Posted by KristenVOY

Water is...

On World Water Water Day we celebrate clean water! No one can doubt the significance water has t...

Catharsis

Posted Avatar Juana S. , Area Coordinator

Avatar Area Coordinator
Juana S.

Fear and distress she had plenty. To this day her heart still aches with grief. A grief that is suppressed, kept, hidden; a kind of pain she chooses to conceal. A kind of sorrow only she knew how to battle and win over. Her pen became her sword and her smile became her armor. This is how she heals. This is how she triumphs. After all, she is her own hero.

A Positive Dent

Posted Avatar Khishigjargal Enkhbayar , UN Youth Advisory Panel in Mongolia

Avatar UN Youth Advisory Panel in Mongolia
Khishigjargal Enkhbayar

For millennia, the Mongolian nomads have moved from place to place, leaving their legacy not on large tombs or castles, but in stories and proverbs. One of these proverbs is "First, develop yourself. Then develop your home. After that - develop your nation". It sounds much better in my mother tongue, but this proverb holds all that I am and much more. My priority is to develop myself as much as possible so that I can be an asset to my country. I have been deeply involved in y...

Welcome our new VOY Blogging Interns!

Posted Avatar KristenVOY , KristenVOY

Avatar KristenVOY
KristenVOY

Hi there VOY community! We are excited to introduce you to our 12 AMAZING interns for the VOY Climate and Environment Blogging Internship! From the snow capped highlands of Mongolia to the arid deserts of Australia, our interns are from around the world offering different perspectives, experiences and writing styles. They’re here to raise their voice on topics that are important to them, including one of the world’s most pressing issues- climate change and the environme...

A Punk Rocker's Dream of Changing the World

Posted no picture Stian T. Eriksen

no picture Stian T. Eriksen

Here's the thing about life. I haven't really lived it all the way through yet, so I can't tell you what it is about or what you're supposed to do with it. What I can tell you, is how I figured out how I want to live mine. I´ll take you through where and how my dreams of exposing the truth regarding climate change and humanitarian crises began. So let´s go back to the last six years of my life in record time. Get to know me, my path and why I choose to dream about changing an ent...

"My friend, that's the power of writing"

Posted no picture Idil Kına , Medical Student

no picture Medical Student
Idil Kına

I'm not wealthy. I'm not in a powerful position. I don't have that much muscle power. My demographic background doesn't give me much advantage. My gender and sexual orientation aren't much respected either. I have friends (very good ones), but I can't always reach them when I need. I spend my life defending the things people are either afraid of or don't care to defend. I am open, I am vulnerable, I am sad. But among all, I have one power. No matter how torn a...

The Stitch Up

Posted no picture Kelepi Baba

no picture Kelepi Baba

The year was 2016. The month, December. The stock markets high. The punishing sun of an Australian summer was beating down…and I was about to get stitched up. Now, in truth, I’m uncertain whether a ‘stitch-up’ is a purely Australian slang term, but either way, here’s the Urban Dictionary definition: “A set up, a trick. If someone stitches you up, then they’re playing you for a fool.” In Australia, there’s a general culture of your boss making fun of you...

In Remembrance of World Poetry Day

Posted no picture Aymen Zaheer

no picture Aymen Zaheer

Today the world is taking its advance paces in every walk of life. Apprenticeship always demands time - both in science and arts. Unlike painting and sculpturing, poetry is beyond this term. It is personal and non-transferable gifted trait of the poet. It pulsates right from his birth and ends on his death bed. His verses resurrect frequently. A poet is a person who has humanitarian instinct which is further elevated by sensitivity and tenderness of nature. It is the subtlest g...

Some thoughts about the social change

Posted Avatar γωγώ αλεξάνδρου , Psychology student

Avatar Psychology student
γωγώ αλεξάνδρου

You can not wait of the others to make the difference you want in the world and I realized that when I was only 11 years old. I remember that the above detection resulted after the enormous ecological destruction, which happened in Greece in 2007, and the following environmental awareness. Since then this powerful feeling of holding my fate in my hands has become a lifestyle. As I was growing up, I started to realize more and more that this world is full of flaws and that a la...

Psychological disorders: what are they?

Posted Avatar Yvonne Wabai , Student, Writer, Scientist, Kenya's Ambassador to Tunza Eco-Generation and W.Y.A. member.

Avatar Student, Writer, Scientist, Kenya's Ambassador to Tunza Eco-Generation and W.Y.A. member.
Yvonne Wabai

Did you know that 20% of the world's population suffers from psychological disorders? Going by the current world population, listed by the U.N as 7 billion, that's 1.2 billion people who struggle with mental health conditions. In Kenya, 1 in every 4 people is likely to suffer from mental illness in their lifetime , yet the country has only 88 psychiatrists and 427 nurses qualified to handle the illnesses in the 14 mental health hospitals, which have a bed capacity of between 15...

VOY across the world