Sierra Leone is Ebola-free: Like a breath of air

Published Avatar Plan International

Avatar Plan International

​“We are celebrating now that Sierra Leone is free from Ebola,” says Kamanda, a Plan International youth blogger and Global Youth Advisory Panel member Communities have returned to normal for quite a while in Sierra Leone, but this announcement is still like a breath of air. I believe it should be a day of reflection and remembrance for the people lost, for those orphaned and infected, a day of thanking God that the virus is over, and a day of singing, chanting and ded...

Heal the World

Published Avatar Armelle Kerneis , Business School student

Avatar Business School student
Armelle Kerneis

There's a place in your heart And I know that it is love And this place could be much Brighter than tomorrow And if you really try You'll find there's no need to cry In this place you'll feel There's no hurt or sorrow There are ways to get there If you care enough for the living Make a little space Make a better place Heal the world Make it a better place For you and for me And the entire human race There are people dying If you care enough for the living...

School Supplies for High-Risk Children

Published no picture AnanyaDewan , Student

Martin Luther Elementary School is a school in Nevada. This is a high risk school in an underprivileged area with the vast majority of students below the poverty line. This school's demographic consists of 65.53% of a Hispanic population, and 18.62% of an African American population with 85.54%, receiving state subsidized breakfasts and lunches. Of the Hispanic population, 36.85% are non native speakers and are English Language Learners. With The school in an economically depr...

Global Cancer Vaccine Market Analysis

Published Avatar Nikunj Sharma , Masters Student

Avatar Masters Student
Nikunj Sharma

Vaccines The fundamentals of vaccines were started to get explored way back in late 18th century, when Edward Jenner developed the first vaccine to treat small pox. Since then, there had been massive technological as well as economical development, which had made it possible to progress the development of vaccines for prevention and eradication of most complex disease: Cancer. Cancer vaccine is one of the revolutionary innovations that could alleviate the pains and sufferings f...

My presentation

Published no picture Meli Coba , Student

Meli Coba

Me This is my first time writing on a blog, Im really excited and looking forward to make a lot more of them. First I want to write a little bit about me. My complete name is Melissa Coba. I am from Ecuador, and I am 17 years old, and I am in my last year of school. I consider my self easy going and honest. I am really tall for my age (at least in Ecuador), I have long brown hair and I have a white complexion. I have always liked to write stories, just small ones, but I wanted...

Sometimes Einstein Is Wrong

Published no picture Pia Fleig

no picture Pia Fleig

It is said that people born in winter are more likely to become depressed than people born in summer. Karlie, 18 years old, is born on October 1st: technically, that is still closer to summer than to winter. So, there are seasons of happiness and hope and strength for her. But then there are also seasons where she turns awfully depressed and sad. Quite a lot, to be honest. Depression, as bad as it sounds, is something you just can’t wipe away. Your brain literally refuses you t...

In The End

Published no picture SoumyaK , Student

In Paris, more than 120 fell to machine gun bullets and blasts Their blood colored the streets red, the same red that symbolizes fraternity on the French flag And, how did the world react? The people of Paris opened their doors and the people of the word opened their hearts We cradled our heartbreak in each other’s arms We squared our shoulders and said we are “Not Afraid” In Lebanon, at least 41 died, their limbs scattered in the aftermath of explosion He...

To Paris and Japan, To Humanity 14/11

Published Avatar Unitika Schlawenger , Making a Change.

Avatar Making a Change.
Unitika Schlawenger

We will stand in this together, United, As always. Swaying like a well-branched feather. Throughout the bullets, Throughout this pain. The piercing screams, Remind me of my own eyes, Flooded with beams, Of dust. Sirens in the background, The air filled with commotion and noise, Me wondering if I am dead or alive, If there really is a choice. I remember many of the times, When it felt like the end, But despite the sorrow, Despite...

My exchange year/ Part 1

Meli Coba

I want to tell you a little resume about the past year of my life. Let me tell you that it was one of the best ones. Last year I was an exchange student, in the United States, in the state of Michigan, in a small town named Standish. This story actually begins 2 years ago, when I was a sophomore. I don´t really know where did I get the idea from, but I just remember that eventually I really really wanted to study abroad. It was on of my biggest dreams by that moment. I checked...

VOY across the world