Beautiful

Xix

You are beautiful just the way you are

You are beautiful just the way you are

Today, I am here to remind you that you are beautiful.

I know it doesn't feel like it sometimes. Some days you look in the mirror and all you can see are the negatives. The zits, the scars, the birthmark that sits right in the middle of your forehead. Some days you look in the mirror and you only see the things you want to change.

Some days you won't feel as confident as you usually do. Clothes just don't look right, your hair won't stay out of your eyes, and all you want to do is turn invisible. Just for today, you want to be invisible.

I understand. It's hard to be confident in today's world. Today you're bombarded with images of golden skin on a tiny frame. Long, lean, yet strong. Everything the world wants you to be. And you can't be that, because that's not real.

It's okay. It's okay to be real. Everyone has zits. Everyone has birthmarks, everyone as things they wish they didn't have. But I am here to remind you that you are beautiful because of all those things. Who you are makes you beautiful. You are lovely and strong just the way you are. Today I will remind you that no matter what comes up, you are the best because you are you. And one day you'll remember to remind yourself of your beauty and your strength.

You are beautiful. You are strong. And you always will be.