When I grow up...

Posted Avatar Bella Pinera , Student

Bella Pinera

If you could be anything in the whole world, what would you chose to be? Stop, close your eyes. Take a few seconds before you answer. As you begin to reflect do you imagine yourself as a billionaire, astronaut, movie star, doctor, next CEO, teacher, politician, and so on...? Why? Out of all the endless options why did you choose yours? Was it because of the salary? Was it because of the respect society gives that position? Or was it because it’s something your family has always wanted you to be...

Kerala

Posted no picture Aparna mp , +1 biology science student

no picture +1 biology science student
Aparna mp

When I woke up, my foot was touching chilly water. How did this water come to my house? Suddenly I opened my eyes wide to look at what was happening. My house was flooded by a pool of water surrounding my bed! I called out to my mother with all my strength. My mother came to me with tears filled in her eyes. I could not understand how this could happen or what this meant! Clearly it is the rainy season, but the rain possessed so much anger towards our life! Here comes the news of the day...Afte...

Power of a smile

Posted Avatar Abimbola Omotola Helena , Volunteer

Avatar Volunteer
Abimbola Omotola Helena

The power of a smile is so underestimated. Its benefits are unfathomable. When I was a teenager, it was difficult for me to smile because I felt that I had no reason to showcase my perfect dentition. But as the years went by I discovered the power of my smile and it's ability to heal me and people around me. Now it's so easy for me to smile.I believe one of the benefits of smiling is that it can help make you healthy. It can eradicate stress hormones and relax the nerves which can increase your...

Do you exist offline?

Posted Avatar Rajna Removic , Student

Rajna Removic

A picture is worth a thousand words, a person a thousand likes. It seems like we value people based on their Instagram or Facebook posts. We make first impressions based on the pictures they post, pictures they share. They post a selfie, a comment, then a picture at some exotic location or at the currently hottest bar in town. Telling the world the most important thing in life: I’m cool. Or at least that’s what became important to everyone. We value a well retouched photo. We admire perfectly ad...

It is okay to be unsure of yourself

Posted no picture Sai Pradeep

no picture Sai Pradeep

Most people are in the same boat. They don't know why they exist and there is nothing wrong with it. It is okay to not be clear on what your purpose in life is. It is okay to be unsure of yourself. But I believe taking no action towards discovering your purpose is not okay. Discovering your purpose isn’t something that magically occurs. It requires that you act on finding it. And you know that life is not about living out a predefined existence. There is more to life than going to college, study...

All is one, one is all

Posted no picture Gilbert Zico Cabral

no picture Gilbert Zico Cabral

I would like to share the message, to all humans worldwide, that balancing your life is the backbone of our civilisation. I'm going to tell you about the way I look at the world and how it helps me to maintain the right balance.Humanity.Family.Business and Work.Friends.Entertainment.The above words are the areas in my life that I try to balance. HUMANITY: Everyone has a contribution towards our human lives whether its through a scientific or religious approach.FAMILY: We all are family. Some are...

Treacherous beauty

Posted Avatar Yifei , Student

Yifei

As I look out the window of the local coffee shop, the rain began. It began drop by drop, then all at once. As the pellets hit the concrete, two words formed on my tongue: treacherous beauty. Just like your first breakup, when he says "I love you" one last time as the understatement of a goodbye. Just like the time when you shed one last tear, after reading the sad, tragic ending of Romeo and Juliet. It was treacherous, but beautiful. It gave us something, a new beginning, a new understanding.Th...

Children in wars

Posted no picture Eslem , Tunisian medical student

no picture Tunisian medical student
Eslem

War...one of the most violent actions in the world. With all the destruction, pain and terror it causes. With all the real meanings of the word. War is a decision taken by grownups, but who really pays the price? Children...those little angels are supposed to live a fully happy childhood. They should play and study and have a family and nothing to worry about. In other countries children sleep on explosion and alarm sounds. They wake up to find they lost everything. Many say a child becomes an a...

Dream. Believe. Achieve.

Posted Avatar Zeinab

Avatar Zeinab

Our successes start off with a dream, and it's up to you whether you have the courage to pursue this dream. Everyone has a goal in life they want to achieve. However, a lot of people are afraid of failing which can lead to loss of hope... and the dream fades away. I'm here to tell you that failing isn't the end. Failing leads to growth, and growth leads to knowledge. Combine these aspects together, and endless opportunities await.If you have a dream you want to make come true, you have to expect...

VOY across the world