http://imgur.com/q1jfgyZ.jpg

Posted by MischaVOY

Applications for VOY blogging internship 2015 are now open!

MORE INFORMATION ON HOW TO APPLY CAN BE FOUND HERE

BE POSITIVE AND LIVE RIGHT

Posted no picture Gregory Matasio

no picture Gregory Matasio View Profile

Hi guys, True happiness comes about when you know you are doing the right thing for the right course. I have been volunteering as a Scout Trainer and a mentor since 2012 to date, I feel good whenever I am training and mentoring the youthful generation knowing that am touching somebody`s heart and laying a firm foundation in the life of the youths. I don`t get paid for that, it`s a gift of time and resources I give to the innocent souls whenever I meet them or they call on...

Effectiveness of Body Cameras

Posted Avatar Shivani Gupta

Avatar Shivani Gupta View Profile

I read this interesting article in Time magazine where the author stopped to compare the year of 2014 and 1965 in light of the new movie Selma coming out to theaters. The sad thing to note in this reflection is that not much has changed. With the Trayvon Martin incident from way back, then Michael Brown in Ferguson, and later Eric Garner in New York, we continue to hear about cases identical to these denoting police brutality and the racism that still exists in America's culture to...

THE RETURN OF THE BUSH MEAT

Posted no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E View Profile

It’s been some few months after the dreaded Ebola Virus was excommunicated out of Nigeria by a greater divine force, greater than the doctors and scientists we have In Nigeria. The virus caused a high level scare in the minds of the fearless average Nigerian but despite that, God saw us through. It gave me the courage and boldness to beat my chest once again and identify with my fellow countrymen. A lot of things began to occur during the period when the scare of Ebola Virus (E...

What would I want to change?

Posted Avatar MischaVOY

Avatar MischaVOY View Profile

HIV activists from Asia and the Pacific talk about their lives and the challenges they and others faced as adolescents. They are then asked "what would you like to change?" about HIV policies, offering an insight into the challenges thousands of adolescents face across the region.

World Cancer Day 2015: 'Not Beyond Us' (Part 2)

Posted Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

In the preceding part of this post, I gave a synopsis of what cancer is, parts of the body that could be affected by cancer, people susceptible to cancer and the need for more awareness to save people from this deadly scourge. PALLIATIVE MEASURES TO CURB CANCER It has become a cliché that cancer has no known cure. However, most cancers are preventable if detected early and treated effectively. This brings to play the importance of regular screening. Especially the ladies who...

World Cancer Day 2015: 'Not Beyond Us' (Part 1)

Posted Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

Cancer is a neoplastic disease that affects the following parts of the human body: Colon, Liver, Cervix, Lungs, Rectum, Larnyx, Pharynx, Esophagus, Breasts,Prostrate glands, Uterus, Ovary, Skin, Pancreas, Kidney, etc. It comes as a result of a malignant growth or tumor caused as a result of an abnormal or irrepressible cell division. If not discovered at an early stage, cancer could spread to other parts of the human body through the lymph vessels or the blood stream. This shows ho...

Zero Tolerance For Female Genital Mutilation (Part 2)

Posted Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

Female Genital Mutilation has no health benefits, rather it has a couple of severe immediate effects, long-term damages as well as the associated psychological trauma it inflicts on its victim. The immediate effects include but are not limited to: severe pain, shock, excessive bleeding, wound infections, (including tetanus and gangrene), as well as blood-borne viruses (such as HIV, hepatitis B and hepatitis C), inability to urinate, injury to vulval tissues surrounding the en...

Zero Tolerance For Female Genital Mutilation (Part 1)

Posted Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

Female Genital Mutilation refers to any procedure that intentionally alters or causes injury to the female genital organs for non-medical reasons. In the world today, a vast majority of infant girls are subjected to this bizarre act and teenage girls as well as aged women who had passed through the process at an early stage in life are presently facing some health challenges as consequences of mutilation of their genitals. Despite the fact that FGM has got serious and permane...

Watch Your Head!

Posted no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

A head Injury can be a serious thing - sometimes causing injuries that can lead to change in behaviour, disabilities or even death. Khayelitsha township in Cape Town is one of the most affected areas by brain injuries - related to sport, drinking, fighting and other violence. HeadsUp! is an organisation that supports brain injury prevention, counsel survivors and families and educate the public. Over the past few months they've been going around schools in Khayelitsha sharing fun a...

VOY across the world