7 Billion to One

Posted August 24, 2014 no picture misstbn101

no picture misstbn101 View Profile

7 Billion to One That’s quite a ratio Now ask yourself this Which side is greater? Which side is worth more? Most will probably say 7 Billion: easy Now I ask you this Imagine a time you were picked on In school, online And then you told yourself you were fine But you weren’t For when you thought of that 7 billion to one you only though of that ONE Because ONE person did something to make you feel bad Sad, unloved, depressed, mad Then...

My Earth; My Responsibility

Posted October 21, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Earth is a beautiful living planet of the Universe as the common habitat of more than 7 billion human population & millions of species of biodiversity. Our Earth provides us with food, shelter & with most of our requirements. Despite unavoidable free services provided by earth to humans we are not being able to pay off her kindness to us. Rather we humans are being cruel to our Earth by our selfish activities. Mahatma Gandhi said, “Earth provides enough to satisfy every...

http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6.jpg

Source: http://imgur.com/iHJbGJ6

DOWNLOAD How do children see their rights affected by digital media and tools? In July and August 2014, 148 children in 16 countries took part in workshops to discuss the opportunities and risks associated with digital media; these discussions – and the voices of the child participants of the workshops – are reflected in this report. Findings were presented at the Day of General Discussion, a meeting focusing on digital media and child rights that was convened by the Co...

Monique Jansen

Posted October 20, 2014 no picture Children's Radio Foundation

no picture Children's Radio Foundation View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/ra...

Monique Jansen is from Atlantis in Cape Town, shares her learning journey within the Children's Radio Foundation and how her life has changed since joining Teen Express youth reporters.

My prediction on health

Posted October 19, 2014 Avatar Pao Suárez

Avatar Pao Suárez View Profile

Healthy living for most people is an option that only “sports people” get to enjoy. For most of us, jogging on Sundays and eating salad twice a week is already good enough to look after our bodies. However the more we grow and the more committed we are to academic or professional goals the less time we take to actually be healthy. This thought came to my mind because I recently went to the doctor and went out so happy that I wondered how was it possible for me to call gover...

Horn Free Day in Lagos!

Posted October 17, 2014 no picture Ma'Reke

no picture Ma'Reke View Profile

Have you ever imagined a Horn-free Day in your city? Now imagine a horn-free day in a bustling mega-city of at least 20 million people, with frequently traffic congested roads. Imagine a horn-free day in Lagos, Nigeria! October 15 was symbolic not just because it was the International Day of Rural Women, but because the Lagos state government marked a horn free day for all motorists in the metropolis-and the compliance was great. If there is one thing Lagosians do not miss t...

International Day for Poverty Eradication: The Air We Daily Breathe.

Posted October 17, 2014 no picture Fasoranti Damilola

no picture Fasoranti Damilola View Profile

17th October marks the International Day for the Eradication of Poverty. I take it that this day only reminds us of our commitment and the constant pang within our heart. As we daily think of how to transform our lives and expect succour for better livelihood, we're awakened by the reality of a boy next door also craving for a handful grain of rice, of a girl--a breadwinner--licked thin by the scorching tongue of the sun all day long. We are reminded that every action we take must connect to kic...

What Does Freedom Mean to the Common Man?

Posted October 17, 2014 no picture Effie Johari

no picture Effie Johari View Profile

Last August, Malaysia celebrated our Independence Day, a mark of freedom for the nation as a whole – freedom to self-determination, to have sovereignty over our own home soil, and to chart our own path as a modern nation. The word 'independence' and 'freedom' surely evoke something in the individual as a citizen of a country that not fifty seven years ago was under the colonization of another. What does freedom mean to the common man? Freedom to be part of a democracy, to vot...

“I’m happy to see my dad”, says Ibrahim* in a radiant smile. “I’ve been waiting for this moment for quite some time now”, explains the 9-year boy, holding tightly his brother in his arms. Ibrahim* and Abdul* are about to leave the UNICEF-supported Interim Care Center where they were living since they were discharged from the Ebola Treatment Center, one week ago. Their father, Hassan*, was still under treatment and both children had to wait until he recovered. This h...