Responsibility: An Essential Ingredient for Success

Posted Avatar Sreymom Oy , MSc in Community Nutrition

Avatar MSc in Community Nutrition
Sreymom Oy

After I was done with my grad school and have had some experiences in field data collection, I have decided to be a researcher and a lecturer. Going to the fields, walking around in the villages, talking to the local authorities and of course to our beneficiaries, it has been so lovely for me. Those beautiful and meaningful experiences have been shared in class to my students. With all those memories, ideas, hopes and dreams, I have lived wholeheartedly. It has been fortunate t...

Everybody's a Little Bit Racist

Posted Avatar nikki , student

Avatar student
nikki

He put his fingers to the corners of his eyes and pulled to make it look like he was squinting. “Come on,” he says when I don’t laugh. “Nikki, come on. It’s just a joke. Why is it bothering you so much? Everybody’s a little bit racist." Everybody’s a little bit racist. The words are flashing in my mind and burning holes, singeing every inch of my skin, and here he is, telling me that I’m supposed to be okay with this. I’m supposed to be okay with his joke an...

The perks of being ME

Posted no picture Ayesha Zeb Dar , Kemcolian

no picture Kemcolian
Ayesha Zeb Dar

I am me. This is all I have got. I know my talents and I know my weaknesses. I know how my brain works and how my heart yearns. I know when to let my mind take over and when it's time for my passions to drive me. I do not waste my talents. I utilize them. I am young and I know that I can get things done in lesser time so I spend just the right amount of time on my responsibilities. The rest goes to enjoying. What is it that I enjoy? I enjoy the fact that I am me. But more...

First Class

Posted no picture Arjun Singh Gill , Global Citizen

no picture Global Citizen
Arjun Singh Gill

This is a fiction short story on poverty and capitalism in India How long has it been since I’ve gotten new shoes? Look at them, they’re disgusting! Nearly half my size, both roof and soles broken open and flapping everywhere. My toes wiggle freely without any protection. I assume it must be 20 years. Of course I can’t even track time, for I don’t even know how old I am right now. Obviously I’m not a toddler, nor do I seem as old as the man sleeping on the benches of...

If I were God...

Posted no picture Priyanka Sahoo

no picture Priyanka Sahoo

If I were God, would I give a little more water to the draught? Give a little more food to the hungry, give a little more happiness to the sultry? Give a little more love to the rejected, give a little more soil to the deserted? Give a little more oxygen to breathe: instead I would give a little more knowledge to perceive that all of it is and will always be borrowed by the ones it is sent unto and within seconds,...

A Treasure to Share With You

Posted no picture Idil Kına , Medical Student

no picture Medical Student
Idil Kına

Hey everyone! It is always a joy to share with you people what I think, feel, create... And of course It is always a greater joy to read the amazing blogs you write and the comments you post. But today I want to share with you a treasure I have discovered while randomly talking to my friend Jessica about blogs. For me, Jessica is this awesome person who I've become friends with in a short time and who has always supported me through my journey of human rights with her. Jessica di...

To My Stars

Posted Avatar Unitika Schlawenger , International Youth Representative

Avatar International Youth Representative
Unitika Schlawenger

To My Stars - Each and Every One of You - A Message using Valentines Day an excuse - #LoveWins everyday. I called not me, But you a star. My stars I keep, Near to my heart. With every beat, To all of you, Pumps messages blessed, Keep them fresh, With you. You all are my, Daisies boo, All petals of them, Fresh roses, I was never, Tired of you. You were my star, And I was just the darkness, With you....

Unnoticed Neighbors

Posted Avatar Mohsin Gilani , Engineer, Writer and Traveler

Avatar Engineer, Writer and Traveler
Mohsin Gilani

Today, almost every corner of the planet is home to someone. Wherever you go to live, most probably you'll see that you have some neighbors. It is an interesting aspect of neighborhood that there can be various types of neighbors which may leave a unique impression on our thoughts and life. Each of us has got their unique experiences with our neighbors. However, today I would like to mention some neighbors who mostly go unnoticed. In fact they prefer to stay unnoticed. A few...

Then there was Spring

Posted Avatar Tanya Singh , Poet, Writer and Blogger

Avatar Poet, Writer and Blogger
Tanya Singh

He doesn’t understand my language, neither I his, But we spoke a language together, We spoke of being friends, Through gestures, and good things, Had then we defied philological, dialectal reasons, And we knew history failed and language did too, And why geography followed suit, Our verses were not the same, We were lost in translation but not any more than we need be, Only gladly lost as the way soil was into the grass, Holding the vast earth toget...

VOY across the world