New report! Making Education a Priority in the Post-2015 Development Agenda

Posted September 11, 2013 no picture UNICEF Education

no picture UNICEF Education View Profile

A new report on Education in the Post-2015 Development Agenda has been launched as an outcome of the Global Thematic Consultation. The report offers a summary of the main themes and messages that have emerged from an inclusive and wide-ranging consultation process on education around the world.

Equitable, quality education and lifelong learning for all emerged as overarching goals on education for the post-2015 development agenda.

The report draws from a variety of platforms and in-person consultations with the voices and participation of over 21,000 people from over 100 countries; meetings on the regional and member state level; a global meeting in Dakar, Senegal in March 2013; a consultation of NGOs; and private sector and donor agencies. In the ‘My World’ UN Global Survey, good education ranks as the #1 priority for the post-2015 agenda.

The thematic consultation was co-led by UNICEF and UNESCO, with support from the Governments of Canada, Germany and Senegal and the William and Flora Hewlett Foundation.

Full report:
Making Education a Priority in the Post-2015 Development Agenda

Executive summary:
English| French

For more information visit:
Website: www.unicef.org/education and http://www.worldwewant2015.org/education2015
Twitter: @UNICEFEducation

UNICEF education UNESCO MDGs report post 2015