DIGITAL SAFETY

Posted March 7, 2014 no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA

no picture ANTHONY_CONNECT_ZAMBIA View Profile

Internet safety, or online safety, is the knowledge of maximizing the user's personal safety and security risks on private information and property associated with using the internet, and the self-protection from computer crime in general. As the number of internet users continues to grow worldwide,[1] internet safety is a growing concern for both children and adults. Common concerns regarding safety on the internet include: malicious users (Spam, Phishing, Cyberbullying, Cyberstalking etc.), websites and software (Malware, Computer Virus, etc.) and various types of obscene or offensive content. Several crimes can be committed on the Internet such as stalking, identity theft and more. Most social networking and chat sites have a page about safety. Numerous groups, governments and organizations have expressed concerns about the safety of children using the Internet. Safer Internet Day is celebrated worldwide in February to raise awareness about internet safety.[2] In the UK the Get Safe Online campaign has received sponsorship from government agency Serious Organized Crime Agency (SOCA) and major Internet companies such as Microsoft and eBay.[3]