Save Children Through Education

Posted April 4, 2014 Avatar Thinley

Avatar Thinley View Profile

Every child is born with the right to education. Education is the most important aspect in every child's life. It prevents them from getting their dreams crushed. Because if their dreams are crushed, their mental and physical abilities will go down. Every child living in any country has the sole right of getting an education. Detaining children in the streets just because of the color of their skin, caste or religion is just wrong and is against the law. The constitution is there t...

Cyberbullying: all you need to know on VOY

Posted April 3, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

In case you've missed them over the months, we have some great resources on cyberbullying and online safety here on VOY: -Tips & hints -Videos -Research Remember - when you post online you post to the world.

Making sign language the world's language

Posted April 3, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

(Santoshi Budhathoki, 18, Nepal, 2014) Created at the 2014 Nepal OneMinutesJr. workshop on "Child Friendliness in My City." How do you sign in your own language? If you were going to sign a one minute clip like Santoshi, what would you sign or perform about?

Zambia's deforestation problem

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture MATHEWS BANDA

no picture MATHEWS BANDA View Profile

The amount of rainfall largely depends on the development of the Inter- Tropical Convergence zone (ITCZ) over Africa. Here in Zambia the poor earn their living on farming and if the ITCZ shifts away from the country, it means, therefore that there will be little or no rainfall at all hence, there will be droughts. Other causes of droughts in Zambia are deforestation and the cutting down of trees. To ensure that there is a stable water table in Zambia we should avoid the cutting dow...

Changing the role of pollutants

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture JESSY MWANDWE

no picture JESSY MWANDWE View Profile

The combustion of wood, oil and coal results in increased levels of carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Carbon dioxide acts as a greenhouse gas because it lets natural light in through but traps out on going long-level radiation. The consequence is that increased levels of carbon dioxide are slowly making the earth warmer causing climate change. Greenhouse gases can cause depletion of the ozone layer which protects humans from cancer of the skin. It also reduces...

Improper Mindset about HIV

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture NORAH KAFULA

no picture NORAH KAFULA View Profile

HIV is a virus that causes AIDS. A person can contract AIDS by having unprotected sex with an infected person, they can also spread the virus by sharing needles and through blood transfusions. Although people are aware of the disease, they still pretend to be ignorant and have the mind-set of "I cannot die alone" hence they go around having sex with the view of infecting more people. In my opinion people who behave like this should be taught the dangers of the HIV/AIDS factor and s...

Let's treat this

Posted April 3, 2014 no picture Isaac_connect_zambia

no picture Isaac_connect_zambia View Profile

The definition for HIV is human immune deficiency virus and AIDS is acquired immune deficiency syndrome. The difference between the two is that HIV is a virus while AIDS is a condition. A person can be infected with HIV by having unprotected sexual intercourse with an infected person. Circumcision may also be a risk if they use the same blade that has been used by an infected person with HIV. HIV/AIDS REDUCES ones energy and weakens the immune system of the body and hence the abili...

The intro to change

Posted April 2, 2014 no picture Earthchanger Brandon

no picture Earthchanger Brandon View Profile

Earth is a planet of prosperity and knowledge. It's been around since the dawn of mankind, and now we have reached the year 2014. We have reached our worse. The truth hides, and the lies are shown. Think about that. Freedom of knowledge and the freedom to protest. The big thing I want all of you to think are the problems and threats that our world faces. Imagine a world without fear, corruption, war, chaos, lies, poverty, or hunger. Think about that because our world has reached the complete opp...

Actions Speak Volumes

Posted April 2, 2014 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E View Profile

Pondering about life and our actions, I discovered that the responsibility to make a sincere change in our generation lies deep within each of us. We make our own path in life, we decide our own fates, we decide what we want out of life simply because we are all free willed beings, but ponder on this. Great powers comes with great responsibilities and that's why we all need to take full responsibilities of what we do with what God has given to us (our giftings / talents). Just as we have the...