Change for the Better?

Published no picture Kelley Yuan

no picture Kelley Yuan

Medical schools across the USA are changing the way students learn medicine. In 2013, the AMA (American Medical Association) launched the Accelerating Change in Medical Education Initiative, awarding grants to schools implementing bold, innovative proposals to bring medical teaching to the 21st century. However, with these new changes we risk losing the strengths of previous teaching methods. These upcoming changes should be applied extremely carefully, if not seriously reconsidere...

The Woman

Published Avatar Liv Brako-Hiapah , Student/ Blogger

Avatar Student/ Blogger
Liv Brako-Hiapah

The woman is to be loved The woman is to be protected The woman is to be seen as equal Not superior, not inferior But equal Equality means justice for all The woman faces many injustices Not just in the workplace But in the community too All this must come to and end Just like everything will come to an end

The Alluring Call of Simplicity

Published no picture Kaan Kabalak , English Literature Student

no picture English Literature Student
Kaan Kabalak

What is so irresistible about the popular culture of the United States of America? Why do individuals of different nations, nations which have a profound cultural background, let several aspects of American culture flow into their lives so easily? What makes a young English gentleman drink a hazelnut macchiato instead of 5 o’clock tea? What makes a French woman eat McDonalds instead of a meal from the very extensive French cuisine? What makes a hot dog more attractive than kebab...

Renewable Energy's Potential: Driving Growth in a New Policy Landscape

Published Avatar Maria,R Al , PWD & Social Development

Avatar PWD & Social Development
Maria,R Al

In December 2015, during the world Paris Climate Conference (COP21) countries around the world have been submitting their pledges to the United Unions (UN), demonstrating their intended contributions to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions. Besides to their potential economic benefits, renewable energy projects can assist in changing the traditional policies, particularly the environmental ones and it can be considered as a good opportunity to move away from the heavy reliance on...

Emotionless

Published no picture Lucky , Graduate

no picture Graduate
Lucky

“Artists use lies to tell the truth. Yes, I created a lie. But because you believed it, you found something true about yourself." - Alan Moore Jazz music soothes my soul and breaks my very limitations. However, my interest in jazz isn’t a complete motivation in itself. I never love something without having a strong reason. Dear reader, I do not intend to startle you. Neither the core of my story nor its beginning appeals to you. Yet, my identity might be my golden ti...

The Moral Machine

Published Avatar Banni Bestina , German Literature Student

Avatar German Literature Student
Banni Bestina

“The Moral Machine is a platform for gathering a human perspective on moral decisions made by machine intelligence, such as self-driving cars. We generate moral dilemmas, where a driverless car must choose the lesser of two evils, such as killing two passengers or five pedestrians. As an outside observer, people judge which outcome they think is more acceptable. They can then see how their responses compare with other people.” I was just browsing the Internet when I bumped...

#handekaderesesver

Published no picture Idil Kına

no picture Idil Kına

Last week in İstanbul, a woman named Hande Kader was burned to death. She was only 23 years old. She was a transsexual woman, a sex worker and an activist. Her murder was a hate crime, 4 men forcefully held her, tortured her and then burned her alive. But this blog won't be about the people who murdered her. I won't curse them, I won't shout "what kind of monsters there are on this earth?" Because the thing is, there is no such thing as a monster. There are just us humans. Hum...

We are one

Published Avatar Nathalia Khawand

Avatar Nathalia Khawand

I close my eyes The sunlight still bright behind my eyelids I feel it on my skin Burning like a flame Filling my body with heat Warming the blood pumping through my veins I lay back, slowly, carefully Until I feel the earth’s cold skin Sharp like a knife against the warmth of my back Sending a wave of shock through my body The breath of god enters my soul Fills my lungs with purity so strong I stretch my arms left and right Touch the dry mud...

VOY Inspire : Young Hero Priya Verma

Published no picture RENU , MRS

no picture MRS
RENU

I am Renu. I had the opportunity to interview Ms. Priya Verma the famous young innovator and environmentalist of India. The interview is given below. Hello Priya, how are you? I am fine. You are an innovator. Tell us about you and your innovation on which you are working for water conservation? I am Priya Verma (24 Years) an innovator, accredited writer and a young environmentalist. My pioneer work is on the conservation and preservation of precious water in the wor...

VOY across the world