How To Avoid Being Bullied

Posted March 12, 2014 no picture Victor Brown Omovbude

no picture Victor Brown Omovbude View Profile

1) NOTE that body language is extremely. important. -Do not look at your feet when you walk. - Do not bite your nails (it is an animal instinct of nervousness). -DO NOT Walk with your hands in your pockets. Examine your current habits: do any of them make you seem smaller, weaker or less physically capable? If so, change them to something that will make you appear larger and more confident.
2) Keep in mind that self esteem is even more important but harder to attain. -You are a very important person. You matter! You matter to your parents, teachers and relatives. Self-confidence may be the only thing that separates you from the most popular kid in school.
3) DO NOT Attempt to throw back comebacks unless you are incredibly adept . Bullies practice their comebacks on other kids all day everyday. You probably don't and you will merely say something that they will use against you.
4) WHEN RIDICULED; say nothing, and stare them viciously in the eye like a hungry animal . This may be difficult at first but you won't be giving them the reaction they want. They want you to give in and try to fight them so they can beat you. If you don't fight, they can't win.
5) TELL SOMEBODY. Never keep quiet.

6) Keep an eye out in the halls. These are great bully hideouts because they can strike while you are in a group so they won't be seen. Move among the other kids with head held high, scanning for threats. It may sound a bit paranoid but it comes in very handy.
7) Remember that you do not deserve to be bullied. Bullies are people who have low self-esteem and a great need for power - a bad combination. Thousands of kids who are perfectly nice get bullied every single day. But you have to take action against it. Don't start a fight, but don't let the bullying continue.
8) Do not do anything physical to the bully. You are the target. They are not the target, because you want to avoid them. Don't do anything to make them mad. If you get upset, and want to slap him/her in the face, walk away with your head held high.
9) If they make fun of something you do or something you wear, do not change your habits. This will only show them they have power over you.
10) The first time someone you don't know offends you, insults you or hits you, stop them before it gets bad. If you stand up for yourself straight away, it sends a message that they should leave you alone. If you let them get away with it by looking away or ignoring it, it may continue and others may join in - Bullies often back down with this. Watch your body language. Don't look at the floor. Don't slouch and wish you could disappear, even though you feel that way. Stand strong and tall and face your bully. Bullies usually pick victims who won't stand up to them.

11) Tell your school counselor, parents, teacher, and continue to tell them if it does not stop. Schools are breaking the law if they allow bullying to continue within their walls. They must provide you with a safe education.

http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Being-Bullied-in-Middle-School

speak out self esteem bullying