Step by Step

Posted April 10, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

We all have the right to be included regardless of our race, disabilities, religion, or birth status. We should be able to actively participate in our community regardless of our disabilities. Do you believe governments and your schools are taking the right steps to include everyone? Note about the video: This OneMinutesJr. was created in Sri Lanka by Nilani Chandrakumar, 18.

Our world of information

Posted April 11, 2014 Avatar Mukhtar Muhammad

Avatar Mukhtar Muhammad View Profile

Let me take us back through memory lane. People have been creating relentless strides in regards to developing various levels considered imparting to them. A lot is given consideration to here but to which this article is the term INFORMATION. It has though taken a lot of long and shortcut pathways in its famous regalia of concern and it is as such my bone of contention here. There are definitely countless transitions through the efforts selflessly put in place by man to see information to its...

Sanitation and Humanity

Posted April 11, 2014 no picture Fredrick -Connect- Zambia

no picture Fredrick -Connect- Zambia View Profile

Water and sanitation are simply the care of water systems, be it water systems in homes or river systems. Zambia is a country rich in terms of water systems, but unfortunately Zambia has had cases of poor water sanitation. This article will also discuss the causes, effects and solutions of poor water sanitation. Poor water sanitation is brought about mainly by illiteracy and rural-urban migration. In Zambia, there are high levels of illiteracy. Most people tend to throw waste...

Who is the victim in cyber bullying?

Posted April 11, 2014 no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA

no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA View Profile

Who's the victim: the bully who was once bullied or you who are being bullied? Lately the number of bullying has increased mainly in schools and community's here in KITWE because those who are being bullied are in turn bullying others. An example is in a schools were a child who has been bullied will put his anger and frustration out on someone else on a social media platform like Facebook, Twitter and GTalk becoming a cyber bully and the chain is made. The effect of cyber bull...

Voices of Youth Inspire! Catching Waves with Easkey Britton

Posted April 10, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

Please tell us your name: Easkey Britton Your age: 28 Where are you originally from and where do you currently live? West coast of Ireland According to your business card – what’s your job title? Surfer. Scientist. Artist. Explorer. Give us 10 words that describe your typical work day? Unpredictable, flexible, freedom, elemental, challenging, inspiring, creative, communication, connection, passion. In a nutshell, how did you get to where...

Greening the Grey in Kwacha Community

Posted April 10, 2014 Avatar Emmanuel_Connect_Zambia

Avatar Emmanuel_Connect_Zambia View Profile

Chipembele is a club at Mitanto Secondary school in Kitwe, Zambia. It discusses more about the environment, like how to keep it clean and safe. It also works in collaboration with NGOs like UNICEF in Zambia. With the help of UNICEF, our club has contributed to the development of our community through sensitization in schools. We do exercises like tree planting which contributes to the maintainance of nature through oxygen production and provisioning of services like oxygen and be...

"We Need More Communication!" Let's Vote!

Posted April 9, 2014 no picture Rizqi Ashfina Rahmaddina Siregar

no picture Rizqi Ashfina Rahmaddina Siregar View Profile

Let's vote! That's the translation of the video's title. And yes! Yesterday was the general election peeps! I am so happy to share with you my first time ever involved in such a big event, on a national scale, which happens once every five years! Personally, celebrating the coming of a general election in 2014 was such a great honor. This is my first time I contributed to give my voting right. Although most people above my age said that the atmosphere during the time of thi...

We need a better environment

Posted April 9, 2014 no picture Beatrix Cendana

no picture Beatrix Cendana View Profile

Global warming has actually been a main issue on our earth. Everyone knows that, but what are we going to do? Nothing? We are trying this year to solve the problem but it‘s not enough. Now the planet is warmer and time is passing by, especially in the polar region. So I have a good question for all of you young people, what can you do to prevent this situation? This is unstoppable and we must slow all the effects of global warming down. Let's look to the future and imagine wh...

Quest for Internet Access at Luanshya Secondary School

Posted April 8, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The internet has become part of our everyday life because of its ease access and diversity. Today, pupils from Luanshya Boys Secondary School on the Copperbelt Province of Zambia took part in a training on Connect. The training was blended with sessions on how to avoid plagiarism, re-blogs, and ways of creating a realist, achiveable and time-bound action-plan. The school received a router to enhance easy internet access to the pupils. This was done in a quest to assist pupils to sh...