Double Standards of Global Disasters

Published no picture Ifrah Ariff

no picture Ifrah Ariff

Have you ever felt like you are extensively updated about some topics in the news but know nothing about other issues? Have you every felt like 'double standards' exist in the media? If so, you are not alone. I'd like to bring up the topic of 'Media Bias' in the wake of the recent Paris attacks. The event had extensive media coverage and it received a global public outcry. The Paris attack was a heinous crime where scores of people were robbed of their lives. It was painfully r...

You Never Try, You Never Know

Published Avatar Gerald , Mr

Avatar Mr

Early last year, I started working on a professional life planning process. It included where I was then, what I wanted to become professionally within the next three to five years, the skills I would have to focus on building, and the organization I could potentially work with to fulfil these goals. In between I was in my final year of college majoring Economics, but education had become my passion. Unfortunately, I couldn’t turn back the hands of time. I knew I had to fulfill...

Published Avatar Imen Al-Nighaoui , Translator | Writer | Human Rights Activist

Avatar Translator | Writer | Human Rights Activist
Imen Al-Nighaoui

Imagine a world without borders. A world without countries, flags, nationalities. Imagine a world with just people, living together regardless their differences. Accepting each other without prejudges. Respecting one another without hatred. Imagine a world; our world is like a neighborhood. People are living together like neighbors. Humans with different backgrounds, beliefs, ideologies, doctrines, races, languages are living together peacefully. Imagine you and me, two diffe...

Because we are happy.

Published Avatar Zuhal Murat , Pharmacist to be

Avatar Pharmacist to be
Zuhal Murat

I'm pretty sure that you also checked something to be more happy. Searching for inspirations. Quotes, photos, some pictures on your cellphone's wallpaper, somethings on your wall to remind that how powerful you are,how amazing you are,"dreams and goals" stuff, so on and so forth. My name is Zuhal. I am living in Turkey as a pharmacy student. And that issue has caught my attention, when i was wasting time on social media. "Oh you feel demotivated and uninspired? Then slice s...

Letter from The Homeless

Published no picture Olivia

no picture Olivia

Hi , Do you ever feel the slightest bit of sympathy for that homeless guy on the street? Do you ever feel the slightest bit of sympathy for the children running around looking malnourished Honey, do you ever dear to stop and ask yourself if these little children hawking have gone school today? Have you ever stopped to ask that pregnant woman with worn out clothes at the edge of the street if she has eaten today or perhaps share her story with you? Have you...

Humanity Pt. 2 - Almost a week since Paris

Published Avatar Onnolee Brown , Student, Future Journalist

Avatar Student, Future Journalist
Onnolee Brown

I might as well start off with a simple, unhappy, hello. It's Thursday, tomorrow's Friday and I'm supposed to be so excited, right? But I'm not, and I'm not because it's been almost a week since the Paris Attacks and it's been a week of violence and chaos across the globe. What I've noticed is that the news channels I frequently watch refuse to tell my country of America that there has been attacks in Kenya, Nigeria, Tel Aviv and many other places. Now not all of these have to...

The Bride from Yemen

Published Avatar Jenn Little

Avatar Jenn Little

I opened my first National Geographic when I was ten. Truthfully, I believe the subscription had been delivered to the wrong house, for the only news my mother’s ever been interested in is what Jennifer Aniston is wearing. The glossy pages and crystal clear photographs caught my then short, ten year old attention span. Instead of turning on Zach and Cody or Hannah Montana for my afternoon ritual, I sat myself down on the ottoman and stared at the cover: two child brides. Standing...

We Are One People

Published no picture Eline Marie

no picture Eline Marie

"Furthermore, the problems that we are facing today are the result of superficial differences over religious faiths and nationalities. We are one people." - Dalai Lama There's nothing that ignites my voice and political activity more than when our humanity is the cause of the debate. In general, I am, more than I'd like to admit, maybe slight of a bench-warmer. I speak my mind, and I have opinions, but I often tend to hide away from the spotlight when it comes to taking action. T...

This little boy just became my hero

Published Avatar Hannah

Avatar Hannah

13/11/2015 - it is a date to remember. More than a hundred people had to leave their loved ones behind in Paris and Beirut. And my heart goes out to all of the victims of war and terrorism. A few days ago a video of a little boy, his dad and an interviewer came up. In the video the boy say that he is scared and said he didn’t like the fact that they had to move to another country. His father assured him that they did not have to do such a thing. When the boy made clear it is no...

VOY across the world