Forgotten Arabia, Yemen

no picture ruaajynx

First step to change is awareness. No child deserves to be deprived from basic rights. They're our future. I'm trying to yell but their blood stained hands are on my mouth. The metallic salty taste will not stop me to bring back justice to my people and homeland 
Please spread the word on the inhuman acts happening in Yemen.

First step to change is awareness. No child deserves to be deprived from basic rights. They're our future. I'm trying to yell but their blood stained hands are on my mouth. The metallic salty taste will not stop me to bring back justice to my people and homeland Please spread the word on the inhuman acts happening in Yemen.

See I've got a pen and a paper, an empty head. I'm trying to come up with adjectives, and words anything that can come close to what my homeland truly means to me. I've been racking my head for days and what I've come up with that its a small broken piece of paradise, fallen from above.

I've travelled to paradise, I promise. Walked it's streets, valleys and it's green fields. Visited it's mountains, cities, villages and towns. Inhaled it's air, talked to its people, and guess what I've found. Home.

However; paradise has become broken and so has my home, and people. They've become miserable and that's almost impossible, I mean it's paradise. They have been destroyed by war and hatred. Killing lives is as easy as picking flowers and ending its life. Evil decorating their hands with blood. Deceiving, they use flowers as a sign of peace, and love. Hour by hour an angel meets a new angel.

Houses have been destroyed, lives have been lost, dreams have been crushed, and most importantly hope has been lost. Forget hide and seek kids hide under the rubble. Generation without pencil familiar with red colored walls.

It's funny you see they call me a patriot because I love my country. And I believe it's freedom is worth fighting for, but you see my homeland is crumbling and by crumbling I mean the literate meaning; it is collapsing, breaking, aching, bleeding, and starving.

Selfish enough scientist forget to mention that there is a blood type called the Yemeni blood. Blood that flows through my veins and helps in pumping my heart. Used as decoration to stain the streets. Blood that is taken advantage off. Irionic because it's no different than the A type, the B type, the AB type, the O type. Same color, used for same functions. Only difference that it's unacknowledged, forgotten and unvalued.

Point is my people are innocent. Undeserving of the injustice and the crises. Look me in the eye and tell me they're not worthy. Why is the world silent?When millions are suffering?

Wake up. The World is favoring lives. When did lives become flavors. Surprised that compassion is still a word in today's society. I am not asking for your sympathy, but for your empathy. I can't sleep knowing that my brothers and sisters cower in fear, mothers rocking their children and the only lullaby are the sounds of the the bombs that whistle overhead. You can't even visualize the traumatizing experience, imagine a horror movie become a reality, to a whole nation.

Sometimes I wish I could be as ignorant as the rest, because it gets to me too. I mean how can I eat knowing a whole family is starving. How can I rest my head peacefully while I hear them scream on the screen.

I hold my breath while I watch a kid crying over her fathers dead body. Wishing to be deaf and blind that very second. Her screams echoing in my head, the whole entire day. I slam the laptop shut, unable to come to terms with all that blood, all that blood is making me dizzy. I'm not blaming God, because this is a test. To see if we'd truly help and care, he gave you so much better yet some of us complain.

Believe it or not silence is a crime.