Education for Girls Facebook App launched by Charity Plan to help raise money for girls in developing countries

Posted July 18, 2012 no picture Jason

no picture Jason View Profile

The ‘Education for Girls’ Facebook app will bring back fond memories by providing a list of 50 well-loved books for you to pick out those you’ve read – from ‘Angelina Ballerina’ and ‘Charlie and the Chocolate Factory' to ‘Where the Wild Things Are’ and ‘The Wind in the Willows’.

You will also have the chance to buy a ‘virtual book’ for £3 which will help raise funds for girls in developing countries. As the virtual library builds you’ll be able to see how many children have been helped through the app.

You can donate via SMS and don’t need to enter your bank details into the app. Instead, you simply fill out your mobile number and the cost of the donation is added to your phone bill.

To try the app please click here.

What Does Plan Hope to Achieve?

Plan want to reach 4 million girls by improving access to schools, skills, livelihood, participation and protection through our work as part of our ‘Because I am a Girl’ campaign. To achieve this, they want to raise £420 million globally and £40m in the UK by June 2016.

By donating a virtual book through Plan’s new app, users can help give girls the education they need to move themselves from a life of poverty, to a future with opportunity.”

About Plan

Plan is a global children’s charity that works with children in the world’s poorest countries to help them build a better future. A future you would want for all children, your family and friends.

For over 70 years they’ve been taking action and standing up for every child’s right to fulfil their potential by:

• giving children a healthy start in life, including access to safe drinking water

• securing the education of girls and boys

• working with communities to prepare for and survive disasters

• inspiring children to take a lead in decisions that affect their lives

• enabling families to earn a living and plan for their children’s future

Find out more by visiting Plan. You can also try the Facebook app here.