Education in Malaysia

no picture Education in A Developing Country
FaithforChildren

Free source: Photo by Fancycrave on Unsplash

We see Malaysia as a developing country that is steadily growing economically. We see Malaysia as a country that takes care of its people, be it education or healthcare. At least that's what I believe people living in the cities think.

Living in a rural area in North Malaysia, education appears to be like "vegetables". It is important and good for children, but it is hated. Now, I'm not saying children in these towns hate education, but I feel they may not understand the how important it is. And I believe there are many factors that contribute to that statement.

One of it is the teachers. Forget about the facilities, because the school I teach at has enough. It appears that the teachers are probably the biggest reason students are missing class and vandalizing school walls with teacher's names. I've been a teacher for two months at my former school (well not a real teacher but more like a teaching artist. I work under a teacher who's conducting a school project) and from my observation, teachers loose their passion to teach. They are given loads of work, plus having to teach multiple subjects!? That's absolutely ridiculous to me.

In a world where countries are still developing, human rights are being violated, crimes are rising, education is not something we should leave behind. I believe that in providing a better education for children, we need to make sure that teachers are being taken care of too. Children are our future leaders and the last thing we want to do is ruin the nation's future.

Let's protect children's right to education by protecting our teachers.