Posted by KateVOY

Q&A with 16-year-old filmmaker from Albania

Greis Osmani is a 16-year-old girl from Albania, and recently took part in a One Minutes Jr. workshop in her country. She created a thought-provoking video about youth culture, poverty, and how we all fit into that. We asked her a couple of questions about the video: What is your vi...

Is there any value in unpaid internships?

Posted Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

The recent Voices of Youth debates are dedicated to theme of internship. And the topic exactly sounds like this: “More and more young people choose to do unpaid internships, hoping that more work experience will increase their value on the job market. In your opinion, is there any value in unpaid internships? ” I would like to express my own mind towards it. I think there is obviously a value in such kind of internship. And not only “any”, but a big one! I w...

More to the Situation than "Je Suis Charlie"

Posted no picture Kriyana Reddy

no picture Kriyana Reddy View Profile

Like you probably heard, there was a terrible, cruel attack in Paris. We talked about it in my French class at school. And because I am a high school student, I didn’t know at all what I was supposed to believe. After having read and examined everything that surrounded the situation, I agree that there should exist certain parameters related to free speech and expression. All Muslims are neither terrorists nor maniacal like the three radicals who did this. I read a lot about Arab...

Hello friends, 2014 to me was a great year except for the fact that the happenings around my environment where not very pleasant to me. It was a year greeted with mixed feelings a lot happened all around the world, But in My country Nigeria, it was a year of joy and celebration to some but to others it was filled with tears and mourning as scores of job seeking youths died, school girls kidnapped by the dreaded terrorist group Boko Haram, loss of lives of great and promising pe...

Dream Your Life Away

Posted Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante

Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante View Profile

Ever since I was very young I wanted to do something larger than life. It all started with wanting to build tree houses, draw huge murals (on my wall, with finger paint) and write stories rather than play on the Gamecube or my Gameboy. Even at this young age, I wasn't complacent with being "normal" and doing what everyone else was doing. I wasn't aware that I had an inert longing to leave my mark. All these little things were the foundation of my dream. Fast forward, in eighth...

Under the snow; we freeze !

Posted Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui

Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui View Profile

Freezing under the Snow. Still, I will grow. I may be a coal Still, I have a soul They say I roam I say I used to have a home egoism and hatred Destroyed our domes Freezing under the snow Still, we will grow Home is the sky tonight Fire is our light It is cold inside Together we will be The children, the refugees The future is ours to see Freezing under the sky Still, we will fight Million roses on the sight We...

VOY Blogging Internship - Definitely worth it

Posted no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

I wondered what I would make my last post about, I thought whether it should be about the achievements of 2014 and looking forward to 2015 or a profile of myself or one last piece about the qualified right of freedom of speech versus tolerance. I think a piece on the internship is definitely what I will go for. I was on holiday in Belgium when I received the news that I had been successful in my application to be a Voices of Youth blogging intern. I have always had a love for wri...

Let's make Mexico a more prosperous country

Posted Avatar ROCIO AMADO TORRES

Avatar ROCIO AMADO TORRES View Profile

It's time to think about the country's youth as Mexico's present! We are the generation of youth that has the responsibility to turn Mexico into a prosperous, fair and democratic country. According to the INEGI in Mexico, are about 36 million young people between the ages of 12 and 29 this year, ie, approximately 30 percent of the population in the country consists of young people. We the millions of young men and women are the heart of our Mexico. However, in our country w...

L’année 2014 a été une année de grandes surprises et a été émaillée par plusieurs événements qui ont marqué l’attention nationale et internationale. Ainsi, je voudrais par ces quelques lignes en retracer les grands moments de l’actu en 2014. Le début de l’année 2014 a été marquée l’élimination par le Ghana de l’équipe nationale les léopards des locaux en Afrique du Sud appelé « Le Championnat d'Afrique des nations de football" (CHAN 2014). En effe...

Présentation Team Frrrruité !!!

Posted no picture MAPS FRANCE TEAM FRRRRUITE

no picture MAPS FRANCE TEAM FRRRRUITE View Profile

VOY across the world