Allow Me to Introduce Myself

Posted July 30, 2014 no picture Marissa

no picture Marissa View Profile

Hey everyone! I've been debating for a couple of months now on whether or not I want to participate in this online community. There was no particular reason why, I just didn't if I was ready to take a leap into the unknown. As you can tell, I ended up taking the leap, and I'll just have to see where I land. I can't tell you exactly what this blog is going to be about, because honestly I do not know. I am just going to see where the wind takes me.

Okay so I am currently a freshmen biology major. I plan on attending medical school, and after I finish up my residency, I would love to spend a few years working for Doctors Without Borders. I decided to become a doctor the summer going into my junior year of high school. It was an epiphany. In the beginning of August, I fainted and somehow landed under my table. Anyways, my mother rushed me to the hospital, even though I repeatedly told her I was fine. Thankfully I was, but the doctors wanted to hook me onto an IV with salt water since I was looking unusually pale (and I am extremely pale). To make a long story short, the doctor noticed that I had and a sort of calming aura around me. I was at first alarmed because that was a strange compliment, but he said it's a trait more doctors should possess. Now, at that time, I was debating on what my vocation should be, and this felt like a shove in the right direction. I've always known I wanted to help people, particularly children, and being a doctor suddenly seemed like the perfect fit for me.

So this is me, a Cuban-American woman, who is going to try her best express what she is passionate about.

I hope you all have a wonderful day.

God bless

Blogging Intern 2014