Big changes are coming to Voices of Youth

Avatar Voices of Youth

Credit: Pexels.com

Credit: Pexels.com

Dear Voices of Youth member

The Voices of Youth team would like to thank you for your support and participation over the years. Thanks to you, Voices of Youth is a source of inspiration and ideas for thousands of young people around the world.

We’re writing to you today with some exciting news: in the second half of January 2019 we’ll be launching a brand-new Voices of Youth website.

The features and functions of the new site will help us grow as a community and will also give you much more power as storytellers and changemakers.

This is a big project and the next few months will be a transition period as we prepare to launch the new site and close the current site. We want to make this change as smooth as possible, and as part of that we want to highlight some important information:

- In compliance with data privacy best-practices, to participate on the new site you will have to register again and create a new profile. Once the transition is complete, the user base of the old site will be deleted.

- We will not be transferring all the content of the existing site to the new site. If there are blog posts you are proud of, and want to include them on your new profile, you will have to recreate them on the new site. Unfortunately, comments will not carry over.

- Please use this opportunity to review all your current content. If you would like any of your posts deleted, please email info@voicesofyouth.org with the specific link(s) and the subject link: Request for Deletion. Please ensure you save your content before you request deletion as we will not be able to retrieve it afterwards.

- Once we launch the new site we will no longer approve any content on the old site and you will not be able to log in.

- All the old content of Voices of Youth will continue to be available online for six months ONLY after the launch.

Big changes are never easy, and we want to apologise in advance for any challenges you may experience during the transition period.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us or to get in touch with us via email or social media. We will be posting regular updates on social media and the Voices of Youth site so please follow closely for the latest news.

Best regards

The Voices of Youth team