Palestine talks to come

Posted July 19, 2014 Avatar paola.suarez

Avatar paola.suarez View Profile

Chile has the biggest Palestinian community outside the Arab world and that has been shown all over the country thanks to many peaceful manifestations with the participation and support of Palestinian, Chilean , foreigners and Jewish people who don’t support the genocide that’s taking place right now, I am currently in talks to post something and share with you more about this topic. hope you life the video for now :)

Tourism great wonder

Posted July 19, 2014 no picture Ericsson

no picture Ericsson View Profile

TOURISM My most interesting topic was absolutely tourism. It was the topic I enjoyed and caught my attention. One may ask what is tourism? Well tourism is any activity that involves the movement of people away from their homes to other places of interest for leisure, pleasure or studies. The commonly visited areas as such are wild life conservation areas, historical sites, museums and beaches, just to mention a few. What made me interested in this topic? First and foremos...

We Just Don't Talk About It

Posted July 19, 2014 Avatar Effie Johari

Avatar Effie Johari View Profile

This article was written in observance of Girl Summit 2014. Information about FGM, its harms and justifications, can be found elsewhere. Here, I talk about the issue in a Malaysian context. Reading the resource pack for Girl Summit 2014 I stumbled upon the link to the 29 countries where FGM/C (henceforth only referred to as FGM); Malaysia was not on it (or any other Southeast Asian countries where the practice is still prevalent), which is not a surprise, but a disappointment...

Climate Change : Reality or Assumption?

Posted July 18, 2014 no picture PoonamVOY

no picture PoonamVOY View Profile

Climate in a narrow sense is usually defined as the "average weather," or more rigorously, as the statistical description in terms of the mean and variability of relevant quantities over a period of time ranging from months to thousands of years. The classical period is 3 decades, as defined by the World Meteorological Organization (WMO). These quantities are most often surface variables such as temperature, precipitation, and wind. Climate in a wider sense is the state, including...

"Be yourself! No, not that way" - Society

Posted July 18, 2014 Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

We have come a long way in many aspects, technology, medicine, architecture, biodiversity etc. Something that has not changed is the lack of toleration. This generation is "more open minded" than the ones before. That's partly true, see this generation is extremely diverse, and with that diversity many ways of thinking appear. Many times those ways of thinking clash. That leads to conflict and disagreement. This generation has been in a way forced to grow up before time, se...

Humanity misses you Madiba!

Posted July 18, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

Today is the Madiba day; we're celebrating this important day without the person who has inspired us! Today, we remember a great man who fought for all of us, who suffered in prison, who was bitten so that we can live here in this big world without racism. Mandela was an activist who believed that it's our responsibility to fight and to defend our rights, and that it's up to us to make the world a better place for those who were oppressed and victims of the awful racism. Madiba...

It's time to step up the pace in the fight against AIDS

Posted July 16, 2014 no picture Emily@UNICEF_AIDS

no picture Emily@UNICEF_AIDS View Profile

Have you heard about the 20th International AIDS Conference taking place next week in Melbourne, Australia? I am saddened to learn that many people aboard the Malaysian Airlines flight that crashed over Ukraine were en route to attend the conference. Some of the world’s top AIDS experts were among its victims. My thoughts are with those affected by the tragedy. Scientists, activists, policy makers and people living with HIV will gather at the conference to examine the global,...

LIFE STILL HAS MEANING

Posted July 18, 2014 no picture Cadmus Atake-E

no picture Cadmus Atake-E View Profile

If there is a future there is time for mending Time to see your troubles coming to an end Life is never hopeless however great your sorrow- If you‘re looking forward to a new tomorrow If there is time for wishing then there is time for hoping- When through doubt and darkness you are blindly groping. Though the heart is heavy and hurt you may be feeling- If there is time for praying there is time for healing. So if through your window there is a new day breaking-...

Series of Hunger VS TV series in Ramadan

Posted July 17, 2014 no picture Radwa Maher Ali

no picture Radwa Maher Ali View Profile

Food is the dream of of some people and it's the least available thing for them. Some people wish for a meal a day consisting half a loaf of bread and cheese, it can be their definition of luxury. In Egypt, in Ramadan 2014, there's a series of advertisements called ''Mosalsal El Goaa'' (Series of Hunger). There's one of those advertisements about aman who searches the "trash" for food to feed his kids (pic.1). And another about 2 brother having turns to eat, each one eats in a da...