Protecting the Environment is everyone's duty

Posted December 10, 2014 no picture Lucia Kaiyue Zhan

no picture Lucia Kaiyue Zhan View Profile

Environmental problems are becoming more and more serious all over the world. For example, cars have made the air unhealthy for people to breathe as well as poisonous gas is given off by factories. Trees on the hills have been cut down and waste water is being poured continuously into rivers.Furthermore, wherever we go today, we can find rubbish carelessly disposed. Pollution is, in fact, threatening our existence. The earth is our home and we have the duty to take care of it for...

Earning money for the homeless, hungry, and our country

Posted December 10, 2014 no picture Eric_UNSLCD_Philadelphia_USA

no picture Eric_UNSLCD_Philadelphia_USA View Profile

Last Thursday, me and a group of people were having a big discussion about how we can help others. We thought of sending farm animals and weather lasting seeds to some countries. We also thought of starting out with little fundraisers or events such as peer tutoring, battle of the Dj's, drama productions, movie nights, and a Race For Others In Need. The Race For Others In Need is basically a race where people run as many laps as they can for a hour an a half and is sponsored by fam...

Congratulations Malala! A young girl against Taliban.

Posted December 10, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

Terrorism is hurting our world, it’s harming our children, and it’s killing us every day. Thousands or may be even millions of children are suffering because of terrorist groups, because of some people who thought they represent God; any way, killing, bombing and murdering other people is unacceptable, I don’t care about their reasons, I don’t care about their justifications and excuses, it’s just unacceptable no matter what. I feel really bad when I hear about terroris...

MELODY OF LIFE

Posted December 10, 2014 no picture VOY

Life is like a melodious song waiting to be played or sung; Be it an elegy, Be it a lullaby, Sad or Happy, its all a melody Its lyrics are written per line On the pages of history over time; In our deeds and actions, It shows forth in our reactions Choose to be an agent of good, Break down the walls of pride and prejudice; Put smiles in all faces around your hood Think equality, stand for justice; Avoid conflicts and all acts of viol...

Basketball Is Something That Anyone Can Enjoy With A Little Advice

Posted December 10, 2014 no picture lewiswengg

no picture lewiswengg View Profile

Basketball is a game which is enjoyed by many people in many countries. Each player who plays it has certain skills that they perform in order to help their team win. If you want to take your game to the next level, the following tips should help. Bounce passes are important in the game of basketball. Good bounce passes need to hit the other player waist length when they receive it. Try bouncing it about three-quarters to them. At the same time, take into account any other extraneous...

Searching for Scale Free Values: A TED Talk

Posted December 10, 2014 no picture Grace O

no picture Grace O View Profile

Recently, I was fortunate enough to attend a TED talk about education. As a student, I found it extremely rewarding and interesting. I thought I'd share the TED talk of Steve Brown, the Founder and CEO of Ignite Channel, with you! What drives your passion and motivates you? Why do you do what you do? Most answers, whether it is good grades or a higher salary, trace back to man’s seemingly innate pursuit of money, power, and status. Steve Brown contends that these values have...

UNITY IN DIVERSITY

Posted December 9, 2014 Avatar Maurice Eze

Avatar Maurice Eze View Profile

In the world today, there are different races, individuals, mindsets and ideologies. This however, does not negate the fact that these 'different' individuals can come to a common ground to achieve a set goal. In times like these, when our globe is inevitably embroiled in civil unrest and political brouhaha, natural disasters, corrupt practices in governments, outbreaks of plagues, human right infringement and so on; it is imperative that all and sundry must stand for what is r...

A letter to the PM: Complaining about disabled badges

Posted December 9, 2014 no picture Daanial Chaudhry

no picture Daanial Chaudhry View Profile

Dear David Cameron, I am writing to you to express my sincere concern at the use of disabled badges on Britain's streets. As I'm sure you are aware disabled badges are designed to allow disabled drivers and passengers to park in restricted areas, close to their destination. But they are no longer being used solely by the disabled person themselves, instead friends and family members alike use them. There is evidence of it all across the country, yet nothing appears to be...

Please pay attention to Ebola and its consequences!

Posted December 9, 2014 no picture lilykwo

no picture lilykwo View Profile

Everyday there is someone, who suffers the loss of a important person such as a friend or a family member. Currently, this situation becomes more intense, especially in Africa. One of the main killers of these people is Ebola. Before we talk about the consequences, we have to know — What is Ebola?Ebola virus disease (EVD) is a severe, often fatal illness in humans. First, the virus is transmitted to people from wild animals and then it spreads in the human population through...