Inspire. Empower.

Avatar Activist
Ximena Coronado

Do you want to be a leader? Do you have a passion? Do you want to make a difference in this world?

If you answered yes to this questions, you and I already have few things in common.
My name is Ximena Coronado, I'm 15 years old, and I'm an environmental activist. It all truly began when I created a petition on Care2 in June 2016 which was aimed to help the environment. I've had to change it often since I continued to do extensive research on the topic, which was over "styrofoam". Today, I have over 600 signatures on it. (Linked below, the link name and the actual topic of the petition are different).

I have also created art for environmental organizations to raise awareness. I have even participated in competitions to also raise awareness. One time when I was little, I won state in an environmental art awareness competition. Recently, I competed with college students across Texas and I won 4th place. At this moment, I am creating an art business where a good portion of the money I will receive from selling the artwork, will be donated to environmental organizations. I also plan to buy plants and trees to plant in different locations.

All of this might come off as bragging, but this is the exact opposite of what I am trying to achieve. I want to inspire and empower anyone and everyone. I used to be a shy kid who was afraid to raise my voice. I thought I could never make a difference, but I realized I was so wrong. Use your passion to raise awareness. Educate others. Stand up for yourself. Don't be afraid to try and never be afraid to fail. You can make a difference in this world. Believe, work hard, and lead.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/323/809/154/demand-an-end-to-the-production-of-styrofoam-in-the-state-of-texas/