Extremism and its causes, a real threat!

Posted August 20, 2014 no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine

no picture GHEBOULI Zinelabidine View Profile

http://tellmamauk.org

http://tellmamauk.org

" All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood. " - Article 1 of the universal declaration of human rights.*

" Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status. Furthermore, no distinction shall be made on the basis of the political, jurisdictional or international status of the country or territory to which a person belongs, whether it be independent, trust, non-self-governing or under any other limitation of sovereignty " - Article 2 of the universal declaration of human rights.*

Every one is free! This is the main idea and the main principal of the Universal Declaration of human rights. No one should force another human being to follow him, no one has the right to exterminate those who don't agree with him.. we're different but we're all humans even if we disagree sometimes, we must work for the good of our planet. This is how I define the human relationship between us. I have my own life style, my friend has his own lifestyle, even my family disagree with me sometimes but there is a respect between all of us, there is something we call " tolerance ". I stay away from others' individual liberties and I ask them to do the same.. This is how I understand the acceptance of others' religion, culture, ideas and ideologies. As long as you don't try to oblige me to do something, you're free to live the life you want.

Some people do not understand this, they see themselves as angels and they guess that who ever disagrees with them is the "Devil"! They try to control our lives, to make us like them, they hate diversity and they feel scared when they hear about others' opinions. And what makes me sad is that they claim and say: " We are right, and others are wrong!". This method of thinking, this way of living is extremely dangerous because after claiming and talking, they move to the next step: Violence! They justify their actions mainly by religion and they often say: We're the soldiers of God; but there are some people who justify their actions by their love of the country or by what they call "Nationalism". I don't care if they talk (They're free as any one else to express their ideas), I don't care about their lifestyle because as I said before: every one is free. But when they move from talking to shooting on people and bombarding them, when they move from claiming to killing, when they move from expressing ideas to slaying who disagrees with them, when they choose violence as the only way of change, I must say "NO"!

Extremism is mainly based on religious purposes ( In general, it's either: Islamic, Christian or Jewish ). Those who are extremists believe they have the responsibility to make people religious, they generally don't believe in freedom of religion, freedom of expression... They mainly have this awkward principal: If you aren't with me, then you're against me; if you don't agree with me, then you're my enemy; if you don't follow me, then you must be killed. It's very dangerous to have such principal, I believe they don't care about tolerance and they have this idea that only them have the pure truth and others are either wrong or sinners, if they're wrong then they must be guided to the truth and if they're sinners they must be punished. They play the role of God here, they take his place and they judge people and they forget that we're all humans and we make mistakes. Of course, not every religious person is an extremist, and I have nothing against being religious, I consider religion as a personal choice and I respect each and every religion, I dream about a world where it doesn't matter if you follow a religion or not, but what matters is what you do for the best of your country.

" Everyone has the right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion; this right includes freedom to change his religion or belief, and freedom, either alone or in community with others and in public or private, to manifest his religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship and observance. " - Article 18 of the universal declaration of human rights. *

" Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers. " - Article 19 of the universal declaration of human rights. *

These two articles are very important and most extremists are against this declaration for a simple reason: this declaration gives and protects freedom of religion and thought. If we try to find the causes of extremism, we would know that generally people or youth who are depressed and don't have anything to do, they often try to find their way out of this difficult situation by becoming extremists. Also, the lack of opportunities and social equality can make young people see in this extremism the only way to express themselves. I think there is also a third reason, the poverty and the lack of knowledge; generally people who are not educated and who live under some extremely difficult circumstances believe the way to escape from this painful reality is by killing other people, I like to note here that emotions can also cause this behavior.

Well, extremism is a very difficult subject and I tried to explain it and express my opinions about it. I'll try to talk in the coming days about how could we fight this extremism, and I want to say not every extremism is based on religion, I think it often is but there are some cases where it's based on political reasons.

So, what do you think about extremism? What are the main causes of it? How do you see extremists? And how could we end this thing?

* Universal Declaration of human rights.

extremism tolerance terror Blogging Intern 2014