Indigenous people have rights too

Posted March 27, 2014 no picture Achmad

no picture Achmad View Profile

Rights should be respected and honored by another person. Most rights harbored by indigenous people are marginalized because in many cases, they are different with the other people. This is the wrong perception because they are alike. Indigenous people are, perhaps, meant as tribal community who have a close relation to their original lands or nature. This definition is almost false, and the proper meaning of indigenous people are descendants of the original people before their lands were occupi...

ICT training for Tech Girls

Posted March 26, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

Kplinyin is a community under kumbungu District in the Northern region of Ghana. Children in Kplinyin Primary school faces a lot of challenges in learning at school but the most prominent one is the lack of a computer laboratory. We the Tech Girls in the Kplinyin primary School have learnt a lot with regard to ICT training in the Savana Signatures project and have seen the need for ICT education for all children. Some of the programmes we have learnt are Microsoft word, Micro...

Keeping the Promise in Nigeria

Posted March 26, 2014 no picture Ahi SocialNet

no picture Ahi SocialNet View Profile

Action Health Incorporated has released three short films in the ‘Keeping The Promise Series’– ‘Girls Are Us’, ‘Slipping Through the Crack’ and ‘Make Every Girl Count’- that project the true life stories of out-of-school adolescent girls in Nigeria’s poor communities. The films are based on findings of the AHI study to explore and document the realities, needs and concerns of out-of-school adolescent girls in Lagos slums. Set in the Iwaya community, an under-r...

What would you bring?

Posted March 25, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

If you had to leave your house in a hurry what would you take with you? For two young girls from Homs, the answer was easy. It wasn’t clothes or toys, but rather their UNICEF school bags filled with textbooks, pencils and exercise books! The two sisters had been attending school in their village, where they received support from UNICEF. When their family decided to flee the fighting and re-locate to Jordan they didn’t want to leave without their supplies. The girls, their...

"Be Thankful" and "Be Happy"

Posted March 24, 2014 Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli

Avatar Aulia Maharani Karli View Profile

It’s been a month since my last post published on VOY website and I feel so good because I finally found a time to sit and write about “The Recipe of My Happiness” in this week. I was accepted as a child facilitator on Dreamdelion, a community empowerment in Jakarta and we are really concerned about women and children. Two days ago, I went to the Dreamdelion class to teach the children. We aren’t teaching math, science or social studies. We are teaching moral values which...

Our Health at Risk in Schools

Posted March 24, 2014 no picture Tech Girls

no picture Tech Girls View Profile

The Tech Girls club of Sakasaka Primary is happy to share the plight of pupils in the school with the rest of the world on the poor sanitation and health hazards they face at school. The windows of our classrooms and doors are broken and as a result, some scrupulous people in the school community defecate in the classrooms in the night. Pupils have to spend valuable time cleaning and washing the feces out every morning. Aside from this, the choked gutters in the school often gi...

Where do we start from?

Posted March 24, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

no picture Victor Brown Omovbude View Profile

If we can't stop the war, then maybe we can change a heart, and help those who need our aid. The world today has carved us into divine beings prone to the alteration of the universe. Nonetheless, we have been condemned by nature and at the same course raised to a unique base by its prowess. In all, we have seen a difference in life, scope and justification. Nature has almost shut the doors to those suffering from the war. Now they are scattered abroad, like ants when splashed with water. What we...

Have your say! New crowdsourcing platform for post-2015 youth priorities

Posted March 24, 2014 no picture UNICEF Education

no picture UNICEF Education View Profile

Over 1 million of the 1.5 million youth voters in the My World Survey chose education as their top priority. Over the last 18 months, a number of consultations and meetings on education have taken place, leading to a consensus that education must be a top priority in the next development agenda. In various discussions, young people have demanded a post-2015 education goal that guarantees that all children have equitable access to education and that all children are learning – from early childh...

The Power of Beliefs

Posted March 24, 2014 no picture Mthembani

no picture Mthembani View Profile

Source: https://soundcloud.com/childrensradiofoundation/i-...

Our Beliefs determine our destiny. As young people I believe that our beliefs are the ones that determine our destiny in life and it is through positive beliefs that we can be able to follow and achieve our dreams and overcome obstacles that we find in our lives. Therefore we as Young Reporters in South Africa, would like to urge all of the young people to have positive beliefs so that they reach their dreams and help others in life. Listen to this piece.