Climate Mappers Needed!

Avatar ZaynVOY

We're looking for more mappers to bring child & youth voices to the Sendai Conference. To apply submit this form by Friday, February 20th, 2015.

Last September some of you helped us create a digital map showing the challenges and the positive actions taken around the world to address environmental issues.

This year we would like to expand this map and tackle the impact of disasters on our communities.

Has your neighborhood ever been flooded by heavy rain?

Do you see people who've lost their homes after a storm or an earthquake?

If you believe that we should do something about how these events affect communities around the world, make your voice heard and help us continue building up the digital Climate Change Map.

In March 2015, a group of young people will gather in Sendai, Japan for a few days prior and in parallel to the World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction to discuss another component of the climate crisis - how to reduce risks faced by communities when a disaster occurs. The goal will be for world leaders and experts in this area of work to build on what has been achieved in the past 10 years and develop actions and solutions going forward.

To help bring the voices of young people to the forefront of this conference, we need you to tell us how disasters affect your communities but also the positive actions that are being taken to reduce the impact of such disasters.

How? Through digital mapping!

During a period of 2 weeks (from February 21st to March 8th), a selected group of young people will show the world the challenges and positive actions around disasters and their impact on communities. They will do this by uploading pictures and geo-location reports to a special UNICEF global digital map focusing on climate change and disaster risks.

If you are between 18 and 25 years old, have access to a computer and the Internet, and have an interest in environmental issues, you can apply to participate in this digital mapping activity by filling out this form by Friday, February 20th, 2015.