NoyPi

Posted May 21, 2014 no picture Pam

A woman holds her baby with a smile as her little daughter looks confusedly on the camera.

I took these photos last year on January 16.

These photos were included for my photo-documentary entitled "NoyPi", which is obviously my title for this article. My center point in my documentary is poverty, but it seems ironic in some pictures because some people involved were smiling when I took photos of them.

It's nice to see my fellow country men still have those beautiful smiles although they experience poverty. Therefore, I should say, they don't suffer from poverty, they live in it.

I'm not a professional photographer that's why I can't tell the whole story just by one picture. The Philippines has lots of provinces and cities that have poor families living and struggling in their own lives. Poverty has never been a new thing for anyone. Many countries experience it at some point, but no ever had a chance to finally put an end to it.

I'm sorry if my blog is a mess and it's not really making any sense, but I just wanted to show people the other side of our country.

Yes, it's more fun in the Philippines, but does that tagline help our people? Think again.

Philippines documentary NoyPi