What is really important?

Posted no picture Savannah , Middle school student

no picture Middle school student

What does it mean to volunteer? How do you volunteer and what do you get out of it? Let's take a closer look. Lots of people volunteer only for success, or to look good in the community. But there is far much more to that. Here are good reasons to volunteer: - Make others happy - Confidence and self-pride - Make the world a calmer place and reduce suffering - You like sharing your privileges with others who also deserve them. - You are trying to become a bette...

Creating a Mental Shift about Blogging

Posted Avatar Hafiz Akinde

Avatar Hafiz Akinde

It amuses me that in the present age, many people still do not know what blogging is all about. They find it difficult to comprehend how you can make a living by just blogging. Call yourself a full-time blogger, and they’ll quickly label you an unserious fellow who lacks vision and ambition. In this part of the world, blogging is still unpopular; it can’t be placed side-by-side with professions such as Medicine, Accounting, Engineering and Law. At best, it should be taken a...

Rethinking 'Youth Voice'

Posted Avatar Meg Kneafsey , Youth Activist

Avatar Youth Activist
Meg Kneafsey

I was recently fortunate enough to attend a political party conference. There I attended the ‘Youth Zone’ and was excited to hear the opinions of my peers from around the UK on various topics. I found myself deeply disappointed with the format however; politicians sat and spoke about apparent ‘youth issues’ while young people were invited to ask questions. The day was almost laughable and summarised by one politician’s phrase ‘I think that young people think…’. Can...

Life is 'No Perfection'

Posted Avatar Nafees A. Siddique , Writer

Avatar Writer
Nafees A. Siddique

Life was never meant to be perfect. There is some joy in imperfection, in things left undone, in words left unsaid, in adventures left unexplored, in feelings left unexpressed, in pains left unhealed, in moments left unlived. It makes us realize that nothing will stay forever and life is to live with whatever we have got out of our imperfection. Perfect things are most wanted by imperfect beings. Most people live for themselves only, but there are few who live for other...

The forest man

Posted no picture legendaryab

no picture legendaryab

Did you ever think that a man can establish a forest with all efforts single-handedly? Have you ever wondered that it is possible to make your own forest and live happily with the wonderful nature? Maybe not, or it may sound an impossible task? Yes! We have planted a single sapling, two or more, or maybe dozens in our lifetime. But, that impossible task seems possible for a man, who can be actually considered as a super-man of the Mother Nature and as a whole of the "Humanity...

Rape: ignored and neglected

Posted Avatar Alokparna Chatterjee , Student

Alokparna Chatterjee

On delving deeper into the various connotations of the word “rape”, it is found that it is not just a traumatizing incident, but also a much-neglected issue in India. Though being a country which looks up to the feminine figure of “Bharat Mata” and female goddesses, India adopts an utter lackadaisical attitude when it comes to punishing the attackers. Most of the cases are not registered due to the social stigma attached to it. Every 30 minutes a woman is raped in India....

The Son of Mevlana: a short story

Posted Avatar Yassin A. Said , Founder And CEO of the literary initiative (to the farthest extent), Specialized in arab sci-fi and fantasy

Avatar Founder And CEO of the literary initiative (to the farthest extent), Specialized in arab sci-fi and fantasy
Yassin A. Said

Amr noticed that people gave his father special treatment and nicknames such as 'Sheikh', and 'Mevlana', while his Aunt Fouzia was just 'Aunt', and the grocer 'Shaban' was just 'the grocer'. If Mevlana walked in the street, everyone would hurry to kiss his hand. Amr thought that it's a normal way of greeting, and tried it with his neighbor Sarah, then uncle Shaban. The child Sarah received the matter sheepishly, but the grocer was shocked. "Forgiveness, Mevlana's son. Pleas...

Lin-Manuel Miranda: A Man Changing the World

Posted Avatar Onnolee Brown , College Student

Avatar College Student
Onnolee Brown

I've always been a fan of musicals, actually ever since I grew up I've been watching people sing and dance on my television. In 2015 a musical that has helped changed society opened on Broadway. It became a smash hit for a young audience, and even an adult audience. This musical is called Hamilton, the life story of Alexander Hamilton, performed by a rapping cast. Lin-Manuel Miranda continues to change my perspective of the world, as I can now call him my idol. At the Tony's this...

I answered a Twitter question that asked: "If you could design the perfect city or neighborhood, what would it look like?" My answer is: I could like to design the perfect city or neighborhood with schools and parks. Children deserve the right to live normally including right to health, education and other social services as part of their human rights. Schools should provide scholarships, facilities such as classrooms and books and teachers for them to learn subjects such as...

VOY across the world