22 WAYS TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
- 30 Posts
- Age 22
Happy belated new year! I celebrated my 22nd birthday on January 6 and, in honour of that, here are 22 things that would make the world a better place if we all practised them. After all, to change the world, you must first change yourself.
1. Tell the truth.
2. Admit your mistakes, apologize, learn from them, and do better.
3. Confess your faults/weaknesses.
4. Express gratitude.
5. Ask for help.
6. Offer to help someone.
7. Give a sincere compliment.
8. Applaud someone else's achievements.
9. Communicate your expectations.
10. Comfort someone that's hurting.
11. Confront and solve interpersonal and intrapersonal conflicts.
12. Pledge your support to causes that build the world, not destroy it.
13. Discourage gossip.
14. Protest evil.
15. Share your knowledge.
16. Offer constructive feedback.
17. Defend someone against destructive criticism.
18. Tell clean jokes.
19. Say 'please'.
20. Express genuine concern for other people.
21. Keep your promises and do not make promises that you can't keep.