SHE DESERVES THE BEST, DOESN'T SHE?

Posted October 14, 2014 no picture Eric Mbotiji

no picture Eric Mbotiji View Profile

SHE DESERVES THE BEST DOESN’T SHE…? Women are an essential link to sustainable development and the backbones of many communities in the world. All women were once girls but not all girls have the opportunity to become women. The girl child deserves the best education, care and concern towards her future. The woman is a good manager and is responsible not only for child bearing but also for good moral ethics and golden values that will shape a child to be somebody. I want...

Transport Maroantsetra

Posted October 14, 2014 Avatar Eraldo_Connecte_Madagascar

Avatar Eraldo_Connecte_Madagascar View Profile

In Maroantsetra, the main roads of the inhabitants are the waterway. The villages are connected by waterways. Therefore, water plays a very important role in the economy. Yet people practice shifting cultivation or Tavy and damage much of the primary forest. When the forest begins to disappear, sand and sludge discharge into waterways. Tree roots have set them before. The rain also becomes irregular. One can even say that the cause of the climate change comes from the slash and b...

The fight: a traditional sport of Maroantsetra

Posted October 14, 2014 Avatar Marc_Connecte_Madagascar

Avatar Marc_Connecte_Madagascar View Profile

The fight or "moraingy" is a Malagasy traditional sport like Kung Fu in China. Many countries around the world practice this sport but perhaps there are specificities for Maroantsetra. It consists in a fight between two people. The fight takes place in three rounds. The one who is the strongest during these three rounds wins the fight. Each participant earns a cash bonus. The one who manages to K.O the opponent is awarded. One or two referees judge the fight. So far, there are no...

Antseranampontsy Maroantsetra

Posted October 14, 2014 no picture Arlin_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Arlin_Connecte_Madagascar View Profile

Literally Antseranampontsy means banana’s port. Bananas come from the countryside and arrive in Maroantsetra at Antseranampotsy. Before, marketers of bananas were traders of yams but because the latter begin to be scarce so, the people sell banana. There are 5-10 canoes per day arriving at Maroantsetra to bring bananas. Now banana production decline because there is also banana diseases. Disease may come from climate change. Farmers do not usually maintain the plantations of ba...

Holiday Activities

Posted October 14, 2014 no picture Herico_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Herico_Connecte_Madagascar View Profile

The school holidays start from June 26th (national holiday) and end at the end of September. Our team took advantages of the holidays to plant trees and to take care of coconuts trees at the seaside. Coconut trees grow easily at the seaside; they protect shorelines against erosion, slow violent wind and can become a source of money too. We saw beautiful beaches on the internet and still coconut trees are always seen around. After 4-7 years of growth, coconut trees are able to give...

International Day of the Girl Child

Posted October 14, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

The “International Day of Girl Child” passed only a few days ago on 11th October with the theme of “Empowering Adolescent Girls; Ending the Cycles of Violence”. I listened to a radio interview of a female right activist who pointed out two terrible cases against girls in the country. A 7 year girl was raped by her own grandfather & a 15 year old girl was raped by her own father. These are only the representative cases, probably hundreds or thousands of such cases mi...

Funding Space Exploration

Posted October 13, 2014 no picture Andy Choi JS

no picture Andy Choi JS View Profile

Space has enchanted people for generations. When the first men landed on the moon to plant the American flag, Americans rejoiced. When space missions go awry, countries mourn. Children and adults alike are enamored with the allure of space, and millions of dollars each year are spent by governments throughout the world on space missions. It's worth considering the question: Is space travel worth the cost? The first cost associated with space travel is, of course, funding relate...

You are not a sheep!

Posted October 13, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

Remember: you are not a sheep and you are able to make choices to live in a country you want. This is the message of a video which has been made to motivate people before the Ukrainian parliamentary elections which will be held on 26 October 2014. An initiative exists in terms of a Ukrainian project “Rock the vote”. There is a similar one in the USA. Project “Rock the vote” is intended to lay the foundation of a new electoral culture. An existence of such a culture...

You can't fight pain with pain, don't let it define you

Posted October 12, 2014 Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

Hello! I am so sorry as I have been absent from VOY for a month. This being due to very hard times right now. I needed to gather myself in order to do my best and I'm back and ready. Due to all the things going on right now I've learned many things. The main one is that you can't fight pain with pain. We've all gone through many hard things, maybe many of you are in my situation in which you life has turned upside down. Life is a world of pain for everybody "...