Campus: Then What? Success?

Posted Avatar Grace Kiunga

Avatar Grace Kiunga View Profile

So I am just wondering, what are the options open for me after I graduate? I am visualizing what will transpire when I meet up with my classmates five years down the line and I can only imagine the different lifestyles we will be having. One will be sending wedding invites to me, overjoyed that she is getting married while some of us will be jealous of her. Another one will already have had two children and a third one on the way, and that is most probably the one who used to air f...

Youth Assembly at the United Nations: Time to Unite Youth!

Posted Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi

Avatar Syed Mahmood Kazmi View Profile

Once again, I was honored to join hands together with my young leaders in organizing an incredible event. Yes, The Youth Assembly took place from Feb. 11-12 at the United Nations headquarters in New York. The exciting event brought together almost 500 Youth leaders and social entrepreneurs from more than 30 countries. The theme of the event was, "Bridging the Gap Between Youth Employment and Global Development". The Youth Assembly has been founded and organized by the Friendship...

They bullied us, now we are stronger !

Posted Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui

Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui View Profile

My parents had me after eight years of marriage; I was their first child and you can imagine what kind of a treatment I had. I was a loved kid and both of them tried to provide me with everything I needed. Without a bad intention, but rather out of a pure love, my mother did not pay attention to my diet, so I grew up as an overweight child. Before school I did not understand what the word ‘fat’ meant but after my first day there I knew that I was different, physically speak...

SHOULD FREEDOM OF PRESS/SPEECH BE ABUSED?

Posted Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

Freedom of Speech or Free Speech as called by many is a basic human right as recognized by the United Nations and the International community. Article 19 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights as proclaimed by the United Nations' General Assembly states that: "Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless...

Together we can end adolescent AIDS.

Posted Avatar Artemis B.

Avatar Artemis B. View Profile

As you may have understood, from previous posts (here and here) the issue of HIV/AIDS, is probably more important for me than ever. As a result, the campaign that has started, in order to end adolescent AIDS, could not leave me uninterested. Especially when we talk about ages that are so close to mine. Most of us have heard of HIV/AIDS - how it is being transmitted and what are the ways to prevent it - but not everyone. According to the website allintoendadolescentaids.org/, 2,10...

KELILALINA TEAM GLOBE

Posted no picture teamkely4_connect_Madagascar

no picture teamkely4_connect_Madagascar View Profile

Hi everybody! The group “Akaka” from the Globe at Kelilalina is happy to talk to you. We are among the Globe program, so thanks to connecting classroom we can communicate with you. What we need for the connecting classroom and globe is willingness. Our connecting classroom is wonderful because teachers are not lazy and students too. The benefits of doing connecting classroom are: - Computing lesson - Creation of an email address - Communication with students in the...

Deah/Razon/Yusor Support

Posted no picture Kristen Unger

no picture Kristen Unger View Profile

Hello- I'm just finishing the Physical Therapy program at Elon University, and would just like to say how sorry I am for the loss of Deah, Yusor, and Razon. I was (and still am) absolutely heart broken when I first heard the news, and think about the 3 winners every day. I'm also shocked by the lackluster response of mainstream media, and of the absolutely hateful comments being made online towards the Muslim-American community. If there is anything, anything at all, that you know of that can be...

Climate Mappers Needed!

Posted Avatar ZaynVOY

Avatar ZaynVOY View Profile

We're looking for more mappers to bring child & youth voices to the Sendai Conference. To apply submit this form by Friday, February 20th, 2015. Last September some of you helped us create a digital map showing the challenges and the positive actions taken around the world to address environmental issues. This year we would like to expand this map and tackle the impact of disasters on our communities. Has your neighborhood ever been flooded by heavy rain? Do you s...

World Radio Day - Portrait 2

Posted Avatar MischaVOY

Avatar MischaVOY View Profile

Radio is a very active media, even the poor can afford it. Join Neema Charles Mchachu, a Tanzanian young reporter, and her story about the impact of radio on her life.

VOY across the world