Create Your Own Happiness

Reeya Pokharel

Everybody prays for happiness, but nobody prays for sadness because we always want to be happy. But life is the combination of happiness and sadness. Life is like a cart and happiness and sadness are like two wheels of the cart. Both are equally important to run life properly.

When we feel sad or depressed, we should try to overcome it, we should work hard, fight against it. Happiness depends on what you can give, not what you can get. In our society, both positive and negative people exist. Negative people will always try to make you feel bad about yourself. They will try to lower your self-esteem but you need to focus on yourself not on their words. Their opinions can't define who you are.

We are never satisfied with what we have, we always want more in life. This is human nature and we can't completely stop this but we can control our desires of wanting more. We should learn to be happy in what we have, learn to enjoy with whom and where we are. We should try to be happy in small things instead of wanting big things.

Social media is also responsible for the cause of sadness in many people nowadays. People get affected by different posts, comments, etc. Let's not bring the negativity of the virtual world in to real world. Do not let the virtual world steal your happiness. Try to use social media wisely and positively.

Do not cry over the things and mistakes you have made in the past, forgive yourself and others as well. Think positively, overcome your difficulties without any fear, be brave and accept the fact that sadness is also a part of our life. Spend time with your family, friends, play with children, spread love and care, and help others.

You are responsible for your own happiness. Don't expect others to make you happy, don't let others ruin your happiness. You only live once, enjoy every moment of your life. Instead of searching happiness, create your own happiness.