Child Labor in India

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture Angel

no picture Angel View Profile

Did you know that India has the largest amount of child laborers in the world? Human Rights Watch states, “More children in India work than anywhere else in the world”. There are 100-150 million children from ages 5 to 14 working, and nearly half of those children (at least 44 million) are engaged in hazardous work. This is now a big problem in India that has to be taken care of. As stated by article number 32 from The Convention Of Rights Of The Children, “Governments should...

Child Labor in China

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture Ishita

no picture Ishita View Profile

Did you know that according to the China Labour Bulletin, in 2000, there were approximately 11,575,000 children at work between the ages of 10 to 14 in China? This violates article 32 of the Convention of Rights of The Child, which states, “You have the right to protection from work that harms you, and is bad for your health and prevents you from receiving an education. If you work, you have the right to be safe and paid fairly.” Even though the minimum age for work in China is...

Child Labor In Indonesia

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture William

no picture William View Profile

In Indonesia there are 3.2 million children working, doing the worst kinds of labor. The Indonesian government has done little to tackle this problem. They have set up laws that say all children must finish high school but many families lack the money to do so. The children decide to go to work. In all this violates the following articles of the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. Article 19, governments should make sure children are properly treated, 28, right to education,...

Child Sexual Abuse In The USA

Posted December 15, 2014 no picture Gio Dimalanta

no picture Gio Dimalanta View Profile

Child sexual abuse in the United States of America has decreased greatly because of UNICEF’s tremendous efforts against it, in fact, according to Darkness to Light organisation, encounters of child abuse have been declining, with the number of incidents reported reduced by 47% from 1993 to 2005. However, D2L (Darkness To Light) still concludes that 400 000 babies born in the USA in 2015 will be sexually abused at some point in their childhood if nothing is done to stop the cases....

Ghana Child Mining problem

Posted December 14, 2014 no picture Pat37724

no picture Pat37724 View Profile

I am a student from a school in Jakarta called Jakarta Intercultural School, and my name is Patrick. I am writing this letter in the hopes of bringing a certain problem to attention. The problem at hand are the current situations where children are forced to work in the mines, for whatever circumstance that drives them to. In Ghana children work in mines and other places, but the most prominent problem may be mining. First of all, to give a general overview of the total situa...

Teens and HIV/AIDS

Posted December 14, 2014 Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

The HIV and AIDS awareness day was a while ago (December 1st) .A few weeks ago I watched a video from one of my role models Troye Sivan. In this video he talked about HIV and AIDS, and the importance of being informed about it. He said that some days ago he had watched a movie called The Normal Heart, it was about HIV and AIDS. He gave a brief description of the events in the movie that lead him to come to the sudden realization that him, a 19 year old gay man, who has had a ‘’...

Global Warming : A Reality or just a flawed theory?

Posted December 14, 2014 no picture Voicesofyouth22

no picture Voicesofyouth22 View Profile

Ever since i learnt about global warming and its effects, i got all geared up for doing something towards preventing it. But now, i am doubtful if is it a reality or just a theory. i have heard from both the sides and i am just confused. the layman knows that global warming is happening but the ones who have really delved in it know have divided opinions. some just acknowledge it, some say its just a lie while others strongly believe in it and its harmful effects. here is what i have gathered (f...

Do girls achieve better than boys in education due to their cultural studies?

Posted December 14, 2014 no picture Nina Porter

no picture Nina Porter View Profile

Hypothesis: Girls achieve better than boys because of their study cultures Research Methods used. Within my investigation to find whether girls achieve better than boys in education, I have included a variety of different research methods. The majority of my research was done through several questionnaires which I gave out to a range of age groups. I have collected results from applicants varying from ages 5-19 with a both balanced female and male genders. For the more mature...

Movie Review: 50/50

Posted December 13, 2014 no picture Grace O

no picture Grace O View Profile

Movie Review: “50/50” “50/50”, inspired by the true story of its screenplay writer Will Reiser, is a story about approaching sickness with the greatest treatment- friendship. Adam, played by Joseph Gordon Levitt, is diagnosed with cancer at the young age of 27. His odds of survival (as the title suggests) are 50/50. Unlike many movies, Adam doesn’t try to discover the meaning of life when he is faced with cancer. When the doctor delivers the saddening news, he reacts...