Aquaponic Has Emerged as the Ultimate Food Production System for Places Where Water is Scarce

Posted May 30, 2012 no picture Martha Fernandez

no picture Martha Fernandez View Profile

One of the major problems in world is hunger. Aquaponic is an integrated farming technique that could solve hunger in places where water is scarce. Its main components are hydroponics and aquaculture in a closed and controlled enviroment. The greatest advantages are: offering to every family a way to survive by cultivating vegetables and fresh water fish using only 2% of water they will use in traditional agriculture. The system could be implemented with recycled materials in their homes and the day-a-day maintainance is very easy for everyone. If production surpasses the family consumption, they could comercialize the excedents vegetables and fishes with the neighbors giving the family an extra income. With aquaponic the benefits for the earth are huge: the systems don't pollute and allow the soil to recuperate its fertility. Family health also increases due the consumption of organic foods.

Definitely, global organizations should consider in their programs the promotion of aquaponic in african villages where water and hunger are primordial problems.

For more information in this amazing system visit Aquaponics at Home