Talking About A Revolution Currently Does Sound Like A Whisper

Posted November 13, 2014 Avatar Jessie Wamae

Avatar Jessie Wamae View Profile

3 days ago I was having a conversation with 2 friends(A and B); and in typical gossip fashion, a particular guy's name pops up... friend A blurts out that she found out he was gay from another friend; then friend B says she had a feeling he was. She went on to say (friend B), that it's very sad and embarrassing that he is this way; that if people found out, it would be impossible for him to get a job; that it would be harder for him to retain guy friends(because no guy wants to be...

You Are A Miracle

Posted November 13, 2014 no picture Fasoranti Damilola

no picture Fasoranti Damilola View Profile

MIRACLES! How many people did you touch today? How many people did your eyes see today? How many people did you speak to today? How many things did you think about today? Those numbers are significant! Think! Miracle is defined as something remarkable, phenomenal, beyond genius, amazingly unbelievable. Yes, you are amazing beyond words, you are unique beyond description, you have the ability to think and become extraordinary at any point in your li...

If I were President...

Posted November 13, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

I think we all have thought about how it would be if you were the President of your country. Every time it came to my mind, I told myself instantly “What a great deal of work would that be … “. Maybe it is not the attitude you expected, but think a little bit: there are a lot of responsibilities you have to take on and I think very few people are able to manage them with success. But, what if I woke up this morning and I was the president of Romania? I’m going to ignore the...

Child Poverty

Posted November 13, 2014 no picture StaceyMckay∞

no picture StaceyMckay∞ View Profile

Children experience poverty as an environment that is damaging to their mental, physical, emotional and spiritual development. Therefore, expanding the definition of child poverty beyond traditional conceptualizations, such as low household income or low levels of consumption, is particularly important. And yet, child poverty is rarely differentiated from poverty in general and its special dimensions are seldom recognized. Children experience poverty with their hands, minds and...

Police Brutality in New york

Posted November 12, 2014 no picture Sayyidmohammed16

no picture Sayyidmohammed16 View Profile

In recent years there has been an increase in cases pertaining to police brutality and the mistreatment of citizens of color and of particular descent. This shines a light upon the social standards of today and the morals of the men and women that protect our streets and neighborhoods. These men and women strike fear in our hearts, tainting our perception of the New York Police Department. More importantly, many people do not now their rights as a citizen and therefore are taking a...

This Should Be the Norm

Posted November 11, 2014 no picture Essi

Imagine: you're sitting in first period when you realize that you really have to pee. Your teacher lets you out with a stern glance and a sharp "be back in five minutes." You walk down the hallway to the bathrooms and are faced with a dilemma: the signs depict a male bathroom and a female bathroom, but you know that you are neither truly male nor female, you are more of a mystical creature, undefined by the strict laws of gender put in place by society. Choosing randomly, you rush...

One of the best films I have ever seen.

Posted November 11, 2014 Avatar Oksana Hirchak

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

I believe everyone has a great potential inside and is capable of succeeding. But there can be people who need a stimulation or someone’s encouragement. And it is not a sin to be like this! Good Will Hunting is an 1997 American drama film directed by Gus Van Sant and starring Robin Williams, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Minnie Driver, and Stellan Skarsgård. The film received universal critical acclaim and was a financial success. It was nominated for nine Academy Awards, including...

Leaving our lives in the hands of Heads of State

Posted November 11, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

I am writing this post after a whole day of observing negotiations at the ministerial meeting of Small Islands States in preparation for climate change summit in Lima. I was placed at a table towards the back on the room with a clear label: OBSERVER. A few government officials of the Seychelles came to visit to tease that now they were being observed they could feel more pressure. I am sure they were only teasing but I answered to confirm of course I am observing all to hold you ac...

Explore. Dream. Discover.

Avatar Oksana Hirchak View Profile

Dear friends ! I am happy to make a little post for you again after a long time of absence. Since the last time I wrote here I have understood a lot of vital things about life. And everything I have found was subsequently of my own observation. I made sure that friendship and peace in soul are important components of happiness. And I would like to introduce one lesson I have got today. I have found a big amount of books in a flat I rent. They are different. There are scienc...