Ukraine Today

Posted August 22, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

Invasion of Russia to Ukraine does not surprise me. Through history we see an obsession to possess some territory of Ukraine. And that wish was satisfied. There are general things, and I am not going to retell events which have happened. I would like to share with you what is going on here today. Let me tell you a brief history. The protests began on November 21, 2013 in response to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine to suspend the process of preparation for...

Anywhere you can make the difference :)

Posted August 21, 2014 Avatar Laura Rosa

Avatar Laura Rosa View Profile

To help others, it is not necessary to leave the country or go further away from where you live. There are places, community centers where you can make a difference in the smallest ways. In September, I will help people with reduced motor skills in Fatima. I decided to volunteer with a friend (The same friend who will go with me to Africa when we grow up). The good is to contribute to the happiness of others and I'm sure I'll love it. I think the smile of the people who are bei...

Act or accept, Young people Take action!

Posted August 21, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hi everyone! Current societies run faster than ever, that´s why new things are more desired and younger people have earned renewed appreciation because features of ourselves and our surroundings seem to change at the speed of sound. One thing that comes out of it as a beneficial fact is that younger people are now hugely recognized as subject of law but also seen no longer as just "the future" but also the present A way to illustrate this is by looking at how children and yo...

What is your permanent address?

Posted August 21, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

The question that makes me most uncomfortable is: What is your permanent address? For people who have called two completely different countries home I struggle to answer this question. I usually then ask when will you be posting this item so I can equate to my location at the time. The word permanent itself suggest forever and as an international citizen, I struggle to see me in one place permanently - my passport will tell the tale. It is difficult to explain how I so easily...

Photography for storytelling

Posted August 21, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

I had the pleasure of attending an event organised by UNICEF Sri Lanka today. I did a photo-post earlier inviting enthusiasts to attend the event, themed #Photography for storytelling, which was in fact a continuation of the #Y4C (Youth for Children) Dialogue. The event featured a line-up of interesting speakers, passionate undertakers of the art of photography, who delivered remarks and personal stories on various aspects of photography. The event also highlighted a promo of t...

Is life basically blue, green and yellow?

Posted August 21, 2014 no picture Angkush

no picture Angkush View Profile

BLUE: The young soul sat on the beach; just some meters away from the crystal clear sea water. He could easily feel the warmth of the sand grains and admired the unique beauty the sun which was tucking itself elegantly into the majestic ocean. An elderly person, who stood beside him and perhaps his grandfather, asked him: “What are you looking at my dear?” “I’m not looking; I’m enjoying this beautiful world” he replied softly. “Tell me about it!” asked the e...

Patriotism

Avatar Laura Rosa View Profile

Being proud in the culture and traditions of our country is good and normal. When you take a trip to another country, do you feel proud when you talk about your nationality? But some people think of patriotism as a social problem. Some consider patriotism as a way to be proud of the culture of their country. Other people consider patriotism as the "result of arrogance, conceit and egotism," which can cause bad relations in all aspects. What you think about that?

Hola amigos! :) First, I apologise for my 2 weeks of absence. I’m slowly getting back on track and feeling better! I’ll be honest - it was going to be my first retreat ever and the thing is, I was going there all alone and I hesitated to make it as I feared not being able to mingle and click with the youngsters there, finally find myself alone, home-sick and uncomfortable despite the promise of intense sharing. Clinging to that promise was my first step towards upcoming m...

EBOLA : A SCARE CROW...

Posted August 21, 2014 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E View Profile

On a transit from one part of Nigeria to the other I noticed the highway has really become scanty with bushmeat traders trying to make a living from their game, and my thoughts ran wild. It dawned on me that the Ebola virus has taken a turn on the lives of the local people hunting in the wild to make a living for themselves and families. The fact became clear, that indeed the western world has gradually taken over our culture in full with fearful stories that our wildlife and d...