Tips To Become A Better Person To Improve Life

Posted November 11, 2014 no picture Agnes Marylinn

no picture Agnes Marylinn View Profile

People have different personalities. You will find people who have bad habits, are self centered, judgmental, selfish and arrogant among many other negative characters. The truth is that no one is perfect, every one lacks at some point in one way or another. It is however the negatives that can have the most effect on life negatively. With this said, there is an importance in trying to become a better person. This way, you will not only be happy with yourself, but you will also be...

25 years of children's rights

Posted November 10, 2014 Avatar KateVOY

Avatar KateVOY View Profile

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/t31.0-8/10604691_10152750727419002_2884826097121166830_o.jpg

Source: https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-...

Next Thursday, 20 November 2014, marks the 25th anniversary of the Convention on the Rights of the Child. Tell us what child rights means to you by writing a blog post on one of these topics between now and next week: 1. What the Convention on the Rights of the Child means to me. 2. Is the world a better place for children today than it was 25 years ago? 3. My wish for children in 25 years time is..... 4. What kinds of innovation do we need to make the world better for children? We look forw...

Human Rights in 2014

Posted November 10, 2014 Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante

Avatar Rodrigo Bustamante View Profile

Human Rights are the principles that should be guaranteed to every person regardless of sex, age, income level, or race. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) was ratified on December 16, 1949 by the UN, after the atrocities committed during World War II. It was the first global expression of rights to which everyone is entitled to. The UDHR consists of thirty articles which range from the principles of equality and liberty, to the right to life and the abolishment of sl...

Minimum Wage

Posted November 10, 2014 no picture Mudflap

no picture Mudflap View Profile

A minimum wage is an hourly wage rate that is set by law. As of early 2010, the minimum wage in the United States was $7.25 per hour. Some state and local governments have established higher minimum wages for American workers. Minimum wage laws are also found in other countries of the world. Such laws have been promoted as a way to ensure that people who work can make enough money to adequately support themselves and their families. Supporters of minimum wage laws argue that they...

Youth (un)employment

Posted November 10, 2014 Avatar Pao Suárez

Avatar Pao Suárez View Profile

Employment is an essential topic in public policy because for many a job is much more than a salary. It´s the path to acquire what´s needed to break social restrictions and to raise generations of professionals who give back to their country (and the world) with the product of their investigation, entrepreneurship and functionality. These restrictions are often overcome through the social mobility built upon education and employment, that´s the reason why parents don’t hes...

A Lack of Cultural Understanding

Posted November 7, 2014 no picture Sarah

no picture Sarah View Profile

With the international tensions that are going on these days, I feel the need to write this article. These days, I feel like people pay more attention to politics a little more than culture. People pay more attention to any governments' bad actions, thinking that it reflects people's beliefs. People believe stereotypes, making them judge others based off of these. People tend to be ethnocentric out of nature, forgetting that their ethnocentrism can be a little offensive at times. This obviousl...

Generations

Posted November 9, 2014 Avatar Laura Rosa

Avatar Laura Rosa View Profile

It's a classic: when speaking of generations, the oldest ones are always the best. The old one have read more, studied a lot, were more hardworkers. And all of them - the oldest one- look with a particular concern for the age group now between 20 and 30 years: "Unfortunatelly, youth people are lost". But if these old people admire and deposit in the new generation a great felt and hope? The country and the world watched in recent years to a profound paradigm shift. Everything...

When is enough enough?

Posted November 7, 2014 no picture Shayna Robinson

no picture Shayna Robinson View Profile

When is enough enough? When does the violence stop? When does love prevail? Why fight with strangers when you can make friends? To all my brothers and sisters out there who are victimised by someone's hatred or ignorance, I am truly and extremely sorry:( Before I go on further, allow me to introduce myself and my rather peculiar reason for writing this article. My name is Shayna Robinson, recently turned 16 and I live in Singapore, known for its greenery, cleanliness, cultura...

Education is key

Posted November 8, 2014 no picture Petra

no picture Petra View Profile

Eduacation. I am one of those people who believes that education of the youth is the key to everything. I could even go as far a saying that it is they key to world peace.Stimulating the minds of young people is one of the most important things a parent can do for their young kids. I've seen it myself watching my younger cousin and nieces growing up and it's something that is incredible to watch. I don't think that education should be considered a luxury and that it is a birth righ...