An unforgettable moment

Posted December 6, 2013 no picture Assy Barry

no picture Assy Barry View Profile

Katy Perry with Brooklyn International

Katy Perry with Brooklyn International

It was a great honor listening to Katy Perry speak at the UNICEF House on December 3, 2013. I am thankful that I could attend this special event in which she officially became UNICEF’s newest Goodwill Ambassador. Her participation motivated me to be part of UNICEF. My two favorite parts were watching Katy Perry's Unconditionally music video in Madagascar and seeing her sign the contract that making her an official UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador.

I think that Katy Perry becoming UNICEF’s Goodwill Ambassador will persuade more young people like me to participate in the work of this organization. She is the one that motivated me to be part of this, and made me more confident in supporting children’s rights and UNICEF’s work. She made me realize that being part of the change can help many children in need, to stop violence and protect people from harm.

Also, Katy Perry will surely be one of the best Goodwill Ambassadors of UNICEF. She has the heart and mind to help young people and give more strength to us so we can go on until we reach what we have dreamed of. Also, I think a lot of us will listen to her because I feel that she can understand us and she knows what is in our minds.

In the music video, I noticed she was having fun with the kids and she was playing with them. Also, there is a part where she was joking with one of the kids, which made me laugh. Moreover, it seemed like she could understand women in Madagascar because she was listening to them closely.

Finally, I think Katy Perry can inspire us in many ways. So, for us "to be the change we wish to see in the world," I think she can just keep giving us advice and continuing to encourage us. This will prove to us that we can change the world if we believe in ourselves and have a good heart. She already showed us a good part of who she is, which changed me, and I’m sure that it has changed more people like me too. So, if she shows us more of herself as a caring person, there will be more of me who will be changing the world today. I hope she will keep helping and inspiring us.

children UNICEF advice Katy Perry Goodwill Ambassador