...As the days roll by

no picture Writer
Shalom Adedeji

Free Source: Oleg yelstov on unsplash

Free Source: Oleg yelstov on unsplash

AS THE DAYS ROLL BY, I bow my head in shame and look up to the sky to feel a reassurance within my soul that I am living a fulfilled life. Instead I find none because I am busy living a life of a photocopy. I like to compare myself with others and I have lived a life of ifs and buts. I have allowed my mistakes to hold me down and leave me lying helpless on the floor. My pasts are painted on a canvas that mock me wherever I turn. I feel broken and shattered with nothing going right in my life.

AS THE DAYS ROLL BY, I stand in front of my calendar counting the days for my anguish and guilt to subside. With a heavy lidded eye, I scan through my calendar and feel my heart beating heavily as I remember my hearing in court draws near. I would soon be found guilty for man slaughter. I thought to myself that I am not guilty because I was only defending myself from that evil man.

With tears in my eyes, I realized I wouldn't be in this mess if I had just been my true lively self. Despite being poor, I could have had a better life than this. I have made my mistakes and I have learnt through sheer torment the benefit of being "YOU".

BE YOU, BE AUTHENTICALLY YOU.

Don't let the gossip and murmurings of others affect you.

Don't be affected by the hatred of others.

Be an eagle, be regal.

Be an ant, be hardworking.

Be a lion, be a king.

Be a visionary leader.

Be a conqueror.

Don't compare yourself with others because someone out there needs you to be the real "YOU".

You are alive to put a smile on someone's face.

You are valued by people out there.

Don't shed your wings when the storm rages.

Be uniquely "YOU".

And you will see...

AS THE DAYS ROLL BY, YOU WILL BE A CONQUEROR.

AS THE DAYS ROLL BY, YOU WILL BE A WINNER.