What do you want to be in the future? A Career woman or a housewife?

Posted October 23, 2014 Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli

Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli View Profile

It’s been 4 months since the last time I posted my article on VOY. I’ve been feeling too busy going through my maturation process. I’m talking here as me, as what I’ve been feeling, how do I see myself and not based on someone’s feeling or point of view. As I’ve been growing up, there are so many things have changed in the way I see myself, from a teenage girl to a young woman, from the sensitive one to be more logical, concern of my body shape and changes also occur in...

"What will generations remember about youths of today?"

Posted October 23, 2014 no picture Moonga

no picture Moonga View Profile

50 years ago our forefathers fought hard until Zambia gained her independence from British rule. The question we the youths of today should be asking ourselves is “What is it that we are going to be remembered for 50 years from now?” or “How will future generations judge our today’s actions?” We the youths of today’s generation are faced with a lot of challenges ranging from unemployment, corruption, AIDS pandemic, adverse effects of climate change and others. Since w...

The ALS disease and a complaint.

Posted October 23, 2014 no picture Artemis B.

no picture Artemis B. View Profile

ALS:Also well-known as Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis or Lou Gehrig's disease, and rarely Charcot disease. According to Wikipedia,''ALS is a neurodegenerative disorder with various causes.It is characterised by muscle spasticity, rapidly progressive weakness due to muscle wasting. This results in difficulty speaking, swallowing, and breathing. The disease usually starts around the age of 60, except in cases that are directly inherited when the usual age of onset is around 50.The d...

Entrepreneurship: the best solution for unemployment

Posted October 22, 2014 Avatar Thamara Kandabada

Avatar Thamara Kandabada View Profile

For a nation to succeed, it is crucial that it’s people should be able to enjoy a decent life. Their purchasing power has to speak for the quality of life they enjoy. In achieving this, a major factor to be considered is the employability and the the employment status of the people. I think we all agree that the first group who should be prioritised in terms of employment is the youth. It is the youth who are employed who can contribute most effectively to the national economy an...

Youth voices must be heard in Kurdistan Region

Posted October 21, 2014 Avatar Avin Omar

Avatar Avin Omar View Profile

When the current leaders of Kurdistan get older and die… Who will lead? In the 21st century the power that is leading the world is youth's, but in Kurdistan it's Old’s. Whether it is good or bad, is a different story. The first independent Kurdish Government was declared in 1992 and after 2003 when the Baath Regime in Iraq was ended, the Region became more stable and economic growth started to raise rapidly, many doors were opened for globalization; hundreds of National...

One Young World summit - We can learn from each other!

Posted October 21, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

From the 15th October to the 18th October I was privileged to attend the one young world conference in Dublin, Ireland. The moments that stood for me were as follows: 1. Children and young people should never have to go through such abuse: at the age of 13 Yeonmi Park watched her mother be raped so as to protect her from rape. The heart wrenching story did not leave dry eyes in the crowd. 2. Everyone who spoke called for action. Our world is going into dangerous territory wit...

7 Billion to One

Posted August 24, 2014 no picture misstbn101

no picture misstbn101 View Profile

7 Billion to One That’s quite a ratio Now ask yourself this Which side is greater? Which side is worth more? Most will probably say 7 Billion: easy Now I ask you this Imagine a time you were picked on In school, online And then you told yourself you were fine But you weren’t For when you thought of that 7 billion to one you only though of that ONE Because ONE person did something to make you feel bad Sad, unloved, depressed, mad Then...

My Earth; My Responsibility

Posted October 21, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Earth is a beautiful living planet of the Universe as the common habitat of more than 7 billion human population & millions of species of biodiversity. Our Earth provides us with food, shelter & with most of our requirements. Despite unavoidable free services provided by earth to humans we are not being able to pay off her kindness to us. Rather we humans are being cruel to our Earth by our selfish activities. Mahatma Gandhi said, “Earth provides enough to satisfy every...

http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6

DOWNLOAD How do children see their rights affected by digital media and tools? In July and August 2014, 148 children in 16 countries took part in workshops to discuss the opportunities and risks associated with digital media; these discussions – and the voices of the child participants of the workshops – are reflected in this report. Findings were presented at the Day of General Discussion, a meeting focusing on digital media and child rights that was convened by the Co...