique baseline or its nost...

VOY across the world