Posted by KateVOY

Q&A with 16-year-old filmmaker from Albania

Greis Osmani is a 16-year-old girl from Albania, and recently took part in a One Minutes Jr. workshop in her country. She created a thought-provoking video about youth culture, poverty, and how we all fit into that. We asked her a couple of questions about the video: What is your vi...

First of all Happy New Year to everyone at VOY! This is more of a reflective post than anything so please forgive me! As 2014 the one thing that remained the same was my love for VOY and the platform they offer! I always like to tell people I write on VOY, I learn so much when I read a lot of other contributors and the amazing bloggers! However once I began to enter the second year of my studies, I did not actually realise how much work went into the first semester! The speed o...

Saving the environment starts with you

Posted no picture Rizqi Ashfina Rahmaddina Siregar

no picture Rizqi Ashfina Rahmaddina Siregar View Profile

When we talk about environment, we may think that it is normative word that we have always heard. Many environment-related campaigns are everywhere most of the days. In the first place, I was that person who thought so, when I did not know anything about this earth. I did hear about global warming, but I had never understood the true meaning of it. That is until I grew up here, in South Jakarta. Ten years ago, I lived in Central Jakarta that was known as dense region in the Jak...

Can we really change something...?

Posted no picture Pia Fleig

no picture Pia Fleig View Profile

Yesterday, I had a talk with someone who, at times, I would call suicidal. He told me he was considering driving onto a tree, a fact which shattered me so badly I couldn’t sleep most of the night – given the fact that he had, at one point, after a simple “thanks”, turned off his phone and I didn’t know if he was still alive. He’s one of those gifted people, a great musician who lives for his passion only. He is, what comes with this a little lopsided lifestyle, extr...

A Purpose-Driven [2015]

Posted Avatar Anisah

Avatar Anisah View Profile
Have you ever wondered, “What is my purpose in life?” Lord knows I have. I think it’s safe to say that discovering your purpose in life then working towards that purpose is what almost every human being undertakes as a goal. Purpose is what gives our lives meaning. So, how do you know what your purpose is? How do you know how to utilize your purpose for the benefit of yourself, your family, your community, the whole world and ultimately God, Himself?

Source: http://hurt2healingmag.com/a-purpose-driven-2014/

Have you ever wondered, “What is my purpose in life?” Lord knows I have. I think it’s safe to say that discovering your purpose in life then working towards that purpose is what almost every human being undertakes as a goal. Purpose is what gives our lives meaning. So, how do you know what your purpose is? How do you know how to utilize your purpose for the benefit of yourself, your family, your community, the whole world and ultimately God, Himself? I would like to quote...

Technology has helped to shape the world positively in so many ways, one of which is communication. Since the advancement of science and technology especially in this 21st century, communication has gotten better and the gap which had existed for years has been bridged. Individuals rarely subscribe to post offices or mail bags to send letters to their acquaintances and family members since the introduction of electronic mailing (email web messaging). This has aided the sharin...

Women's rights, freedom and religion in the MENA region (2)

Posted no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

In the previous post, we talked a little about freedom of women in a patriarchal society and I find it essential to ask the question: how does the situation of women look like in the region of MENA? Women in my country –Algeria-, and in my region, are oppressed and most of the times for religious reasons; I’m sorry, I have nothing, absolutely nothing, against religions but I do have a lot of things to say about religious-men, especially those who call themselves “pious”...

Women's rights, freedom and religion in the MENA region (1)

Posted no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

I talked last time about honor killings in the region of MENA; it’s a critical problem that no one can deny! I had some thoughts about the issue and I tried to share them, I hope I’ve done well. Well, generally when we speak about honor killings, we speak about “freedom” and “individual liberties” because it’s all related. There are no doubts that the situation of “freedom” in the region of MENA is not good at all, we still didn’t get the fact that personal...

Having Natural Hair in Africa

Posted Avatar Grace Kiunga

Avatar Grace Kiunga View Profile

The look of the hair on my head is the look of a wool. The texture is course. But surprisingly I am so in love with my hair that I can’t imagine having any other type of hair. I remember back in primary school my mum used to tame my hair in cornrows that I would have for one or two weeks before they were redone. The texture of my hair was not a big deal then because cornrows worked for me. In high school before I opened for school, I would go to a salon to have my hair blow d...

RELIGION, RADICALISM & TERRORISM - Two Parallels and a Bridge

Posted Avatar Maurice VOY

Avatar Maurice VOY View Profile

Religion is a form of organized belief or ideology that guides a group of people. Religion is as old as history itself. There are so many religions recognized world over, which include: Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, Hinduism and the Chinese Folk Religion. There are many others but these are the largest religious groups in the world today. Religion is supposed to be practised without any form of interference because we are free moral agents, thus entitled to our individual...

VOY across the world