I AM BECAUSE WE ARE!

no picture Susan Christine

'' You can't change what is going on around you until you start changing what is going on within you.'' This was well put by Mahatma Gandhi when he said, '' BE THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE IN THE WORLD.''

The biggest challenge impacting the youth of today's generation is the battle they fight from within themselves, this is the battle between whether to express themselves as they truly are and be the main aim for criticism or just try to blend in and be like everyone else. The most disheartening thing with this disillusionment is that by trying to be a 'society pleaser' they miss out on the true beauty of what being yourself entails.

After all, we all have a quality in us that is unique than everyone else and from my perspective, this is what the youth of today's generation should be enlightened into.

Society tries to reinforce and legitimise 'somewhat fantasy of a living', there is a 'perfect' picture of everything that the youth tries to achieve from beauty to fitness to success, not realising that even the models in the magazine don't look like the original beautiful specimen that they are. Perfection is not only overrated but also transient and superficial, there is no way to try and take out any flaw in a flawed generation. We are all beautifully flawed and that that's the message the youth should be told.

They should be reminded that they are enough just as they are and the goal should not be to impress society but to create impact within society.

For instance, if the whole of society was blind, how many people would the youth of this generation impress?

The greatest challenge the youth of this generation is facing is their mentality, discipline the mentality, create a force to be reckoned with generation after another. ''I am because we are.'' society is a social construct, it teaches us about what it deserves but lets talk about what you deserve. Let go and let's live. Change the world one soul at a time starting from within because after all, '' I am because we are. ''