Join in the UNICEF Activate Talk Today!

Posted June 10, 2014 Avatar JulieVOY

Avatar JulieVOY View Profile

How can children and youth advocate for their own rights?

Join in the livestream of UNICEF's Activate Talks to listen & discuss with innovators and thought leaders. Activate Talks bring together innovators, experts and thought-leaders to showcase the latest innovations that can deliver progress on the major issues affecting the most vulnerable and marginalized children in each country.

The Activate Talk livestreaming here today takes place at the UN Headquarters in New York at 1:30pm EST-2:45pm EST. We invite you to join the conversation by following on Twitter and using #UNICEFActivate and #UNICEFtalk. You can also blog about the event throughout the week on Voices of Youth! The Voices of Youth Team is excited to be blogging from the event! If you would like to join us, please click on the link above!

Speakers:

- Saba Ismael (Pakistan) is the Executive Director of Aware Girls, a Peshawar-based NGO that she co-founded at the age of 15, along with a group of other young women, which works to empower women through training and advocacy. In 2010, she was a civil society representative at the Informal Interactive Hearing of the General Assembly with Non-Governmental Organizations, Civil Society and the Private Sector at the United Nations headquarters.

- Erik Martin (USA) is a game designer and a student at the University of Maryland creating his own major in New Media and Global Affairs. He is currently organizing a Student Constitutional Convention to create a National Student Bill of Rights with current and veteran students across the country, and works as a consultant to create games that entertain and engage players to promote peace and civil society with the international development agency FHI360.

- Chernor Bah (Sierra Leone) is a passionate youth advocate and leader, girl champion and former refugee from Sierra Leone. He is the Campaign Coordinator for Youth Engagement at A world at School. Chernor is the youth representative on the high level steering committee for Global Education First Initiative and Chair of the Youth Advocacy Group.

- Sofia Garcia-Garcia (Spain) is an active member of the Major Group of Children and Youth and the facilitator of its children working group. She ensures that the voices, needs and rights of the youngest children are also represented by the group by convening the voices of the children as well as the information gathered through different consultations by child-led organizations.

For more information, please visit: www.talk.unicef.org.

UNICEF UNICEFActivate UNICEFTalk