Remembering Prof. Mills

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar Kwasi Bekoe

Avatar Kwasi Bekoe View Profile

I am no poet. Lend me your eyes on a piece I prepared for former President of Ghana, John Evans Atta Mills who moved on to join very distinguished leaders in the silent world. Tomorrow will mark second anniversary since his sudden demise. It would be disheartening on the part of organized labour made up of Trade's Union Congress (TUC) and public sector workers if its one-day industrial action proceed as planned in protest of the current government's unpopular decisions. Not only wi...

Is migration wrong?

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hello guys! I´d like to talk about something that’s been concerning to me very deeply ever since I came to Chile. A couple of months ago I was at the PDI office (sort of a police investigation device) looking for a personal document, and there was a woman, Colombian by the way (I could tell because by her accent), and when I first arrived she was already having a discussion with someone while holding a baby, but I didn’t even came close to her. However at a certain mo...

Paris

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Daanial Chaudhry

no picture Daanial Chaudhry View Profile

Bonjour! It was only a couple of weeks that I paid a visit to the beautiful city of Paris. The city of love and so much more. A city like no other. A city full of culture, commerce, and contentment. The nature of my visit was an artistic one, but it ended up being much more than that, and within my 3 short days in the city I explored the Parisian way of life.. Each of my days would start with a metro journey, but unlike my usual gruelling commute to work, I enjoyed these...

SIDS YOUTH GLOBAL ACTION DAY - 24TH JULY 2014

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

To commemorate the SIDS Youth Global Action Day I thought I would write a post about small island developing states and what the youth in my country are doing to create awareness among ourselves about small island developing states and the role we are deciding to play in achieving sustainable development. Youth from small island developing states, including the Seychelles have been taking action throughout this month in preparation for the UN SIDS conference in Samoa 2014. Young...

A little bit on Romanian youth

Posted July 23, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

This week I’ve been thinking about the youth in Romania and about its passions and interests. And slowly, I began to observe that these have started to estrange from culture, knowledge, true love or a lot other things that the human being is to be admired for. Let me explain this phenomenon. It starts with television, internet, newspapers and maybe others too. There you can see, by taking just a glance, examples of how to succeed in life without making an effort. Just an exampl...

Social media: A common activity

Posted July 23, 2014 no picture Elhachemi Sabi

no picture Elhachemi Sabi View Profile

Using social media is one of the most common activities among today's youth. A recent survey in the U.S. shows that 51% of teenagers log on to their favorite social network at least once a day and that 22% of young people do more than 10 times daily (Common Sense Media, 2009). Sites like Facebook, YouTube or Twitter, which have developed at high speed during recent years are proving highly popular with young people, especially because they offer them the opportunity to be entertain...

Life as an ethnic minority youth

Posted July 22, 2014 Avatar Jianne Soriano

Avatar Jianne Soriano View Profile

Even if I'm a permanent resident of Hong Kong or even if I can still be considered as a Hong Konger by some people because I was born it, it still doesn't feel right to call this city "My Home." Like many of my fellow ethnic minorities, we are still stuck under that label. We are still part of the minority. For many, we should be thankful because we are given some "privileges" and get to enjoy the same rights as local residents. But my point in the matter is, being an EM student...

What can money do?

Posted July 22, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

Money is an important and very useful mean in our days, it gives us the chance to enjoy the life and be more creative.. It would be very hard for someone who doesn't have enough money to try to give something to his society and be an important part of it. Sometimes, I imagine myself with a large amount of money and I ask: " What can I do with it? How do I invest my money and help my community at the same time?" It wasn't easy to find the answer but I came to realize that investing...

"Is climate change and its impacts really a myth?"

Posted July 22, 2014 no picture Moonga

no picture Moonga View Profile

"Is climate change and its impacts really a myth?" This is the question many people are asking. Firstly, climate change according to Encarta Dictionary is defined as change in global weather patterns: long-term alteration in global weather patterns, especially increases in temperature and storm activity, regarded as a potential consequence of the greenhouse effect. (Microsoft® Encarta® 2009). Like explained in the definition climate change brings about global warming, floods,...