Go & Get What You Want!

Posted Avatar Nafees A. Siddique , Writer

Avatar Writer
Nafees A. Siddique

You came to this world not to be a follower but to be a leader. The leader of your own world, where you have your own thoughts, your own actions, and most importantly your own destination. A purpose was born with your birth, the purpose of your life. It's a matter of life and death to fulfill your purpose, to achieve your dreams, for which you were born, and for which you came to this world.One may ask how to know the purpose of life. Well realizing one's purpose in life is an art. Every person...

Life Without Limits

Posted Avatar Leah Davidson , Blogging Intern

Avatar Blogging Intern
Leah Davidson

You ask your mother when you will be tall enough to ride the roller coaster at the fair. She says next summer. You ask your aunt when you can wear make-up. She tells you that you do not need it; you are perfect just the way you are – you do not believe her. You cannot cross the road on your own or paint without supervision. You must drink your milk before leaving the kitchen table. You watch the big kids who ride bikes without training wheels with envy. Why do they get to stay up until 10 pm?R...

Invisible Suffering

Posted Avatar Katie Baxter , Student and VOY Climate & Environment Blogging Intern

Avatar Student and VOY Climate & Environment Blogging Intern
Katie Baxter

Ever so carefully, he lowers himself down onto the ice-cold bed that awaits him for the night. The mattress made of concrete won’t afford him even one hour of peaceful sleep, and his blanket won’t block out the freezing chill that will creep through his bones and consume his entire body. The noise of the streets is deafening. Sirens blaring, car engines revving, people shouting, music blasting, animals howling. He buries his head into his jacket in an attempt to silence the pandemonium and t...

Shielded contact

Posted no picture Ashley , Student

Ashley

In today's globalised world, so many people are getting more and more immersed into technology. When I go out on my way to school in the mornings, I see bleary-eyed adults sitting on the train, reading emails from their employers or talking agitatedly into the phone. I see teenagers, earphones plugged in, listening to music, some not much older than myself, scrolling through messages on their phone, checking their feed and liking pictures posted by others. I see little children walking down the...

Simplicity: the art of happy living

Posted Avatar Precious Ugbo , Student, writer

Avatar Student, writer
Precious Ugbo

In spite of recent advancements in science and technology in our world today, I've come to realize that a lot of people still find living increasingly complex. Mostly because they are either too busy making as much money as possible in order to conform to what is trending in the society, or they are in a constant state of anxiety thinking of ways to make said money – with the hope of achieving one goal, happiness.According to David Wann, author of Simple Prosperity, it is important to ask ours...

A Grandfather like you ❤

Posted no picture Artjola Sahiti

no picture Artjola Sahiti

A warm day. I wake up to the news of your sickness getting worse. I try and convince myself that this has happened before and it will soon be back to the "normal" we are used to. From the very first day we knew about your sickness I had a little hope in my heart you'd survive it.When they put you in the same hospital room with people that had no chance of surviving I had a little hope in my heart you would.When they cut your chest to see your lungs and told us there was no cure I had a hope in m...

Dragon Lady

Posted no picture Jennifer Boyd , Founder and President of The Space Between the Notes; Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Onism Journal

no picture Founder and President of The Space Between the Notes; Founder and Editor-in-Chief of The Onism Journal
Jennifer Boyd

“It must be the eyes of you people,” he says matter-of-factly, the words rolling seamlessly off his tongue. Toffee eyebrows frame rings of sea foam blue, perky eyelids, and a peaked, angular nose. He is beautiful. But his words echo in valleys and my mind swirls, flooded by a tsunami of turbulent thoughts. I’ve been silent and he glances over quizzically. How can he be so oblivious? I return his gaze with a jaded expression.Perhaps I should be flattered? He’s just enchanted by the chestn...

A complicated relationship with writing

Posted no picture Urszula , student

no picture student
Urszula

I remember writing my first stories and poems when I was 7 years old. They might not have been great, but all I know is I dreamed of being a writer. Or a teacher. Anyway, I was going to do something related to the world of words.As time passed, things, places and people changed. My hobbies did too. But one constant throughout all these years was writing - poems, reviews, stories, school essays. Now and then I'd submit something for a competition and maybe even win.I truly believed words can chan...

Premarital Sex

Posted no picture laowda

no picture laowda

Pre-marital sex is a very taboo topic for some, as it goes against many religions. However, this is changing rapidly. In the early 1970s, 29% of American adults saw nothing wrong with premarital sex compared to 58% in 2012. Despite this change in opinion, there is still a stigma around women having sex. According to the article "The sexual double standard and gender differences in attitudes toward casual sex among U.S. university students" by Paula England and Jonathan Bearak, women are less lik...

VOY across the world