We need a better environment

Posted April 9, 2014 no picture Beatrix Cendana

no picture Beatrix Cendana View Profile

Global warming has actually been a main issue on our earth. Everyone knows that, but what are we going to do? Nothing? We are trying this year to solve the problem but it‘s not enough. Now the planet is warmer and time is passing by, especially in the polar region. So I have a good question for all of you young people, what can you do to prevent this situation? This is unstoppable and we must slow all the effects of global warming down. Let's look to the future and imagine wh...

Quest for Internet Access at Luanshya Secondary School

Posted April 8, 2014 Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia

Avatar Brighton_EduConnect_Zambia View Profile

The internet has become part of our everyday life because of its ease access and diversity. Today, pupils from Luanshya Boys Secondary School on the Copperbelt Province of Zambia took part in a training on Connect. The training was blended with sessions on how to avoid plagiarism, re-blogs, and ways of creating a realist, achiveable and time-bound action-plan. The school received a router to enhance easy internet access to the pupils. This was done in a quest to assist pupils to sh...

Show How You Can Make "Peace in the Streets"

Posted April 8, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

Peace in the Streets Call for Submissions Make a 1-3 minute film on how you would make peace in the streets. Tell your story of peace through a film. This is your chance to engage with others, speak, and act towards a peaceful world. Who Can Make a Film? There are three age categories and will have winners from each age group. You can include as many people as you want in your video, be sure to include names. Deadline for entries is May 31, 2014. 8 and under...

As a Global Youth Ambassador for A World at School, I want to call attention to the 57 million children around the world are currently being denied their human right to an education. I am joined in this initiative by 500 other youth advocates for global education. Together, we make up the Global Youth Ambassadors group – launched on April 1, 2014 by the United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and the United Nations Special Envoy for Global Education Gordon Brown in suppo...

You have the Power to Change Our Facebook Timeline!

Posted April 7, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

Empower Yourself and Others Around You with the Team Selfie! What do we take a picture of? - Gather your teammates, friends, schoolmates, or take your own selfie - Maybe your team just had your first practice outside together – take a selfie! Show your strength through a picture– this is YOU! How do we submit our team selfie? - Click the blue create a post - You can either 1) Click Text Article and follow the instructions to fill out a post. Once y...

Is sex just a social union?

Posted April 6, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

no picture Victor Brown Omovbude View Profile

Many a time, I have tried to survey and parry the questioning effect on sex and its constituents. I believe it is a redefined commitment entitled to both parties (man & woman) on a divine standard. The world we live in today defines sex as a 'social commitment', which is a taboo to fundamental notions displayed from old definition. From the old definition, sex occurs after a marriage right is fulfilled - which connects a man and a woman perfectly together. Today, sex, is now seen as an avenu...

A Student From New York Was Accepted To All 8 Ivy League Schools In America

Posted April 5, 2014 Avatar S.Justice

Avatar S.Justice View Profile

A 17 year old boy has recently been accepted to all TOP 8 Ivy League Schools in America. We should be so proud that one of our children of 2014 has achieved something really immense, instead of being a typical kid who is interested in all social media such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Tumblr. He decided to take his brain to the next level and read books, study constantly, and go to school. This boy reminds me of my brother, my brother is 21 years old. He is my inspration bec...

Save Children Through Education

Posted April 4, 2014 Avatar Thinley

Avatar Thinley View Profile

Every child is born with the right to education. Education is the most important aspect in every child's life. It prevents them from getting their dreams crushed. Because if their dreams are crushed, their mental and physical abilities will go down. Every child living in any country has the sole right of getting an education. Detaining children in the streets just because of the color of their skin, caste or religion is just wrong and is against the law. The constitution is there t...

Cyberbullying: all you need to know on VOY

Posted April 3, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

In case you've missed them over the months, we have some great resources on cyberbullying and online safety here on VOY: -Tips & hints -Videos -Research Remember - when you post online you post to the world.