SAVE THE CHILDREN! SAVE THE FUTURE!

Posted August 15, 2014 Avatar Chima F. Madu

Avatar Chima F. Madu View Profile

ARAFAT, AYMAN, BASSEM, HABIB, HAMZA, IBRAHIM, JAMIL, KHALED, KHALIL, MIRIAM, MUSTAFA, NABIL, SAHAR, SAMAL, SAMIR, SULEIMAN, SUSAN, WALID and YASMIN comprise a microscopic section of the list of millions of children who have lost their lives in conflict zones. From Gaza, Iraq and Syria in Western Asia; to Central African Republic, Sudan and Nigeria in Africa; and Ukraine in Eastern Europe, children have been bombed, beheaded, fired at and slaughtered mercilessly like sheep for n...

How does your country rank?

Posted August 14, 2014 no picture Angélique Pouponneau

no picture Angélique Pouponneau View Profile

Today’s world is considered a young world where more than 50% of the population is 25 years old and under. In the Commonwealth it is estimated that out of the 2 billion people living in the commonwealth 60% of the population are under the age of 30. The YDI defines youth development as “enhancing the status of young people, empowering them to build on their competencies and capabilities for life. It will enable young people to contribute and benefit from a politically stable,...

Volunteer

Posted August 14, 2014 Avatar Laura Rosa

Avatar Laura Rosa View Profile

The truth is that every time the number of volunteers from around the world has increased it is a sign that people are increasingly concerned about the future of others. The volunteers want to leave a mark in the hope of a society with more values​​. And to these people I owe a huge respect. I dream of doing volunteer work in Africa. And contrary to what some people think (that the world is getting worse and people are not so fond) I see that there are more...

The best about Chile

Posted August 14, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Hi guys! the thing that I think makes the Chileans the proudest is the megadiversity that surrounds them , due the vast and diverse beauty of this wonderful territory. Chile is well known to host adventurous foreigners that look for beautiful sights and good memories, but any words I can say compare to what is shown in the video above. My only little message is to remember that nature is perfect and stunning but it´s in our hands to keep it as healthy as possible , enjoy!! PS...

Chilean Youth care about Sexual and Reproductive Rights

Posted August 13, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Chile is the so called “big brother” of the region because of its strength and confidence generated by its institutions, which is invariably admired in most Latin-American countries.. also for young people this place is great, Santiago specifically has a vibrant nightlife, accessible outdoor activities and a wide range of multicultural festivities. However life in Chile is more expensive than in most Latin-American counties, and also a OECD (Through the Development cen...

Human cloning

Posted August 13, 2014 Avatar Laura Rosa

Avatar Laura Rosa View Profile

Human cloning is one of the issues that is most debated around the world .. Is it just a human being created to satisfy certain things? In my opinion is not a righteous act to be generating a human out of another one as well, because it immediately calls into question the rights of the human cloned. From a time when a human being is generated all have the same right to life. The person generated in cloning method is to donate organs against their will, in most cases, and...

In an exclusive interview with "Humanitarian's Manifesto", a community powered initiative, Dr. Akihiro Seita of UNWRA (United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East) explains the role of mother & child unit at UNRWA health centers, especially in dealing with PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) in children & adolescents. He also describes the affects of Israel-Palestine conflict on economy, mental health of men and particularly domestic v...

Let's fall in love with Romania

Posted August 13, 2014 Avatar maryb

Avatar maryb View Profile

In this world full of issues, darkness, unknown and fearful future, we tend to forget that we should be proud. We should be proud just for who we are, where we live, and the amazing people we have around! Even if we don’t have money, even if we feel hopeless, even if we feel alone, there’s always a place where each can find joy and peace with himself. And today, I want to tell you about what my country gives me to put in that place of mine. Well, of course, it literally giv...

South Sudanese IDP's mark International Youth Day

Posted August 13, 2014 no picture

Juba, South Sudan. 15 August 2014: In a rain drenched UN House Protection of Civilian camp (POC), the youth came out to join other youth in the worldwide commemoration of International Youth Day 2014, whose theme was "Mental Health Matters". Being an IDP (Internally Displaced Person) youth is not easy with no proper shelter, community spaces to recreate and most are often still traumatized by the conflict. But for the youth at the POC 1 at the UN House in Juba, South Sudan,...