Posted by KateVOY

Q&A with 16-year-old filmmaker from Albania

Greis Osmani is a 16-year-old girl from Albania, and recently took part in a One Minutes Jr. workshop in her country. She created a thought-provoking video about youth culture, poverty, and how we all fit into that. We asked her a couple of questions about the video: What is your vi...

Voices of Youth - My best memory of 2014

Posted Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

There’s a lot to write about, but don’t worry, I won’t bore you with every single detail. I have already told you how I spent the year 2014, and this is part of that story. There’s nothing extraordinary about it, no earthshaking theories formed during its course. But in truth, at least for me, it was life-changing. It all started in June 2014. It was a Saturday. I was sitting in class listening to a boring lecture, and I felt the sudden urge to go through my Facebook News...

Plural+ Awards 2014: "A Letter from a Refugee"

Posted Avatar MischaVOY

Avatar MischaVOY View Profile

Interview with Rola Souheil, a young filmmaker from Lebanon 1. What is your video about? “We care to make a change, to feel that we exist and that we are not just: a BUNCH OF REFUGEES”. This sentence was aguishly, repetitively said during the art expressive workshop that I was conducting with displaced Syrian female youth at Dari centre. This insistence on being a part of a positive reaction as a response to a negative event as displacement, was the main trigger to thin...

Football, More than just a game

Posted no picture Jason Bholanauth

no picture Jason Bholanauth View Profile

As we are on the verge of seeing a real change in Mauritian Football, let’s revert back and reflect on the real meaning of Football, or soccer for some. Football is undoubtedly the most famous sport in the world. From Brazil to China via England, Football brings nations together, create friendships and most importantly breaks barriers. But, Football has a lot more to teach us. It teaches you life lessons. 23 45 your match kicks off. Before, you were preparing for your lifet...

Devrais-je commencer par m’excuser auprès de mes fidèles lecteurs que vous êtes pour le silence qui s’est installé entre vous et moi, rassurez-vous, c’est la dernière chose au monde que je puisse vouloir. Et puis, les traditionnels vœux de Nouvel An sont d’actualités : santé, bonheur en abondance, réussite et fidélité dans la lecture des articles de ce blog sont autant de vœux pieux que j’exhorte le Bon Dieu à exhausser pour vous. Le titre de cet article pa...

Qu'elle peut être sale la politique. L'heure n'est plus à se lécher les mains. Joseph KABILA transpire la trahison que le Katanga lui aurait servie en plusieurs repas, si ce n'est pas une réponse mal digérée. Mais qui a réellement trahi qui ? Nul diplôme n'est nécessaire pour comprendre combien le président regrette d'avoir confié certaines responsabilités à certaines personnes au Katanga, mais ce n'est pas trop tôt. Une véritable mise en garde, c'est ce qu'on pouvai...

when I was BULLED at school

Posted no picture Mpilonde Shady Manyike

no picture Mpilonde Shady Manyike View Profile

When I was young, my mom kissed me 365days, subtracted by the weekends of not being bullied, only to realize she wanted the heart shaped kiss to stay vividly upon the face of men to transpire the love upon my soul. I imagine shooting into the sky, to hit Jesus up in times of the biggest bully in the play grounds, with the train of thought in destination to my mom's kiss, I stood- hung by my tie being liberated by a tremendous structure of an oak tree, scared and bitten, broken and...

What is real?

Judge me after this; I do unconsciously admit I do not worship any form of deity, however let me substantiate myself, I fail to understand how my granny has been altered from "Unkoloko" to" God". not rebutting that, but maybe I should cross question my questioning, which could be motivated by the sudden acceptance of an Owl in the neighbour (that took some time to accept). help me with this: I do hear myself addressing myself as a lil devious demon in the acts of my wor...

What do you love?

Posted Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

We all encounter hardships in life, and sometimes it takes a long time to rise up, and overcome them. There is one video that I find to be uplifting when I’m feeling down, a video that grounds me and inspires me to keep going. I would like to share this video with you guys. ‘The Collaboration Project – Love by Jacksgap’ This video was a project, you had to send in what you love. Why is this video important to me? I came across this video during a very hard period of my...

VOY across the world