Our happy Valentine's Day

Posted Avatar Cherryblossam , Student

Cherryblossam

Valentine's Day is one of the biggest events in Japan, and it came to Japan from Europe 60 years ago. On this day we exchange only chocolates. Interestingly we Japanese call chocolates various names depend on "Whom and Who?" or feeling. We have more than 5 types to call them. Chocolates for your family members are called "Famichoco" and for persons who you have relationship only as friends. In addition, there are chocolates called "Girichoco" and "Honnmeichoco". "Honnmei" mea...

What Peace Really Is...

Posted no picture Idil Kına , Medical Student

no picture Medical Student
Idil Kına

Hello the people of VoY! So I wanted to start this post with a #tb to World Peace Day by sharing the video I have prepared this September. The video you see on the link is prepared by the lovely efforts of participant from all over the world to share a beautiful message on my request. I think it turned out quite cool so I wanted to share it with you. Let me know what you think :) Now, back to topic: This summer, I had the chance to think about the world we live in. And o...

Raise your voice for people in need!

Posted no picture Kim

We live such privileged lives without being aware of it at all. We get up every morning, make breakfast, get dressed and go out to work, to school or simply shopping…but in many parts of the world, people cannot even leave their homes, afraid they might get shot. But is it safer to stay inside? Because at any moment a bomb could hit exactly where you just stood or walked. They go to sleep every night with the fear of not waking up again tomorrow. That and much more has happen...

Hydroponics: A New Green

Posted no picture Arjun Singh Gill , Global Citizen

no picture Global Citizen
Arjun Singh Gill

Hydroponics is an upcoming trend of agriculture, which is useful for the conservation of water, money, space, and many other resources. Hydroponics is cultivation or farming of plants placed in a liquid nutrition solution rather than soil. Hydroponics is becoming popular mainly in urban communities, and farms have recently been adopting this new technique. How do hydroponics work? There are so many different systems of hydroponics such as the wick system, the water culture system...

Why is nothing changing?

Posted no picture benuke , Student

benuke

All I see in the media and online is people talking about how everything is bad and how the world is consistently getting worse and worse. It is not hard to see these things yourself. It is obvious that the world is negatively affected by the impacts humans have. However, for all that I see about change needing to happen, is it really happening? Is anyone actually doing anything? Greenpeace and WWF do some really great work, yet the things that I see them fixing are rather symp...

Abuse vs. the State

Posted no picture aachilli , student

no picture student
aachilli

I live in the north of Italy, in Bologna. I tend to believe the best in people so naturally, when I heard that the State did nothing to protect women and kids from their abusers, I had to research this fact, because this couldn't possibly be happening. I live in movies, most of the things that I know come from movies, and I tend to watch American movies and to shows. And even though I don’t completely agree with America today I think that women and kids are much more looked aft...

Growth, Development, and Environment

Posted Avatar Niranjan Dev Bharadwaj , Student

Niranjan Dev Bharadwaj
https://gurumavin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Green_gdp.jpg

In this rapidly changing world, almost all countries have confined themselves to goals of achieving higher growth and development. Growth and Development are two prime aspects which are taken into consideration in an analysis of a country’s economy. Some people might think of growth and development as identical terms but they are not. Growth is a quantitative concept and on the other hand, development is a qualitative concept. Growth can be measured by an increase in the numb...

Child Labor: A Disregard of the Rights of the Child

Posted no picture Cody Clark , Student

Cody Clark

We live in a society that is in love with clothes. There are thousands of stores and companies that are always coming out with new items to sell. How often do we really know where these clothes came from? How often do we look into who made the clothes we are buying? The answer is, not very often. The average person hardly ever stops to think that the shirt they are buying could have been the product of child labor. They never think that the cotton used to make their jacket wa...

The world is what you make it, so make it beautiful

Posted no picture Artjola , Student

Artjola

There are thousands of people in the world. Some of them are kind and loving some aren't. There are people who don't have the things you take for granted. People who don't have a roof over their head, or a comfortable bed and a table full of food every night. And then there are people who live in fear for their lives, with bombs going off around them.You can make a difference, even if its a small one. Share what you have with the ones who have nothing. Be a helping hand to someone who has lost e...

VOY across the world