Humanity in war

Maria Ajmal

Free source: Photo by Aleksandr Ledogorov on Unsplash

In a realistic word, we can have two choices; peace or war. But even in times of peace, weapons are often honed for war. It appears that the war industry can never have fiscal issues, no matter what the circumstances are.

The word ‘peace’ would be imaginative for many who have seen their countrymen and compatriots struggling for life in war. What meaning of peace would be for those who are continuing their struggle for the right of self-determination or for those who are the victim of the mighty power tussle for power on another land?

What is the life of uncertainty? A life in which one doesn’t know whether they will be alive or not, get a meal to satisfy and quench their need or be the victim of horrendous crimes against humanity. Everyone has to die one day, but one is not supposed to die due to barbarity and brutality of others for their vested interests.

When a violent act ensues, it seems that no one looks for introspection of that tragic event, instead a day of remembrance is celebrated in commemoration of those who sacrificed their lives due to wrong policies of policy makers.

When a powerful country sets out to destroy a country, the victims are in the masses and the repercussions of that act continue till the end- at the cost of the blood of many poor people. War intensifies flames that extinguish all lights and make the situation more intense and more violent.

Apparently, one can give a plausible explanation to snuff out the life of others, but it is the verdict of history that vindicates or incriminates a person. For those who try to subjugate their opponents, considering themselves the mighty rulers and ultimate authority, history will ruin them like ashes.

In a temporal world, humanity is lost somewhere in the situation of war. Humanity, which demands for compassion and affection, and tears apart the heart after hearing the stories of downtrodden and underprivileged people, is the crux of the life.

Among all despair, there always remains hope amidst darkness. So remember to follow that beam of light in the dark tunnel as it will lead to the path of hope. Despite all efforts of persecution, a dawn has to appear which can’t be snuffed out.

When the world moves its course on the path of fascism, totalitarianism and autocracy some voices exist which speak about human and fundamental rights. It firms ones belief in humanity. Mahatma Gandhi said: “You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.” In the end, humanity triumphs and the lessons of those that raised their voice serve as a torchbearer amidst the path of apathy and darkness.