Child soldiers: An effect of conflict in society

Ampah

(c) UNICEF/UN0185830/Tremeau

(c) UNICEF/UN0185830/Tremeau

"Human rights law declare 18 as the minimum legal age of recruitment and use of children in hostilities", yet in conflict societies children as young as age 9 are manipulated, tricked, and forced to combat like soldiers in conflicts. Many children are forced to become child soldiers because they have no option or choice to take in order to survive, in order to get their daily bread, in order to live. It is very sad to see children armed and ready for combat when they are supposed to be free, have fun, make friends, play games, live the life of any normal kid. The rights of many children in conflict societies are highly infringed upon. Children go through a lot of physical, emotional, psychological pain fighting in wars. The injuries from gunshots, bombings, etc. greatly risks the lives of children. Many children pass away in wars who are innocent and want peace and unity restored.

Conflicts affects everyone regardless of your age, gender, innocence or guilt, but trust me that the most pain is felt by innocent children who have big dreams to prosper in the future. The pain is felt most by children who want to be a change in society. The pain is felt most by the children who just want to have fun and enjoy their childhood.

For just a minute, put your feet in the shoes of these children in conflict societies. Think about what they go through every day. Now I want you to return to your normal self and ask yourself:

WHAT AM I DOING TO HELP THESE CHILDREN? WHAT IS THE WORLD DOING TO HELP THESE CHILDREN? WHAT CAN WE AS YOUTH DO BETTER TO SOLVE THIS ISSUE ABOUT CHILD SOLDIERS?

This is just a reminder that not every child enjoys the rights you may enjoy, not every child is given the chance to enjoy childhood, not every child is given the opportunity to make his or her dreams a reality because all their chances are crushed by conflict.

Its about time we make a difference in their lives.