Do one thing: Volunteer!

Posted August 2, 2014 Avatar MariaJoseCelis

Avatar MariaJoseCelis View Profile

Do you volunteer or do community work? How do you contribute to your community?

A good way to help out is volunteering. Volunteering is amazing whether it's at an animal shelter or at an elderly home.

The thing about volunteering is that you have to do it from your heart, why be a poser and pretend to care? When you help out whether it's just smiling at an elder or petting a dog you are helping out in the world.

You may be thinking, but why should I volunteer?

Volunteering does make a difference, in you in the people around you, in your community. I believe and have witnessed and felt that when you volunteer, and you see the world in a different light. When you see a smile, when you know you helped, there is joy is side of you. You make a difference in the lives of those who you help by volunteering, when you volunteer and take the time to help you give hope. Those grandparents who were left in an elderly home that feel lonely often become very sour, but when you're there for them and you show them that you care, you make a difference in their lives and give them some happiness back.

What I'm trying to do is to encourage you to volunteer, to make a difference in your life and in the life of others. The best feeling is helping and giving to someone, without anything in return. So go make a difference, give someone their smile back and give back to the world!

inspire youth human rights Volunteer Blogging Intern 2014