The future belongs to you(th)!

Posted August 18, 2014 no picture Artemis Boutsifakou

no picture Artemis Boutsifakou View Profile

My name is Artemis. I'm 17,5 years old and I am from Greece. I finished school this year, by taking national exams in order to attend a university to study journalism. Unfortunately, it didn't go well,so I didn't score the marks that were needed. Now, I hope that the upcoming results will be more positive and show me that I'll have the chance to study Sociology. But my big dream is still journalism. Due to the debt crisis, things are difficult in my country. Many people ar...

Anytime you think of giving up, think of a Caterpillar

Posted August 18, 2014 no picture diana kagwiria

no picture diana kagwiria View Profile

In this life everyday is a new day. Each day comes with its own joys and sorrows. There are days one feels like the world is crumbling right in front of them. Anytime that moment presents itself always think of the caterpillar. Yesterday the caterpillar was a larvae but today it is a beautiful caterpillar.

Selling the Treatments?.... YES.

Posted August 18, 2014 no picture Keren Dunaway

no picture Keren Dunaway View Profile

Pay for treatments, an evil act against those most affected by HIV: The poor. Yes, in Honduras people with HIV, pay for antiretroviral treatments and viral load tests and CD4, which is a constraint to care access care. This topic has been playing for a long time, demanding that treatments should be free, but governments have turned a deaf ear to this complaint. In Honduras the poor are sustained of the bureaucracy and corruption that is increasingly outrageous. About 70% of...

How to find the perfect location for your OneMinutesJr video

Posted August 18, 2014 no picture OneMinutesJr

no picture OneMinutesJr View Profile

Short tutorial video for the OneMinutesJr - check uni.cf/tomjr on how to participate in our OneMinutesJr challenge and send your film in!

Our world

Posted August 18, 2014 no picture Shradz

no picture Shradz View Profile

A place where the blossoms are bright A place where the land is not torn A place where my people are free A place where my children are born That is what my country should be. A land where the people are not silenced, with words like knives, or screams that pierce their heart A land where my friends and foes alike can live in harmony, A nation where my family does not live apart That is where my rights lie. A world full of love , a world ne'er strifed...

Abortion and Sex Education

Posted August 18, 2014 Avatar Piumi Madushani

Avatar Piumi Madushani View Profile

Abortion and Sex Education Sexuality can concern issues socially, economically, politically, emotionally, ethically, legally, biologically, psychology or religiously. But, however, when an abortion is done every 24 seconds globally, it should be concerned critically. In addition, the Public Health Bureau of Sri Lanka claimed 800 abortions take place every day. Recent data shows that there are around 290,000 abortions that happen per year. As I observed, as commonly persons do s...

What's happening to our world?

no picture Shradz View Profile

Hi! My name is Shradzy and I believe that everyone should be heard out. Firstly, (OBVIOUSLY) I think you can tell that I am the kind of person who will do a lot to achieve justice. The reason why I am writing this article is because I believe people should be heard out. Age. This thing we call 'age' is, in many ways, a global handicap. However, the only reason it is a handicap is because, we the people, make it one. Why should a child's voice be drowned out in the horde...

How the Frail Ants Challenge the Youth Everyday.

Posted August 17, 2014 no picture Fasoranti Damilola

no picture Fasoranti Damilola View Profile

There are certain small creatures, they are wisest of the wise. They know how to CLIMB (Change Little Into MegaBucks). Let us take a quick tour on one of them, the ANTS. Ants are small eusocial (highest level of organisation of animal sociality) insects. They are easily identified by their elbowed body and distinctive node-like structure that forms their slender waists. Ants, frail as they are, change little into megabucks by getting in plenty of food for the winter. They have also mastered the...

Non-Communicable Diseases: Obesity in Developing Countries

Posted August 17, 2014 Avatar Grace O

Avatar Grace O View Profile

In the late 1900s, health organizations focused on malnutrition, hunger, and the lack of food for people in developing nations. However, there has recently arisen a reverse problem. More 2.1 billion people are overweight. Obesity is a rising problem around the world and is proliferating at alarming speeds in some developing countries. Many of us associate obesity with affluent developed nations, but that is not the case. According to a study published by a UK think tank, the number...