Holistic approach towards fashion

no picture Ms
Dayeeta

Free source: Photo by Lauren Jon on Flickr

The picture shows three ties placed in a manner such that it represents the Reuse-Reduce and Recycle symbol.This is definitely an appropriate symbol for sustainable fashion.

Free source: Photo by Lauren Jon on Flickr The picture shows three ties placed in a manner such that it represents the Reuse-Reduce and Recycle symbol.This is definitely an appropriate symbol for sustainable fashion.

The Bureau of Labor Statistics estimates that American households on an average, spend $1,700 a year on apparel, footwear and related products and services accounting for 3.5 percent of their average annual expenditures.

This is not the problem with just American households, but almost every other household around the world. WE not only buy clothes too often, but also throw away so much more that it contributes to a great deal of clutter. Moreover, we wash the clothes in warm water and most of this warm water is released into bodies of water without being cooled or treated, thereby affecting its habitat. Usually fossil fuels and other forms of renewable energy are used to heat up water. When we think of the number of times we do laundry in a week we can realize that we are greatly responsible towards the fast depletion of our natural resources.

If we can use the same clothes on and on and wash them in cold water we will be able to contribute a great deal towards saving the nature.

As a first year Computer Science student in I want to make people aware of the holistic approach towards fashion.

I would request any one to share their thoughts on how they would like technology to contribute a sustainable approach towards clothing.