Inclusive Children Parliament

Posted November 27, 2012 no picture Inclusive Children Parliament

no picture Inclusive Children Parliament View Profile

Children from each family in a neighbourhood are organized into two separate children’s neighbourhood parliaments: one, a neighbourhood parliament of junior children (of 6 to 11 years) and the other neighbourhood parliaments of adolescents (of 12 to 18 years). They meet regularly and discuss their issues and problems such as Social issues, child right violation, harms of HIV/AIDS etc. and keep written minutes. Each unit has its own Prime Minister and other cabinet ministers in charge of various aspects of their neighbourhood such as Drug Abuse, Alcoholism, Domestic and other abuses, child trafficking, Broken family, Juvenile Deliquency etc. Since these parliaments are just territorially organized units, every child within that particular neighbourhood area of about thirty families automatically is considered a member. Children in these neighbourhoods gather together, learn together, analyse the issues, plan their responses, implement them and monitor the process etc. These NCPs are federated at the levels of the area, Neighbourhood, Village, Panchayat, Block, District, State and to the Global . NCPs being small face-to-face communities ensure maximum attention to all the members; being neighbourhood-based units ensure that all the children are covered; being units of a multi-tier federation gives the children a wider say and powerful protective network.