Education, especially in emergencies

Posted October 15, 2014 Avatar Zayn_VOY_Connect

Avatar Zayn_VOY_Connect View Profile

100 million children and young people are affected by natural disasters every year. More than half of the world’s 58 million children and youth who are out of school live in countries affected by war and violence. The majority of these children and youth are girls. When an emergency happens, many children and youth cannot go to school. An earthquake or flood could have destroyed their school and a conflict made the journey to school unsafe. When faced with a natural disaster or a conflict, chi...

Human Rights and Impersonation

Posted October 15, 2014 Avatar Unitika Schlawenger

Avatar Unitika Schlawenger View Profile

Hello Everyone! I finally have returned to VOY after a long time, and would at first remind everyone that I have missed this platform. However, due to certain issues and illness, I was not able to post any voice here. Nevertheless, I return, with a story which I just experienced about a day ago. Though I was obviously reflecting myself on a social site, my account was suddenly closed down, with the reason being Impersonation. Maybe this is a mistake and it will be fix...

How to relate with Slum Dweller to get their stories. In line with the characteristics of slums shared you will discover that these areas are prone to claims by their owners and evacuations from such properties is inevitable without compensation or provision of an alternative location. This has driven the slum dwellers to become more hostile to outsiders coming into their environment to help them but however there are approaches to gaining their trust and confidence. W...

The United Nations designated every first Monday of October of every year as World Habitat Day. The purpose of World Habitat Day is to reflect on the state of our towns and cities, and on the basic right of all to adequate shelter and habitation. It is also intended to remind the world that we all have the power and the responsibility to shape the future of our cities and towns. World Habitat Day was established in 1985 by the United Nations General Assembly through Resolution 40...

Mixed Feelings: Capital Punishment

Posted October 14, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

The death penalty is the sentence of execution for lethal crimes and other capital crimes defined by the constitutions of the states where it is enforced; it is valid in 22 countries worldwide including China, North Korea, India, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and the United States. This topic is very conflicting to me because I don’t follow the logic of “killing to show that killing is wrong” however I have known of so much evilness in a single person that it´s hard to belie...

What do you know about vanilla?

Posted October 14, 2014 no picture Ostanie_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Ostanie_Connecte_Madagascar View Profile

Vanilla is one of the species of orchids. Maroantsetra exports this product so that developed countries manufactured aromas of vanilla. Maroantsetra has no central processing of this product. The vanilla crop starts from June and ends in late July. Vanilla provides holiday job for students. It also gives money to farmers. The price is yet lowered since a decade, though the culture of vanilla takes much time. Men get in during the flowering of vanilla so that the vanilla produce p...

Carpentry in Maroantsetra

Posted October 14, 2014 no picture Bevelo_Connecte_Madagascar

no picture Bevelo_Connecte_Madagascar View Profile

Maroantsetra is a city surrounded by primary forest. The inhabitants of Maroantsetra depend a lot on the trees. Daily activities need wood: house construction, canoe wood, firewood, furniture. No other raw material can replace trees for daily activities in Maroantsetra. For our research, we visited carpentries workshops. We met some people who have worked with wood for over 20 years. They told us that the price of wood begins to rise. The woods for carpentry begin to be scarce....

SHE DESERVES THE BEST, DOESN'T SHE?

Posted October 14, 2014 no picture Eric Mbotiji

no picture Eric Mbotiji View Profile

SHE DESERVES THE BEST DOESN’T SHE…? Women are an essential link to sustainable development and the backbones of many communities in the world. All women were once girls but not all girls have the opportunity to become women. The girl child deserves the best education, care and concern towards her future. The woman is a good manager and is responsible not only for child bearing but also for good moral ethics and golden values that will shape a child to be somebody. I want...

Transport Maroantsetra

Posted October 14, 2014 Avatar Eraldo_Connecte_Madagascar

Avatar Eraldo_Connecte_Madagascar View Profile

In Maroantsetra, the main roads of the inhabitants are the waterway. The villages are connected by waterways. Therefore, water plays a very important role in the economy. Yet people practice shifting cultivation or Tavy and damage much of the primary forest. When the forest begins to disappear, sand and sludge discharge into waterways. Tree roots have set them before. The rain also becomes irregular. One can even say that the cause of the climate change comes from the slash and b...